Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1651
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi, you are going to love bc CL. For breakfast they had hard boiled eggs, croissants, bagels & cream cheese, Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, bananas, oranges, apples, yogurt, oatmeal with a toppings bar w raisins, craisins, brown sugar, & almonds, pastries, sweet bread & muffins (which flavor changes daily) they also had cereals, juice, milk, coffee & tea. Some mornings we ate in the lounge. Other mornings we took trays (like try have in CS) back to our room.
Breakfast offerings at all CL are pretty similar in my experience. The first few posts of this thread will give you a pretty good idea of what is offered.

The only one I'd say was slightly different was GF. They had a few key extras the others don't. Not all CL have hard boiled eggs. They vary slightly in the kind of fruits offered, and they vary slightly in the kind of breads/pastries they offer, but they are all similar.

Like I would not count on being offered watermelon. They will probably have some kind of melon. All CL have whole apples/oranges, sometimes bananas are in short supply, sometimes whole pears are offered.

I've stayed at CR at least five times over the past four years. The food offerings have changed over time, and based around what is available to the chef. My experience this past spring offered lots of evidence that property-wide, food quality was on the upswing!

I also think it's kind of funny that TS meal my extended family liked least was at BOG. Mainly my extended family didn't love it because we had a long wait to get seated. By the time we were seated, everyone was getting over-hungry. The food and service were fine. I think some of the preferences people have for one resort or another are maybe based on things like the personality of the CM that checks them in. The first CM you meet can put you in a good mood all week. At least that's how it works for me.

All that said, I think you have to try each resort for yourself to know what you like. I visited CR at least 20 times to eat before I ever stayed there. I never dreamed it would someday be my favorite resort!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #1652
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
When you stay CL do you usually book a TS for lunch and then just have a light dinner? I know the snacks from 5-7 don't take place of dinner but after snacking on the veggies and maybe a hot app or two I'm never in the mood for dinner afterwards.
I think it might depend on what time of year you visit. We go in the summer and eating a big sit down meal after appetizers in the lounge is too much food. We will grab a CS lunch and have a snack later in the evening if we get hungry.

Last year we paid for the QS dining plan and had 10 QS meals and 7 snacks left at the end of our trip. We had to get some sandwiches to take on the plane with us because we paid for them and I wasn't leaving a credit behind. It was just too much food. We felt full most of the time.

This year we aren't getting the dining plan.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #1653
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When you stay CL do you usually book a TS for lunch and then just have a light dinner? I know the snacks from 5-7 don't take place of dinner but after snacking on the veggies and maybe a hot app or two I'm never in the mood for dinner afterwards.
Yes, that's what we do. If we have a big lunch, we're generally good with the CL food for dinner. My boys might get a QS meal to split later in the night, or snack, but (and apparently I'm in the minority here ), we find the CL evening offerings to be plenty for us for dinner.

Also, since we travel in August, I like to get out of the heat in the middle of the day, so TS lunches work best for us.
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 06-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #1654
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's exactly what we usually do. We may schedule one dinner ADR but mostly go for a nice TS lunch which gives us an appreciated break in the day. I find the offerings at BWI CL to be quite substantial--both breakfast and appetizers in the late afternoon. Oh, and occasionally we'll have a late breakfast at Kouzzina--their breakfasts are best on property.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #1655
Hollymom1229
Art's Girl
I ran, I hid, I laid low, and yet somehow they found me
YEAH TERPS!!!

So excited, tomorrow is our 180 day mark. I can't waiti to see if IPO gets us everything that we asked for. I will still get up at 7 AM to try and secure a Chef's Table ressie at V&A's in case they don't get it. Figure it can't hurt to have two people trying.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #1656
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh View Post
You are right, the hot appetizers leave a lot to be desired. It's always some sort of triangle shaped fried thing with something inside. Only once a week did we get chicken skewers or scallops. I always tell people if you book CL don't do it for the food. You'll be super disappointed.
Well for the most part we do book it for the food. We eat dinner late after 8pm so we really enjoy the appetizers, beer and wine. We normally work out in the gym from 3-5 and then head to the pool after our 5pm snack. It really works well with our routine. The convenient breakfast is great for getting to rope drop. I guess the food is important to us that was probably why I have been disappointed in YC.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #1657
Dominion
Mouseketeer

I sent my ADR requests into the Poly IPO late last week and today is my 180 days. I also followed up with a phone call to give them my credit card number. I haven't gotten anything back yet and I've read that people often get their itinerary really early, like before 8am. Should I be worried that they're not doing them for some reason or is it not that unusual to get something back later in the day?? I don't want to regret not doing them myself!!
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #1658
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
I sent my ADR requests into the Poly IPO late last week and today is my 180 days. I also followed up with a phone call to give them my credit card number. I haven't gotten anything back yet and I've read that people often get their itinerary really early, like before 8am. Should I be worried that they're not doing them for some reason or is it not that unusual to get something back later in the day?? I don't want to regret not doing them myself!!
I didn't get an email from them until later but I hot everything. I checked my cc and saw there were charges and knew they were working on them (I was concerned too.) As long as they confirmed they got your requests and cc I wouldnt worry.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #1659
WDW Obsessed
Mouseketeer

Looking for a few tips(and yes I did read the first two pages). Last night my wife booked us a week at the GF CL. This is the first time we have ever stayed at CL. I keep reading about contacting the IPO to make reservations for dining and other additional activities. My concern is everyone says do it all before the 180 day mark......since we just booked last night, we are only a month away from going. Will I still be able to book diner reservations? What are the "TO DO's" while staying at the GF CL!!??

TIA!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #1660
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
Well for the most part we do book it for the food. We eat dinner late after 8pm so we really enjoy the appetizers, beer and wine. We normally work out in the gym from 3-5 and then head to the pool after our 5pm snack. It really works well with our routine. The convenient breakfast is great for getting to rope drop. I guess the food is important to us that was probably why I have been disappointed in YC.
i agree. the food is a big reason we book cl and i was a little disappointed in BC for that reason.

2015October 8 days poly cl tpv March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 4 days GF RPC Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #1661
sarmat1
Mouseketeer

Not to sound like a lush, but can you get alcohol at any time? I know beer/wine are put out at a certain time (maybe late afternoon?), but can you ask the CM's for wine earlier, for example to take down to SAB? Also, how about the cordials put out with desserts - can you get them earlier? Staying at YC if it makes a difference which CL.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #1662
Dominion
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmom12 View Post
I didn't get an email from them until later but I hot everything. I checked my cc and saw there were charges and knew they were working on them (I was concerned too.) As long as they confirmed they got your requests and cc I wouldn't worry.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I checked the credit card and saw that they were working on them and had already booked the charge for CRT. So I could stop stressing except when I saw that charge for 10 people to eat there. After I took the kiddos to school, I checked MDE online and the reservations are all there as well.

So worth it to use the IPO!!
Offsite 2003
Poly CL December 2013 - First family trip!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1663
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Obsessed View Post
Looking for a few tips(and yes I did read the first two pages). Last night my wife booked us a week at the GF CL. This is the first time we have ever stayed at CL. I keep reading about contacting the IPO to make reservations for dining and other additional activities. My concern is everyone says do it all before the 180 day mark......since we just booked last night, we are only a month away from going. Will I still be able to book diner reservations? What are the "TO DO's" while staying at the GF CL!!??

TIA!
Yes, you can still book ADRs, but you may have to be flexible with your restaurants/times if you want any of the more popular places (although that's not to say you won't be able to get what you want).

The GF has two club levels, Royal Palm Club (RPC) which is in the main building; and Sugarloaf (SL), which is outer building CL. Which one are you staying? If you are staying RPC, it's nice to sit in the lounge listening to the band play in the lobby below. I also like heading to the lounge early in the morning and have my coffee while looking out at the courtyard pool watching the resort "wake up".

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1664
francie
Mouseketeer

CL rooms

hi, for anyone who's stay on bwi club level, do the rooms still have the "newly refurbished" look? I know it's been a few years now since they've been done. tia
Old 06-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #1665
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I agree. We stay CL more for the lounge and having a nice place to relax other than in our room or other places around the resort. The food offerings are nice, but that's not the reason we stay CL. Plus we grab a snack/drink more often than eat a lot of the hot items offered during the 5-7 time frame.

The cookies are probably my favorite thing about the CL offerings .
That is the #1 reason we do it! It is so nice to send my boys down there to have a snack and get them out of my hair! We are use to living in a house where everyone has their own room and their own zone to relax in, so when we are cramped up in a hotel room I start to feel insane after the first day! The lounge is like having a suite, but even better because I don't even have to hear them.

Quote:
TigrL. I really enjoyed your live trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I'm so glad that you guys got to experience the illuminations cruise!
Thanks! We had so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
I have a quick question, we are staying CL for the first time in August, just booked a week ago. So, my question is, can the CL staff help in getting ADRs that are show no availability online? I didn't know if they had any special access to availability. Thanks!
They don't have special availability but they will keep checking. I was just talking to the Poly IPO yesterday about BOG and I'm on their "keep checking" list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I agree! I felt like I was right there along with you guys! The birthday surprise for your DS was priceless!
I'm still in shock about that surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
I agree! A CL stay is way cheaper than a suite or villa. I have a small child and we request a room very close to the club. That way I can put her down for a nap or the night and we can play cards and relax in the club while watching her on the monitor. It gives us a lot more space and we don't have to hide in the bathroom while she is going to sleep. (Priceless)
So true!!!!!! I remember trips where I would sit in the bathroom on my laptop during nap time. No fun at all!
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: