Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #1741
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post

I know! The cruise prices in September are great. Our 4 night cruise in September was only 1960 for 2 adults and 2 kids in a verandah room. I just need the hurricanes to stay away. This same cruise in July would be closer to 5000. I'll sail through a hurricane to save 3 grand.
Now you guys have me wanting to cruise!!! Lol
Old 06-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #1742
mickeymomtx
Mouseketeer

We are staying POLY CL LV for the very first time in late July. I think I will request first floor so we can go right out to beach. Planning to stay at the resort a lot. It is our 32 nd anniversary trip. 2 questions... 1. Would we really need to rent a cabana for our pool day since we will be close and have snacks from the lounge? 2. Is it true that we will have lounge privileges until midnight on our check out day? Our son will be coming down from Tallahassee and will get in the day we check out and check in off site for the weekend. Would love to watch fireworks together at the lounge if we can. Thanks for all the info!! I've learned a lot already.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #1743
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymomtx View Post
We are staying POLY CL LV for the very first time in late July. I think I will request first floor so we can go right out to beach. Planning to stay at the resort a lot. It is our 32 nd anniversary trip. 2 questions... 1. Would we really need to rent a cabana for our pool day since we will be close and have snacks from the lounge? 2. Is it true that we will have lounge privileges until midnight on our check out day? Our son will be coming down from Tallahassee and will get in the day we check out and check in off site for the weekend. Would love to watch fireworks together at the lounge if we can. Thanks for all the info!! I've learned a lot already.
Yes you get until midnight on check out day to keep access to lounge. FYI there is a bathroom on the 3rd floor of the lounge.

Your son would need to be on your reservation though to have access. You would probably only have to add him for the last day( pay the difference, if any) and get him a key. Just ask when you check in.

I just had a patio TPV room in Hawaii and it was awesome.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #1744
mickeymomtx
Mouseketeer

Thank you. I wouldn't have thought about putting my son on the Ressie. I will mention that at check in.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM   #1745
psac
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Willows909;48683933]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
The AKL lounge is nice. But I would always choose the BC CL over AKL because of the close walk to Epcot, the boat to the Studios, and Stormalong Bay. I don't mind taking buses sometimes, but I don't like to feel the bus is my only option. Plus I like night life and places to go and things to do in the evening. [/QUOTE

Thanks!
I agree you should choose more based on where you would want to stay over quality of CL. The Club levels are really all close in quality. We've had some that we liked more or less than others, but they are all fine.

We like the BW over the BC for the Epcot area, and we really liked AKL for a less-parky trip. But if you would rather stay at BC for SAB and the Epcot/HD closeness, just do it.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #1746
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Now you guys have me wanting to cruise!!! Lol
Cruising is cheaper than WDW for my family..... that is in large part do to my CL addiction.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #1747
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

I am going to drive myself crazy.....for our trip next year (August 2014) I want to either book GF Sugarloaf or Poly GV CL....

Poly GV CL would be my first choice, but....if there is going to be alot of construction as indicated by the proposed DVC...I don't want to pay all of that money to stay in a construction zone.

GF SL would give us two pools and the splash area (in the blazing heat of August).

If you were choosing between the two and given the construction issue, which would you chose???

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #1748
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cruising is cheaper than WDW for my family..... that is in large part do to my CL addiction.
Do the cruises have CL as well. I have never even looked into a WDW cruise. It sounds fantastic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I am going to drive myself crazy.....for our trip next year (August 2014) I want to either book GF Sugarloaf or Poly GV CL....

Poly GV CL would be my first choice, but....if there is going to be alot of construction as indicated by the proposed DVC...I don't want to pay all of that money to stay in a construction zone.

GF SL would give us two pools and the splash area (in the blazing heat of August).

If you were choosing between the two and given the construction issue, which would you chose???
Where is the construction again? I know I read about it somewhere. Isn't it going to be at the GF? If so, I would go with Poly.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #1749
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do the cruises have CL as well. I have never even looked into a WDW cruise. It sounds fantastic...

Where is the construction again? I know I read about it somewhere. Isn't it going to be at the GF? If so, I would go with Poly.
No, for next August, there will be no construction at GF as their DVC will be done...but Poly will be in full swing if things start on time...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #1750
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

No, for next August, there will be no construction at GF as their DVC will be done...but Poly will be in full swing if things start on time...
What are they doing at Poly? If GF is done I would shoot for that. When do they say GF will be done. Does it allow enough time for those annoying delays before Aug?
Old 06-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #1751
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What are they doing at Poly? If GF is done I would shoot for that. When do they say GF will be done. Does it allow enough time for those annoying delays before Aug?
Rumor is that DVC will start at Poly in late 2013.

GF DVC construction will be complete and open in October 2013.

I am talking about going in August 2014, so GF construction will be long gone and Poly construction would be right in the middle of it.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #1752
Twelvevman
Earning My Ears

Quote:

My 6 night AKL CL stay with park tickets this October is more expensive than my 12 night NCL cruise in an aft penthouse suite next April
Old 06-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #1753
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Actually they do. The only advantage I see to it is the lounge and a private deck. They serve breakfast, but it's nothing like the breakfast buffet that's available to all the guests. As far as food goes there is plenty of food available to all guests 24/7. The breakfast and lunch buffets are excellent. Concierge level may include beer and wine, but Disney allows you to bring alcohol on the ship. Drinks on board are very reasonable 5.00 dollars for a Mai tai or Mixed drink. They also have happy hour specials 2 for 1. Castaway Cay is pure Heaven. Have a sold you yet.

One of my coworkers is on her first Disney cruise this week. I can't wait to hear what she thought of it.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #1754
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rumor is that DVC will start at Poly in late 2013.

GF DVC construction will be complete and open in October 2013.

I am talking about going in August 2014, so GF construction will be long gone and Poly construction would be right in the middle of it.
I wouldn't risk it and would stay GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvevman View Post
My 6 night AKL CL stay with park tickets this October is more expensive than my 12 night NCL cruise in an aft penthouse suite next April
Wow!

[QUOTE=Ofinn;48707678]Actually they do. The only advantage I see to it is the lounge and a private deck. They serve breakfast, but it's nothing like the breakfast buffet that's available to all the guests. As far as food goes there is plenty of food available to all guests 24/7. The breakfast and lunch buffets are excellent. Concierge level may include beer and wine, but Disney allows you to bring alcohol on the ship. Drinks on board are very reasonable 5.00 dollars for a Mai tai or Mixed drink. They also have happy hour specials 2 for 1. Castaway Cay is pure Heaven. Have a sold you yet.

One of my coworkers is on her first Disney cruise this week. I can't wait to hear what she thought of it.[/QUOTE

That sounds great! I can't believe they let you bring alcohol?! That is great though. Yeah, I really don't see the advantage of CL when you get all the food anyway.

I might have to work on DH for that in a few years. He has never cruised and says he doesn't ever plan too...
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #1755
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelvevman View Post

Quote:
That sounds great! I can't believe they let you bring alcohol?! That is great though. Yeah, I really don't see the advantage of CL when you get all the food anyway.

I might have to work on DH for that in a few years. He has never cruised and says he doesn't ever plan too...
We are taking our first DCL cruise in December (we have cruised before, but never DCL) and I seriously considered booking CL, but it would have cost an extra $1,000 for a 3 night cruise to upgrade (we are a family of 4). As the pp mentioned, the food is awesome on cruises and is available to you 24/7, so I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra money for just a few little extras. The private deck would be nice, but I didn't see it as $1,000 nice . A lot of people think cruises are too expensive, but for what you get, it's really not. It's not only your lodging, but it's your entertainment as well as all of your food.....and the food is amazing and as much as you want whenever you want . I hope you can convince your DH to take a cruise (start with a short 3 night one), because it really is an amazing experience .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: