Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #2011
kpm76
DIS Veteran
Charlie Brown is competing with my college basketball game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
WL CL by a longggggg shot!!!!

IMHO, WL CL has
-friendlier CL CM's
-bigger lounge
-better food choices
-awesome views available (we had a view of the Castle and could see Wishes at night)

I would never dream of booking WL without CL again, it was that good.

I would stay at YC again, but have no problems not doing CL...that part was lacking.
Thank you!! This is exactly my gut feeling. Our youngest will turn 3 during our trip and DH is a little worried about the WL lounge because DS is a climber. I think he'll be fine

When we stayed CL at WL it was during out honeymoon and we had a split stay at GF/Poly CL/WL CL. Our experience at WL was incredible! It far exceeded our expectations. But that was 9 yrs ago so I didn't know if things changed.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #2012
outahere

Quote:
Yes, thank you!!!

And, can I ask how you liked Sugarloaf?
Having stayed CL at the Poly, YC and SL, I have to say we were very disappointed in SL. The CMs were very nice and helpful, the food offerings were good, but we did not like that when they closed at 10:00pm, they put almost everything away - no coffee, no tea and only a few sodas in the refrigerator. DW likes to have a cup of decaf tea after we get back from the parks at night - not happening at SL. We also had some issues with housekeeping there - a refrigerator stuffed with left over food and drinks when we checked in and one day we returned to the resort at almost 5:00pm to find all the dirty linens and towels from our room were in mesh bags piled in our bathroom - no fresh towels and the beds were stripped. I must say that once we called housekeeping, there was a manager in our room within 5 minutes, followed by two housekeepers a couple of minutes later.

Others have had great experiences there, but we were completely unimpressed by what is supposed to be Disney's flagship resort at WDW. If we're going to stay CL we'll be at the YC.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #2013
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
Having stayed CL at the Poly, YC and SL, I have to say we were very disappointed in SL. The CMs were very nice and helpful, the food offerings were good, but we did not like that when they closed at 10:00pm, they put almost everything away - no coffee, no tea and only a few sodas in the refrigerator. DW likes to have a cup of decaf tea after we get back from the parks at night - not happening at SL. We also had some issues with housekeeping there - a refrigerator stuffed with left over food and drinks when we checked in and one day we returned to the resort at almost 5:00pm to find all the dirty linens and towels from our room were in mesh bags piled in our bathroom - no fresh towels and the beds were stripped. I must say that once we called housekeeping, there was a manager in our room within 5 minutes, followed by two housekeepers a couple of minutes later.

Others have had great experiences there, but we were completely unimpressed by what is supposed to be Disney's flagship resort at WDW. If we're going to stay CL we'll be at the YC.
Thanks! Food for thought....

But see, if we were going to stay CL, it wouldn't be at YC

We were very underwhelmed with their CL.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 07-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #2014
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm76 View Post
Thanks so everyone who responded about SV YC CL

For those who have stayed at WL CL and YC CL, which do you prefer? We stayed WL CL many years ago and loved it. Never stayed YC CL though. DH wants to try it and I do too, but there seem to be mixed reviews about the CL. The location, however, can't be beat. Just looking for some opinions. The AP rate at WL CL for our dates is $295/night (plus tax) so it's a great deal. Thanks!
I just recently did a split stay at both of these resorts. I would pick the resort you want to stay at, and not the Club level. Club level is a nice extra. I would pick YC. It has a better pool, and better location. You really can't beat walking to Epcot for dinner. I love WL CL, but the resort itself can get a
littler boring after a few days. There is just not enough dining choices for us.

It really depends on how you like to vacation. I like the activity and dining options that the Epcot resorts offer. If your plan on spending a lot of your vacation in the lounge then WL is definitely better.

Have you considered BWI. I haven't tried their CL, but the reviews seem to be better than YC. It would keep you in the Epcot area.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2015
outahere

Quote:
Thanks! Food for thought....

But see, if we were going to stay CL, it wouldn't be at YC

We were very underwhelmed with their CL.
Well.... I guess we all have different experiences at any of the resorts. All of our CL stays at the YC have been excellent. Our next favorite is the Poly. One of these days we'll try CL at the WL. I've read some really good reviews of the CL there, but we usually spend more time at Epcot and DHS, so the YC works well for us. We'd love to try RPC at the GF, but we just can't justify the prices. It should be interesting to see how the prices at the new Four Seasons will compare to Disney deluxe resorts.

Just to add to my post above..... the housekeeping issue with the room basically in shambles, was not caused by our regular housekeeper. She was excellent and we tipped her very well every day that we saw that she was the one doing our room.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 07-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #2016
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WL CL by a longggggg shot!!!!

IMHO, WL CL has
-friendlier CL CM's
-bigger lounge
-better food choices
-awesome views available (we had a view of the Castle and could see Wishes at night)

I would never dream of booking WL without CL again, it was that good.

I would stay at YC again, but have no problems not doing CL...that part was lacking.
Yes to all!!! Except we get a court yard view cuz we love to listen to the Silver Springs waterfall!

I will add we think WL is the most relaxing, peaceful resort on property.

Only a few days to go!!!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 07-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #2017
kpm76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
I just recently did a split stay at both of these resorts. I would pick the resort you want to stay at, and not the Club level. Club level is a nice extra. I would pick YC. It has a better pool, and better location. You really can't beat walking to Epcot for dinner. I love WL CL, but the resort itself can get a
littler boring after a few days. There is just not enough dining choices for us.

It really depends on how you like to vacation. I like the activity and dining options that the Epcot resorts offer. If your plan on spending a lot of your vacation in the lounge then WL is definitely better.

Have you considered BWI. I haven't tried their CL, but the reviews seem to be better than YC. It would keep you in the Epcot area.
Thank you!! We're a little nutty because we typically do split stays. This is an 8 night trip and right now we are booked at the Poly for 3, BWV for 3 (we own DVC) and YC CL 2 nights (I stayed at the YC with DD and really liked it). DH really doesn't care for CL - he can take it or leave it. DD and I love it though And if I'm being honest, I think DH booked it this week because he's traveling and it's been a loooog week for me

Anyway, our kids are young - DD6 and DS will turn 3 during our trip. I loved the YC with DD, but I do have concerns about SB with our little guy. And I was there in May and it was not too crowded. This trip is in Aug, so I'm assuming SB will be super packed. By the end of the trip, we will likely be spending more time at the resort because of exhaustion so I think CL will be a nice treat. So torn though.......now considering AKL CL, also a good AP rate for those dates....I'm a mess...all of the place
Old 07-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #2018
CT Disney
Mouseketeer

Does anybody know what the beer selections are at the Poly as of late? We will be there in 3 short weeks!

Thanks!!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #2019
adecker08
Earning My Ears

There is a new app that someone else had mentioned on the boards called Beer and Ears. It has a list of all the bees served at Disney and where you can find them. The app can also can tell you how far the nearest venue is that sells the brand you are searching for. It's pretty cool especially for going around Epcot. However, it does not break it down to club level selections. Just thought I would share.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #2020
adecker08
Earning My Ears

All the beers not bees lol
Old 07-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #2021
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The AP rate at WL CL for our dates is $295/night (plus tax) so it's a great deal.
That's an awesome rate for WL CL .

Quote:
When we stayed CL at WL it was during out honeymoon and we had a split stay at GF/Poly CL/WL CL. Our experience at WL was incredible! It far exceeded our expectations. But that was 9 yrs ago so I didn't know if things changed.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you like Poly CL compared to WL CL? We've stayed WL CL and LOVED it and are trying Poly CL in December. Like you, our stay was 9 years ago and I have read recent reports that mirror our awesome experience, so it's nice to see that it still has the same great service and CMs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Only a few days to go!!!
Have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #2022
kpm76
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
That's an awesome rate for WL CL .

If you don't mind me asking, how did you like Poly CL compared to WL CL? We've stayed WL CL and LOVED it and are trying Poly CL in December. Like you, our stay was 9 years ago and I have read recent reports that mirror our awesome experience, so it's nice to see that it still has the same great service and CMs .
I was shocked when I pulled up the Passholder site and found that rate!

On our honeymoon, we stayed 2 nights at the GF in an outer building, followed by 4 nights at Poly CL and 4 nights at WL CL. I was a little concerned about WL because I am not the "ourdoorsy" type at all . Then I was concerned about having WL follow Poly. Honestly, WL was amazing! Totally and completely exceeded all of my expectations. I love that everything is all under one roof.

Now, Poly is in another category and has the price tag to match. We were Lagoon View CL. It was truly magical, but not sure I would justify the expense these days unless I got an awesome rate. I just looked up LV Poly CL for our dates and it's $595/night with a Passholder rate. Basically, it's double WL and I can't say it was worth double the amount. But worth is subjective and the Poly is an absolutely beautiful resort with grant transportation. Hope this helps!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #2023
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was shocked when I pulled up the Passholder site and found that rate!

On our honeymoon, we stayed 2 nights at the GF in an outer building, followed by 4 nights at Poly CL and 4 nights at WL CL. I was a little concerned about WL because I am not the "ourdoorsy" type at all . Then I was concerned about having WL follow Poly. Honestly, WL was amazing! Totally and completely exceeded all of my expectations. I love that everything is all under one roof.

Now, Poly is in another category and has the price tag to match. We were Lagoon View CL. It was truly magical, but not sure I would justify the expense these days unless I got an awesome rate. I just looked up LV Poly CL for our dates and it's $595/night with a Passholder rate. Basically, it's double WL and I can't say it was worth double the amount. But worth is subjective and the Poly is an absolutely beautiful resort with grant transportation. Hope this helps!
It does help, thanks . I'm glad you loved both WL CL and Poly CL. We are staying Poly GV CL in December and I considered LV CL, but it's $150 more a night . We've only stayed regular GV and I loved it, but I've been wanting to try CL, so we're giving it a try. I agree about the Poly rates being crazy.....and it's very crazy that LV CL is double WL CL (and with a discount at that) . Thanks again for your input, I really appreciate it .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #2024
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

If I'm staying CL, I try not to look at other prices! Otherwise I get into the awful game of... If I stay here its the same price for our hotel and food as this resorts room price alone!

We've stayed WL CL multiple times and loved it and we've stayed Poly CL multiple times and loved it. We just decide what kind of trip we want and budget accordingly!!!!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 07-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #2025
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

We just booked WL CL for 9/14-9/21. I am SO excited. We got a great AP rate for it and so we booked it. We have stayed 7 times at WL but never CL and we are SO excited! We decided against the DDP for this trip since we were doing CL and for the characters and dinners that we really want are going to be much less than the DDP will have been. Hopefully we have made the right decision (any encouragement?? ) Also, does CL have plastic bottles of water that you are able to take back to the room?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: