Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #1681
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolPool View Post
Officially fallen into the nut bowl. For a few weeks I've been thinking what a waste it was that our vacation only started on a Monday...but our room type wasn't available for the Sunday night before at BC. So tonight I decided to think outside the box and book BWI CL for Sunday night and get the fun going early. How hard can it be to wheel our stuff over to BC on Monday....not very...and it will give us exercise too. So it's a healthy choice. Also I know the summer discount is ending and I wanted to book before it was gone. See you on the Boardwalk!

We are doing BW CL, BC w/dining and CR CL. I think I like the first 3 letters of the alphabet this trip!
LOL
I love the way you think!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #1682
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Obsessed View Post
Thanks for the advice guys/gals. We will be in the Sugarloaf CL. How much does it differ from the main CL building?
By a lot of $$$$$$.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #1683
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys/gals. We will be in the Sugarloaf CL. How much does it differ from the main CL building?
The space of the lounge is the main difference. It is the most boring of all club lounges.

However the location of the building is great. Out one door and pool and hot tub is right there. Out the other side is the marina. It is close to buses, boat and main building so very convenient.

Dd17 and I were only there one night but loved it

The GF rooms are so pretty we took food up to our room and ate on our patio. One side is all marina view the other is pool and gardens so you can't go wrong.

You can take food and drink from lounge outside, just have to use paper/plastic.

The afternoon offerings at GF are the best!!! Scones and cream, strawberry trifle..... Oooohhh the memories
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #1684
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
One of the biggest differences to me is the price. Main building (RPC) is quite a bit more than SL. The locations are different and as the pp stated, the size of the lounges is different. RPC is quite a bit larger and is spread out with a lot of seating. The SL lounge is located right inside the lobby of the SL building and it's pretty small (IMO) with not enough seating to accommodate the number of guests that stay there. But I will say that SL is very convenient to the courtyard pool, so if you will be spending a lot of time at that pool, the lounge is very convenient for grabbing snacks and drinks. Also, as trishadono said, the room views are pretty as you get either a view of the courtyard pool or the marina, which is relaxing when sitting on the balcony.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #1685
wyurm
Mouseketeer

I will be arriving at about 6am. I'm well aware that my room will not be ready until the standard check-in time. However, I want to get my tickets and I have an ADR for Ohana at 7:30.

Will I have to wait till 7:00 to check-in and if so would it be fast enough to make my ADR? Or should I re-schedule?

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm staying club level at the Poly
Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #1686
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think it's fair to call Sugarloaf boring. No view like Poly, but it's very nice. The Main building CL at GF has a view of the lobby with live music. Several other CL lounges don't have views; most that do are lobby. Sugarloaf is quieter. The food offerings are almost identical. I had the opportunity to compare one evening, Main building had one extra appetizer, but smaller serving trays.

We've stayed at all CL except WL, and I'd say food-wise GF has a slight edge over all the rest. In a nutshell: slightly better cut fruit (as in a tiny 1/2cup of berries per fruit tray for all guests to share, a few red grapes), 3 asparagus per veggie tray, plain yogurt, sliced deli turkey at breakfast, and brioche 2 of 7 days. All CL have a 24hour fruit basket of whole apples/oranges/bananas; GF adds pears.

The other difference is location. Outer building is closer to the convention center, self-park car lot, GF QS. Main is closer to: monorail, musicians, main building TS, shops. They are both about the same to the pools, bus stop, Narcoosees, boat shuttle.

Also, I suppose it's a matter of preference. It depends if each CL is fully booked, and your timing. Some lounges get full during peak times, but they are also more cozy, intimate, personal. In that sense, I find they can be more relaxing. We found the biggest lounge- Poly - to be very loud. The GF musicians are excellent, but they are not quiet, especially from the vantage point of the lounge.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 06-12-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #1687
west&east
DIS Veteran

Just checked in to BWI CL. Poor Pete is stressed- apparently the entire computer system is down throughout Disney. We have temp keys, not gold, no names, cant charge. He said every resort is affected and it impacts those with dining plan who have to save receipts...
Lounge was quiet at about 5:30. Dumplings and some puff thing along with couscous salad and smoked salmon and pbj rollups and a few other items. DH enjoyed the wine and we were quickly given a large bottle of Evian for the room.
Room seems nice and fresh. Bedding is two white sheets on either side of what looks like a fleece blanket rather than a duvet. We have a daybed and there is a pack and play in the closet which we dont need as our kids are grown. Bath ameniites seem standard but maybe just the packaging changed. It is H20 shower gel, lotion, shampoo and comditioner but no solar relief gel as we always had at BC CL.
I like the shelving surroundng the tv cabinet.
Our room is overlooking thr quiet pool. We always got upgraded to a lagoon view at BC so that is also a bit disappointng but not a big deal as we are only here 2 nights before we head to Waldorf Astoria for 3 nights. That will be interesting...

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 06-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #1688
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

LOL I know the SL CL is cheaper. I do like the location, just was hoping the don't differ as far as food and drinks. Can I request certain liquor such as scotch/whiskey's?? I don't mind what's offered, but would prefer a single malt. :P
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #1689
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they have sparkling water in CL? I'm not picky, it can be mineral or plain club soda. We are staying at Poly and BC.
TIA!

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #1690
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Does anyone know if they have sparkling water in CL? I'm not picky, it can be mineral or plain club soda. We are staying at Poly and BC.
TIA!
We stayed at BC last month and I did not see any in their lounge.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #1691
HelenParr
DIS Veteran

We have seen Perrier at both YC and BC lounge. It goes quickly, but you can ask for more.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #1692
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
When you stay CL do you usually book a TS for lunch and then just have a light dinner? I know the snacks from 5-7 don't take place of dinner but after snacking on the veggies and maybe a hot app or two I'm never in the mood for dinner afterwards.
Neither are we! We made lunch our main meal and if anyone is hungry after evening CL offerings it's usually just for a snack. We have only 3 ADRs and that works perfectly for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd View Post
Yes, that's what we do. If we have a big lunch, we're generally good with the CL food for dinner. My boys might get a QS meal to split later in the night, or snack, but (and apparently I'm in the minority here ), we find the CL evening offerings to be plenty for us for dinner.

Also, since we travel in August, I like to get out of the heat in the middle of the day, so TS lunches work best for us.
Maybe we are in the minority but I'll take it!. We love, love, love WL/CL and most evenings we are one if a very few families enjoying a light evening meal with a glass if wine ( and a delightfully quite meal at that).
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #1693
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Just checked in to BWI CL. Poor Pete is stressed- apparently the entire computer system is down throughout Disney. We have temp keys, not gold, no names, cant charge. He said every resort is affected and it impacts those with dining plan who have to save receipts...
Lounge was quiet at about 5:30. Dumplings and some puff thing along with couscous salad and smoked salmon and pbj rollups and a few other items. DH enjoyed the wine and we were quickly given a large bottle of Evian for the room.
Room seems nice and fresh. Bedding is two white sheets on either side of what looks like a fleece blanket rather than a duvet. We have a daybed and there is a pack and play in the closet which we dont need as our kids are grown. Bath ameniites seem standard but maybe just the packaging changed. It is H20 shower gel, lotion, shampoo and comditioner but no solar relief gel as we always had at BC CL.
Our room is overlooking thr quiet pool. We always got upgraded to a lagoon view at BC so that is also a bit disappointng but not a big deal as we are only here 2 nights before we head to Waldorf Astoria for 3 nights. That will be interesting...
Thanks for your update! I hope they get the computer system going soon
Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 AM   #1694
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

Is is better to be close to YC lounge or is it too noisy?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #1695
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post

Hope the computer problems are fixed now.

The lounge was quiet at 5:30? That's nice.

Did you put in a request for a specific view?

Enjoy your trip and I hope we get to hear more.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: