Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #1771
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

I'm thinking he will love it once he gets there . But, just in case he doesn't, the 3 nights should be go fast .

From what I've read, a lot of people do WDW first and then the cruise. We are staying at a Disney resort both before and after .
That is awesome!!
Old 06-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #1772
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

We checked into YC club level today. They staff was extremely friendly. We stayed BWI club level and AKL club level before so we can compare those. We liked both of those and so far YC seems good too.

We got the gold cards. They added our UCT park tickets to the room key. We created a code for room charging. We got all of our room requests-near lounge and a daybed. The lounge is four rooms down and is close to elevator but not so close we hear much noise. It is nice. The room was clean. We always bring Lysol wipes to wipe remote and knobs etc.

The staff told us we could ask for bottled water for the parks and beer during afternoon if we wanted it.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to find answers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #1773
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
That is awesome!!
I'm very excited and can't wait for December to get here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
We checked into YC club level today. They staff was extremely friendly. We stayed BWI club level and AKL club level before so we can compare those. We liked both of those and so far YC seems good too.

We got the gold cards. They added our UCT park tickets to the room key. We created a code for room charging. We got all of our room requests-near lounge and a daybed. The lounge is four rooms down and is close to elevator but not so close we hear much noise. It is nice. The room was clean. We always bring Lysol wipes to wipe remote and knobs etc.

The staff told us we could ask for bottled water for the parks and beer during afternoon if we wanted it.

I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the YC .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #1774
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Most CL opinions posted here are highly personal. Much has to do with the CM's you happen to get, and everyone's mood that week. I've had a few service jobs myself. Sometimes a kind or rude guest affected me for hours or days. I've been to WDW enough times to say, multiple visits to the same resort can be widely variable.

IMO, The two least valuable criteria are (individual) CM experience and CL food variation between resorts. Food is pretty similar in all the resort CL's. Food is an important part of staying CL (or not) just not variation between CLs - unless you happen to know you really want something like a certain brand of beer offered at only one resort.

Each resort has pros and cons. I find the best criteria are: price points, theming, layout, and amenities you plan to use. (transportation, recreation) You kind of can't go wrong with Disney. Split stays are also another fun option.

Judging a resort based on the CM's that another guest happened to encounter months or years before your visit...probably not the best criteria.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #1775
mirage0306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by em36 View Post
It was funny but I had a couple of CM's that worked at quick service restaurants ask me why my card was yellow. I told them that they were club level cards but I felt a little funny saying that. I didn't want to seem pretentious as we are a very middle class family .
ITA w/this. Of course, we were also uncomfortable with the incredibly dedicated level of service we got at BWI--we are totally the type of people who are just like, hey, good morning, how are you, ok I'll go get my coffee now, no need to chat further

We *almost* didn't go back to CL for this upcoming trip because we felt out of place, feeling like we were the only people in there who weren't wealthy. Which I am sure is not true. But it kind of felt that way. But DH has wanted to do the Sunrise Safari for years, so we upgraded and I am sure it will be great.

2011: WDW, Wilderness Lodge | 2012: WDW, Caribbean Beach/Boardwalk Inn CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge | 2013: WDW, Polynesian CL/Animal Kingdom Lodge CL | 2013: DLR, Candy Cane Inn

Up next: CCI/GCH, August 2014

Old 06-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #1776
Twelvevman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
This is our first DCL cruise so I can't comment on the kids clubs, but I also have heard they are great and the kids like being in there more than being with mom and dad .

I agree.....cruises are a great value . My DH and I have cruised in the past (with our favorite being Alaska on Princess ), but our DSs have never cruised. My oldest is a little hesitant, so I figured a 3 night would be a good way for him to experience it (and I get to try DCL, which I've always wanted to do ). It will go fast, but it will also be enough time for him to see what it's like and form an opinion of whether or not he likes it. I just didn't want to book a 7 night and have him hate it and want off the boat after a day or two (not that that would happen, but some people just aren't into being on a ship in the middle of LOTS of water).
I can understand the desire to do a test run. Hopefully your sons will love cruising and want to go again. My 3 year old has already been on 2 cruises and can't wait to "go on a big boat again"
Old 06-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #1777
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvevman View Post
I can understand the desire to do a test run. Hopefully your sons will love cruising and want to go again. My 3 year old has already been on 2 cruises and can't wait to "go on a big boat again"
I hope so, too, because my youngest would love to cruise to Alaska (and I wouldn't mind going back ). That is so cute that your 3 yo loves it so much that he's excited to go again......looks like you have many cruises in your future .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #1778
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Okay silly question... What type of beer do they offer at the Poly club? My husband says we can only stay at club level if they have good beer. I'm desperately trying to convince him
Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #1779
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah!!! Thanks for the update. Have fun!!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #1780
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellypaige View Post
Okay silly question... What type of beer do they offer at the Poly club? My husband says we can only stay at club level if they have good beer. I'm desperately trying to convince him
I know for sure that they have Kona Long Board Lager. Not sure what other kinds they have. If your DH likes a good beer, he will love that one.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #1781
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Update: we checked in earlier. We have a standard view club room at YC and have a great view of Wishes from our balcony. It made my day. I didn't realize I would see anything from our balcony.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #1782
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Update: we checked in earlier. We have a standard view club room at YC and have a great view of Wishes from our balcony. It made my day. I didn't realize I would see anything from our balcony.
That's awesome enjoy! We had a standard view CL at BC last month and were also able to see Wishes from our balcony. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #1783
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
We didn't bring our teens on our DCL cruise last Sept but several friends did, plus some that had you get kids. They all said the kids couldn't wait to go to the clubs.. Had a lady sit next to me a show that was complaining she hadn't seen much of her child since they set foot on the ship! Lol

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013
The only time I see my kids on the ship is when it's time to eat and sleep. As my kids get older I think cruising will be our vacation of choice. We will get to take them to a lot of cool places like Alaska and Europe, but they will have kids their own age to hang out with while on the ship.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #1784
shellypaige
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post

I know for sure that they have Kona Long Board Lager. Not sure what other kinds they have. If your DH likes a good beer, he will love that one.
Thanks!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #1785
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the update and have a fantastic trip!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: