Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #1621
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Hi, we stayed at BC CL in May, and we absolutely loved it!!! The CMs were all so nice, they gave us bottles of water in the morning and afternoon to take to the parks and pool. Breakfast was great and the evening apps were also very nice. Yes the lounge wasn't huge but I saw it as cozy and warm. One time I had to wait 2 or 3 mins to grab coffee but otherwise never had a problem getting a drink or food. We are booked again BC CL for 10 nights in sept and I can't wait to be back. Another thing that impressed me so much was that one night I asked a CM if it was ok of I brought back some milk, OJ & water to my room for my kids. The CM said wait right here.... He brought me back a 1/2 gallon of milk, a 1/2 gallon of OJ and a six pack of small dasani water bottles. I can not say enough good things about the Beach Club Club Level. (Keep in mind I have never stayed poly or GF so I can't it compare to those).
Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #1622
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post

I totally agree with the pricing seasons!!! My June trip, which used to be considered "peak" was cheaper than my October trip. What the?
That is crazy!!!! With a lot of kids out in June you would think it would be more$$!?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #1623
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
That is crazy!!!! With a lot of kids out in June you would think it would be more$$!?
It used to be! Now it is cheaper than October.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:48 AM   #1624
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

We are staying BC CL on our next trip and I was just wondering if someone could give me some examples of what foods they have for breakfast. Also, are we allowed to take something back to our room for the rest of our party that is getting ready or do we all have to be in the lounge to eat? There are 5 of us and my dh and my teenage dd are slow movers in the morning and usually me and my dses will go eat and they will either meet us or we will bring something back for them. I don't want to do that if its against the rules though.

Thanks for any info, and sorry if this has been asked a million times before
Old 06-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #1625
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
We are staying BC CL on our next trip and I was just wondering if someone could give me some examples of what foods they have for breakfast. Also, are we allowed to take something back to our room for the rest of our party that is getting ready or do we all have to be in the lounge to eat? There are 5 of us and my dh and my teenage dd are slow movers in the morning and usually me and my dses will go eat and they will either meet us or we will bring something back for them. I don't want to do that if its against the rules though.

I can't comment on the food offerings at the BC as we've never stayed CL there, but I do know you can take food back to your room . Sometimes the CL lounges can get pretty crowded (especially in the morning) so a lot of people grab stuff from the lounge and head back to their room and eat while getting ready.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #1626
wdwfan
Sometimes I prefer to keep my own council

We have stayed Yacht Club Club level 2x's so far and we'll be going back for a 3rd time in August. I can't wait!! We love, love, love the Yacht Club! We love the Yacht Club for it's location, which can not be beat, nestled between 2 parks. We love Stormalong Bay, and we love the look and feel of the Yacht Club. It's quiet, yet very Disney.

We have had great experiences at YC Cl. The morning offerings are the usual continental breakfast type of things, with the addition of hard boiled eggs. The rest of the day there are snacks and drinks available. The evening appetizers range a little, but seem to hover around the typical crab rangoon, which I happen to love,, along with scallops, and some type of skewer thing. (I'm sorry, I can't remember all the offerings) But I don't think that Club Level food offerings can take the place of a meal, unless you eat your big meal mid day and are just looking for some lighter fare. We think of them as appetizers to our dinner which we always have later in the evening around 8pm. I can't wait to get back to the Yacht Club again!!
2001-Boardwalk;2002-Beach Club Villas & Dolphin;2003-Yacht Club Concierge & Portofino Bay;2004-Boardwalk Concierge Deluxe & Portofino Bay;2005-BWV;2005-Boardwalk Concierge & CSR;2006-Wilderness Lodge;2006-Animal Kingdom Lodge;2007-Beach Club;2007-Beach Club Villas and the Wonder
Oct. 31-Nov. 7, 2009- Western Caribbean on the Magic August 2010 Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level;
Yacht Club - Club Level Sept. 2012; Yacht Club - Club Level Aug. 2013 ; Aug. 2014 Yacht Club-Club Level/Portofino Bay Resort Disney's Dream July1, 2015

Old 06-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #1627
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi, you are going to love bc CL. For breakfast they had hard boiled eggs, croissants, bagels & cream cheese, Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, bananas, oranges, apples, yogurt, oatmeal with a toppings bar w raisins, craisins, brown sugar, & almonds, pastries, sweet bread & muffins (which flavor changes daily) they also had cereals, juice, milk, coffee & tea. Some mornings we ate in the lounge. Other mornings we took trays (like try have in CS) back to our room.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #1628
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I can't comment on the food offerings at the BC as we've never stayed CL there, but I do know you can take food back to your room . Sometimes the CL lounges can get pretty crowded (especially in the morning) so a lot of people grab stuff from the lounge and head back to their room and eat while getting ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imobsessedwithdisney View Post
Hi, you are going to love bc CL. For breakfast they had hard boiled eggs, croissants, bagels & cream cheese, Watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, bananas, oranges, apples, yogurt, oatmeal with a toppings bar w raisins, craisins, brown sugar, & almonds, pastries, sweet bread & muffins (which flavor changes daily) they also had cereals, juice, milk, coffee & tea. Some mornings we ate in the lounge. Other mornings we took trays (like try have in CS) back to our room.
Thanks for the info you guys.
That is a ton of choices, I wasn't expecting there to be so many. I usually buy some breakfast foods (like muffins & juice) to keep in our room but the offerings are exactly what we would eat anyway so there will be no need. Its also nice to know that my non early birds can sleep in and I can bring them something to eat too!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #1629
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is a ton of choices, I wasn't expecting there to be so many. I usually buy some breakfast foods (like muffins & juice) to keep in our room but the offerings are exactly what we would eat anyway so there will be no need. Its also nice to know that my non early birds can sleep in and I can bring them something to eat too!
You're welcome......have a great trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #1630
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Anytime! Have an awesome time!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #1631
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

I've always found the best things about CL to be the breakfast offerings....and the evening wine!
Old 06-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #1632
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone...talked with hubby and even though I have read that the POLY pools are very crowded in July, he wants to stay there anyways and we think with CL we should be happy. Question about CL stays though....Does Disney have a certain number of CL reservations as to keep the lounge not too crowded? I mean we certainly pay for the opportunity to enjoy the lounge..... Thanks for your input everyone!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #1633
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willows909 View Post
Hello everyone...talked with hubby and even though I have read that the POLY pools are very crowded in July, he wants to stay there anyways and we think with CL we should be happy. Question about CL stays though....Does Disney have a certain number of CL reservations as to keep the lounge not too crowded? I mean we certainly pay for the opportunity to enjoy the lounge..... Thanks for your input everyone!
The limit to CL reservations = how many rooms are in the Hawaii building (and the few suites in the other CL building). But that's how it works at all resorts. There are x number of CL rooms and only those people can use the lounge. There is no option for those in standard rooms to pay to use the lounge,, if that's what you were thinking. Lounges are crowded at breakfast times, sometimes during the dinner hours service. The rest of the time, they are not crowded at all in my experience. And the Poly has a pretty large lounge with 2 floors.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 06-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #1634
Willows909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
The limit to CL reservations = how many rooms are in the Hawaii building (and the few suites in the other CL building). But that's how it works at all resorts. There are x number of CL rooms and only those people can use the lounge. There is no option for those in standard rooms to pay to use the lounge,, if that's what you were thinking. Lounges are crowded at breakfast times, sometimes during the dinner hours service. The rest of the time, they are not crowded at all in my experience. And the Poly has a pretty large lounge with 2 floors.
Thank you!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #1635
TigrLvsPooh
Disney's Ultimate Fan, and our very own Travel Channel television star!!!
Anthony's Girl
Got my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
How did the food offerings at BW compare to YC? The Poly and WL have such good offerings and lots of variety. At YC it seemed there was some kind of fried dumpling with crab inside every night.
I thought the food offerings at the BWI CL were the worst we had. It seemed like they rarely kept things refreshed fast enough, most of the time we went down there in January there wasn't much to eat and what they did have was on tiny plates that quickly disappeared... and I don't like that drink tub because they weren't as cold or well stocked as the YC fridge. But YC CL food is pretty much the same stuff, but they do have a few things we like better (scallops for example). Honestly though, I wouldn't book either CL based on food. For me it's more the ease of morning coffee and a roll, then afternoon pop and a cookie, then a glass of wine at night. That's about all I get out of it. My kids are happy as long as they get cookies and coke.
My WDW Resort stays: Grand Floridian 2012, 2003, 2001, 1994 * Polynesian 2013, 2011, 2008, 2008, 2005, 2003 * Contemporary 2014, 2008 * Bay Lake Tower 2013 *Boardwalk 2014, 2013, 2006, 2004 * Wilderness Cabin 1998 * Dixie Landings 1999 * All Star Music 2001 * Caribbean Beach Resort 2012, 2002 * Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2006, 2005 * Old Key West 2009, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002 * Yacht Club 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2002 * Beach Club 2014, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003 * Swan 2006, 2005, 2003 * Pop Century 2014, 2013, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004 * Art of Animation 2014 * Wilderness Lodge 2014, 2011, 2004, 2003 * Saratoga Springs 2007 * Port Orleans French Quarter 2014, 2013, 2004 * Coronado Spring 2014 *
Live from the WL CL for Christmas!!! Come join the fun: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52762897
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: