Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #1861
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Yup, we have APs and now TIW living in Charlotte. We are addicted to CL (although the Waldorf Orlando was amazing) and concierge on DCL will spoil you forever.
And one more thing...we booked an ABD for next July! Talk about a bad influence!
We have the Fantasy booked for next April too. Concierge wasn't available but we will look out for another last minute upgrade. Or we might cancel it and save our pennies for the ABD to Central Europe/ Prague/ Austria!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 06-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #1862
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
You can bring them to your room, but not to the lounge. The lounge and its offerings are for CL guests only.
My MIL stayed for 2 nights at BC while we were there but she was not club level. The staff was aware and was fine with her joining us in the lounge. I've read a number of similar accounts where guests were allowed to have guests outside of their room use the lounge with them as well. Even encouraged to invite them by the CL staff in some instances.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #1863
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if WL or poly have corona or vodka in the lounge?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #1864
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolobug View Post
Can anyone tell me if WL or poly have corona or vodka in the lounge?
I've never seen Vodka in any WDW CL lounge and I don't recall seeing Corona - sorry.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #1865
lolobug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I've never seen Vodka in any WDW CL lounge and I don't recall seeing Corona - sorry.
At least I knew before I booked!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #1866
krb2g
DIS Veteran

We are staying CL at the BWI for New Years Eve this year. Does anything special happen in the lounge? At the resort? How is the view of the special NYE fireworks from the lounge?
Old 06-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #1867
jecon
Mouseketeer

We are deciding between a CL stay at either the YC or BC. Which would you choose? We've stayed at both the SL and RPC in the GF and are the food and drink offerings comparable? I've read a couple of reviews that the food was limited at the YC
Old 06-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #1868
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecon View Post
We are deciding between a CL stay at either the YC or BC. Which would you choose? We've stayed at both the SL and RPC in the GF and are the food and drink offerings comparable? I've read a couple of reviews that the food was limited at the YC
The food offerings at BC and YC are the same. I only did BC and we enjoyed it but I've heard complaints from those who have done CL elsewhere that the lounges at both are small and a bit crowded in comparison. We had no issues with that though. I prefer the decor of BC which is why we chose that. Nautical theme just doesn't appeal to me.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #1869
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think the food offerings are going to be comparable to what you are used too. The BC and YC are pretty similar in offerings. I think the YC has better views, and you are guaranteed a balcony. The Epcot resorts do offer hard boiled eggs in the morning which is a big plus, but overall don't compare to the MK resorts especially RPC.

I decided to skip CL at YC on our next trip. I booked a LV instead.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #1870
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
And one more thing...we booked an ABD for next July! Talk about a bad influence!
We have the Fantasy booked for next April too. Concierge wasn't available but we will look out for another last minute upgrade. Or we might cancel it and save our pennies for the ABD to Central Europe/ Prague/ Austria!
What does ABD stand for. Just curious. We are planning several cruises over the next 5 years.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #1871
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
My MIL stayed for 2 nights at BC while we were there but she was not club level. The staff was aware and was fine with her joining us in the lounge. I've read a number of similar accounts where guests were allowed to have guests outside of their room use the lounge with them as well. Even encouraged to invite them by the CL staff in some instances.
Officially the rule is that CL is for paying CL guests only. It is, however, somewhat up to the discretion of the individual CL staff to allow it or not. When we stayed at BWI, I asked if some non-CL family members could join us in the lounge to share a birthday cake I bought for my son. I was told (nicely), no, that the CL lounge was only for CL guests. So it's not something anyone should count on or expect.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 06-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #1872
bowbat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
GF CL has the best food offerings at Disney, IMO. When we stayed SL, breakfast included a wide assortment of pastries plus yogurt, oatmeal & toppings, sliced meats & cheeses, and hard-boiled eggs. YC had a small selection of pastries, yogurt, oatmeal & toppings, and hard-boiled eggs.

For snacks, I recall SL having veggies and breadsticks in addition to the usual chips, trail mix & cookies offered at YC.

Starting at 4pm, SL offered tea and scones . They don't have that at YC. And the evening appetizers were WAY more plentiful and in a greater variety than YC.

IMO, the food offerings at the Epcot resorts are just okay. MK resorts are much better, with GF being the very best.
Wilderness Lodge – 10/2011, 11/2012, 11/2013
Boardwalk Inn – 11/2011, 3/2014
Grand Floridian – 2/2012
Yacht Club – 6/2013
Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #1873
micknme
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=mickeynut1;48779534]I can't help with your question about Chef Eugene, but just wanted to say congrats on being able to get back to the Poly .

Thanks for the congrats mickeynut1, we can't wait to go back. Have tried some other CL resorts since being here and nothing beats watching the fireworks from the CL lounge!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #1874
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
I don't think the food offerings are going to be comparable to what you are used too. The BC and YC are pretty similar in offerings. I think the YC has better views, and you are guaranteed a balcony. The Epcot resorts do offer hard boiled eggs in the morning which is a big plus, but overall don't compare to the MK resorts especially RPC.

I decided to skip CL at YC on our next trip. I booked a LV instead.
This is my opinion as well. For me, YC and BWI CLs just didn't come close to the MK Resorts offerings and lounge sizes, though I do wish the MK Resorts offered boiled eggs at breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowbat View Post
GF CL has the best food offerings at Disney, IMO. When we stayed SL, breakfast included a wide assortment of pastries plus yogurt, oatmeal & toppings, sliced meats & cheeses, and hard-boiled eggs. YC had a small selection of pastries, yogurt, oatmeal & toppings, and hard-boiled eggs.

For snacks, I recall SL having veggies and breadsticks in addition to the usual chips, trail mix & cookies offered at YC.

Starting at 4pm, SL offered tea and scones . They don't have that at YC. And the evening appetizers were WAY more plentiful and in a greater variety than YC.

IMO, the food offerings at the Epcot resorts are just okay. MK resorts are much better, with GF being the very best.
I agree with your post and feel the MK Resort's CL offerings are more varied and extensive.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #1875
jecon
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for your advice on the YC/BC CL. We are doing a split stay so maybe this part of the trip we will skip the CL knowing we will have it at the GF for the bulk of the trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: