Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #1696
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
Is is better to be close to YC lounge or is it too noisy?
That's a pretty subjective opinion. It's just my DH & I, we want quiet. The first time we ever stayed @YC CL, we were in the room right next to the CL "prep" room. HATED IT! We were woken up at 6:30 every morning by the noise. We get up before 5 for work & look forward to sleeping on vacation. And of course, you can occasionally hear people in the halls.

Ever since then we put in a request for a "quiet room, away from housekeeping". We are usually quite a ways down the hall- last month we were in the furthest room possible. Lots of people hate to walk that far to their room, but it doesn't bother us at all. In 6 days, we heard someone in the hall once.

If you have kids & intend to let them go to the lounge on their own, you might want to be closer to the lounge. We usually just leave right from the lounge in the mornings & stop for snacks on our way back in the afternoon. So we don't do a lot of back & forth.

There is a middle ground, I just don't know how you'd request that!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #1697
west&east
DIS Veteran

Another updatr from Boardwalk Innkeepers Club. Lounge was again quiet last night about 9:30 but very few offerings, just mini pecan pies and rice crispie treats. We slept late this morning and went to lounge about 10:15. Usual fair of oatmeal, fruit and pastries. There was a bowl of hard boiled eggs as opposed to the individual plated sliced eggs we had our last several stays at BC. I was told no small bottles of water except perhaps for suites.
System was back up this morning so we got out key cards made. Miss the gold cards, now we have blue like everyone else. I was told the system was down because they are rolling out the bands for two resorts and this would happen every time they add another resort. Not sure if thats accurate.
This afternoon snacks were cookies, goldfish, trail mix stuff, chocolate covered raisins and chocolate covered almonds. They also had the home made potato chips we loved from BC but not the dip. Is that being served at BC any more? That may be a dealbreaker for returning to BWI LOL.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #1698
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Another updatr from Boardwalk Innkeepers Club. Lounge was again quiet last night about 9:30 but very few offerings, just mini pecan pies and rice crispie treats. We slept late this morning and went to lounge about 10:15. Usual fair of oatmeal, fruit and pastries. There was a bowl of hard boiled eggs as opposed to the individual plated sliced eggs we had our last several stays at BC. I was told no small bottles of water except perhaps for suites.
System was back up this morning so we got out key cards made. Miss the gold cards, now we have blue like everyone else. I was told the system was down because they are rolling out the bands for two resorts and this would happen every time they add another resort. Not sure if thats accurate.
This afternoon snacks were cookies, goldfish, trail mix stuff, chocolate covered raisins and chocolate covered almonds. They also had the home made potato chips we loved from BC but not the dip. Is that being served at BC any more? That may be a dealbreaker for returning to BWI LOL.

All of Disney computers were down including online. There were no gold keys at the YC last month. I was told the batch they had were bad and had to use the blue keys. Made no difference to me, it opened all the right doors!

Not much in the way of desserts at the YC either. Looking forward to trying the BC in December. We just returned from Disneyland and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel on the Club Level and had a great time.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #1699
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
All of Disney computers were down including online. There were no gold keys at the YC last month. I was told the batch they had were bad and had to use the blue keys. Made no difference to me, it opened all the right doors!

Not much in the way of desserts at the YC either. Looking forward to trying the BC in December. We just returned from Disneyland and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel on the Club Level and had a great time.
That's wierd! We had the gold keys at YC the last week of April.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #1700
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
What do you mean no bottles of water? I'm starting to get a little nervous about trying CL. Paying all that extra money and you can't even get a bottle of water unless you're in a suite?

Old 06-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #1701
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

I've stayed CL at Poly, CR, BC and GF and they didn't have the plastic bottles they had big glass bottles you can ask for to take to your room..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #1702
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
What do you mean no bottles of water? I'm starting to get a little nervous about trying CL. Paying all that extra money and you can't even get a bottle of water unless you're in a suite?
It's not that you can't get a bottle of water - they'll give you a large bottle of water to take to your room. They don't generally give the individual size plastic bottles, because people were taking more than they could use & then leaving them in their room fridge when they checked out. I guess the resort couldn't reuse them once they were taken out of the lounge.

You can bring some empty bottles to fill up for taking to the park if you want. (And sometimes you might get lucky if you explain you'd just like a few individual bottles.)

Good Luck and have a great stay.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #1703
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
I've stayed CL at Poly, CR, BC and GF and they didn't have the plastic bottles they had big glass bottles you can ask for to take to your room..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
It's not that you can't get a bottle of water - they'll give you a large bottle of water to take to your room. They don't generally give the individual size plastic bottles, because people were taking more than they could use & then leaving them in their room fridge when they checked out. I guess the resort couldn't reuse them once they were taken out of the lounge.

You can bring some empty bottles to fill up for taking to the park if you want. (And sometimes you might get lucky if you explain you'd just like a few individual bottles.)

Good Luck and have a great stay.
We actually got 20 oz plastic bottles of water to go at YC CL in April. It seems only some resorts offer this for some reason, but we really appreciated it!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #1704
KerryCM
DIS Veteran

Location: Murfreesboro, TN now, but will always be a MA girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
That's wierd! We had the gold keys at YC the last week of April.

We were there May 14 to the 21 st an had blue cards.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #1705
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
We were there May 14 to the 21 st an had blue cards.
Hmm, we checked into YC CL May 13 & had the gold cards. They worked fine too.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #1706
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
We actually got 20 oz plastic bottles of water to go at YC CL in April. It seems only some resorts offer this for some reason, but we really appreciated it!
It seems like just BC and YC. Maybe they just bottle all the water from Stormalong Bay.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 06-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #1707
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We stayed at the YC in May and did not get gold keys either. We checked in on the 9th. BC CL has the same food as YC. I'm glad I am not much of dessert person or I would really be disappointed.

Since the Club level at BWI doesn't seem to be much different than YC. I switched back to YC today. Why pay a 100.00 dollars more and have a lesser pool. I love the BWI, but it's so hard to give up SAB.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #1708
em36
Mouseketeer

I am at YC now and we have gold cards.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #1709
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by em36 View Post
I am at YC now and we have gold cards.
That's good to know. I missed getting my gold cards last time, but I didn't want to ask the CM's. I felt kind of silly asking about it. I keep all of our room keys. I have no idea why, but I do.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #1710
em36
Mouseketeer

It was funny but I had a couple of CM's that worked at quick service restaurants ask me why my card was yellow. I told them that they were club level cards but I felt a little funny saying that. I didn't want to seem pretentious as we are a very middle class family .
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: