Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #1561
Miss Potts
Mouseketeer

I never thought about using the mugs for drink from the lounge! Duh!!! I love disboards... Always teaching me something!

Read my PTR:
The Adventures of Miss Potts - PTR Fall 2013

1987 Hilton / 1989 FW / 1991 CBR / 1993 BC / 1995 WL / 1997 Poly / 1998 BWI / 2001 BC / 2005 Poly CL / May 2005 WL CL / Dec 2005 WL CL / August 2006 WL / Jan 2007 Poly CL/Contemporary CL / 2008 WL / Jan 2009 Poly CL / Oct/Nov 2010 AKL (Engaged!) / Oct 2011 DCL Magic (Honeymoon!) / Oct 2012 OKW/BLT / Feb 2013 WL Club / Sept/Oct 2013 Poly CL
Old 06-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #1562
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
The CLs at the YC/BC do lack what the others have.

Only the AKL CL, in my opinion, rates lower, and that is because the CL rooms are 2 floors BELOW the lounge. Really? I was there for the grand opening of the AKL lounge, and for the first 3 years. Stayed there at least 12 times, in all levels of CL rooms and suites.
The deluxe rooms, which were on the 5th floor and ONE floor below, and the true CL rooms were taken away from the CL guests and turned in DVC. Sad move from Disney. They could have kept those for the CL guest, IMO. They had many more food options, every night they had a different chef from Jiko's or Boma preparing a special hot dish.
I write this from doing tons of research for a major Disney publication until my cancer. But, take what I write with a grain of salt.

Have a magical day everyone.
I have read that about CL at BC/YC, which always makes me decide against trying either one. I know everyone's opinion is different and no one will know if a particular CL is for them until they try it for themselves, but it's hard to bite the bullet when reading things like that, especially when rates are getting so crazy .

AKL CL is another CL we want to try, but what you posted is what keeps me from going there, too . We've stayed pool view and savanna view and love the resort, but having the lounge on a different floor (which can be quite a hike to the lounge) isn't too appealing. But AKL CL does get rave reviews. I agree with you that Disney messed up with converting CL rooms to DVC on the CL floor.

Quote:
mickeynut1~ I do love reading your posts. You offer some of the best advice on all of these threads.
Awww that is so sweet of you to say.....thank you so much . I'm not an expert by any means, but I try to (and hope I do) help others with my experiences.

Question for you about the deluxe queen rooms you posted about above. Do those accommodate 4 people? There are only 4 of us and we do fine in a regular room, but more space is always nice . I've never considered them because I thought they only accommodated 3.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #1563
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

The deluxe QUEEN rooms in the RPC accommodate 4 people. It's the Deluxe KING RPCs that only accomodate 3.

And as for the AKL CL, yes I know the suites are located on the end of the "fingers", that is the choice of those that book. But, I am talking about regular CLers.
And......these deluxe rooms on the 5th floor also were large enough for FIVE.
This put the AKL CL on the same playing field as RPC and the Poly, at that time.

Thought I would expand on that as alot of DISers do not remember the original floor plan of CL at AKL.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #1564
lomillerin
DIS Veteran

We are headed to YC Club level on June 18th and reading some of the posts about it not being as good as others concerns me. Anyone with positive remarks? We have stayed at BWI club level and loved it but wanted to try something different. We also thought the pool looked nice.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #1565
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomillerin View Post
We are headed to YC Club level on June 18th and reading some of the posts about it not being as good as others concerns me. Anyone with positive remarks? We have stayed at BWI club level and loved it but wanted to try something different. We also thought the pool looked nice.
Check out the BC/YC thread, there are lots of fans on there:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3108911

Old 06-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1566
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Another hypothetical CL question: If you had to choose between BWI CL (which we love) and Poly CL (we love Poly, but have not stayed CL there yet), which would you choose and why?
I have only stayed at Poly CL so I'm biased but the view from the lounge makes it a clear winner! It's more expensive though and if your family doesn't like the different food offerings, it may not seem like as good of a value. Since you love the poly though I'm sure you would only love the lounge that much more. Wishes piped in and a straight on view of the castle, how could you not love it??

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

Old 06-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #1567
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The deluxe QUEEN rooms in the RPC accommodate 4 people. It's the Deluxe KING RPCs that only accomodate 3.
Thanks for clarifying .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 06-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #1568
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

One of the first rules of rating a concierge or a club level, is the we had to simply look at the club level ITSELF. NOT he resort.
That can be very difficult.
For example, we looked at the service level from the CMs, food service from all aspects, IPO services, lounge ratings-this entails all kinds of different levels of ratings, and last but not least rooms, which entails the location, ie, floor location, building location, room size and layout, mousekeeping, etc.

We could not rate the CLs for resort amenties, only the CL amenties and services.

That's where people get confused when they ask for opinions on the CLs.
And there are some not so great CLs that are in some great resorts.
That is why people give them rave reviews.

There should be a happy medium and take into consideration the CL as well as the resort. It's your decision as it's your vacation.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 06-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #1569
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

Mickeynut I think Poly is much better than WL. Now is it 75.00-100 dollars a night better? Hmm. I used to think so, but I'm not so sure anymore.

My kids prefer cruising(the ultimate club level) over WDW. Our last 4 trips to WDW have been combined with a cruise. If cost was not a factor I would be at Poly CL every trip. I have found WL to be a nice compromise.

Lulu's mom Thanks for the imput on AKL. I picked it because it is the cheapest club level. The other club levels are out of the budget for this trip. I'm going to give it a try. I'll let you know what I think. We are staying at BW cl after the cruise.

Last edited by Ofinn; 06-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #1570
BringingUpDisney
DIS Veteran

180 days and ...

Today is our 180 days and I got our list of ADR requests in a week ago. So far nothing today. We have no ADRs attached to our reservation and no contact from the IPO - is this typical? I had the impression that they usually get right on it...

me miss J my little princess (2)
Old 06-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #1571
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Today is our 180 days and I got our list of ADR requests in a week ago. So far nothing today. We have no ADRs attached to our reservation and no contact from the IPO - is this typical? I had the impression that they usually get right on it...
You might want to give them a call and check.

TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ginny
Old 06-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #1572
mickeymomtx
Mouseketeer

What is a gold key? We are staying Poly CL NEXT month!! Never done the CL thing before. Trying to learn all I can. We are planning to spend extra time at the resort, if I can calm my inner commando.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #1573
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
Has anyone stayed in a deluxe room at the BC? I requested a full balcony but I was wondering if I should instead request a room closest to the lounge since I know the rooms are not on the 5th floor. I just don't want the walk from the room to the lounge is a hike! Or are they pretty much spaced out evenly?
We stayed in a Deluxe Room at BC when he had 5 in our group and really appreciated the extra floor space. Our room was on the 4th floor and overlooked the quiet pool. We had a tremendous balcony and could see some of Illuminations. We didn't think the trek to the lounge was a huge factor but that is a personal preference. The first night when we asked for water for the room up at the lounge, somebody actually brought it down to the room for us.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #1574
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringingUpDisney View Post
Same thing happened to me last week. I kept checking my email from work & nothing. I was sooo upset. Got online as soon as I got home & made a BOG ADR. I was shocked late that night when I checked an old email account to clear it out.

There was the email from YC IPO, sent at 6:30 that morning!! All my reservation info, confirmations, IPO contact had gone thru at my primary email address. I even spoke to IPO 2 days before with my credit card info & they confirmed the correct email. I have no idea how or why they sent that 1 email to the old email. I was eventually able to link everything on the Disney site.

So if you have more than 1 email account, check them all!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #1575
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymomtx View Post
What is a gold key? We are staying Poly CL NEXT month!! Never done the CL thing before. Trying to learn all I can. We are planning to spend extra time at the resort, if I can calm my inner commando.
The little plastic credit card like "key" that opens your hotel door. Most of them are blue, but when you stay on a club level at any resort, your room key is "gold". (Actually more yellow if you ask me! )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: