Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #1546
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Old 06-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #1547
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Really, what haven't I considered???

But yes, GF is kind of my "back up plan" at this time, but I was thinking Sugarloaf...what didn't you like about it???
I hear ya

The food offerings are the same in RPC and SL but the lounges are so very different. I don't like the location of the SL lounge as it's right inside the lobby as you walk into the SL building and I think it's very small with not enough seating to accommodate the amount of people staying there. It was also very chaotic during our stay (especially in the morning). Since the lounge is in the middle of the lobby, there are no views . I do have to say, though, that one plus to the SL building is that it is located right next to the courtyard pool, which makes it very convenient for grabbing snacks/drinks throughout the day if you are hanging out by that pool.

RPC is a totally different world, IMO. The lounge is spacious and has gorgeous views, as well as a lot of seating. One of my favorite things to do in the morning while waiting for everyone else to get up and ready is to sit with my coffee looking out at the courtyard pool watching the resort "wake up" . The CMs in RPC are amazing!!! RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second (for me) as both have amazing lounges, food, and CMs .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
My video of the lounge will not upload so I took some screen shots of it instead. Not the best quality but... All I have.
I think they're great .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofinn View Post
The lounge is larger and you have a view of the lake, mk and the fireworks. The lounge is also right off the pool which is so convenient. The food at Poly is wonderful. The also have a alcoholic punch which is delicious.
We eat breakfast at Ohana alot and I LOVE the juice . Not sure what it's called, but do you know if that juice is offered in the lounge?

Quote:
Last 2 perks of CL, the golden keys and the design on the gift chocolates

That's awesome .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #1548
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Are they still doing the gold key for CL? I thought I read elsewhere that they are doing away with it.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #1549
imobsessedwithdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The lounge is larger and you have a view of the lake, mk and the fireworks. The lounge is also right off the pool which is so convenient. The food at Poly is wonderful. The also have a alcoholic punch which is delicious. The YC lounge like a said in PP is really small with no view. The food was just ok.

The only think I don't like about the Poly is the price. We haven't stayed there in a while, and I'm not sure if we ever will again. We really enjoy the Epcot resorts more now that my kids are tweeners.

The pool and location at YC make up for it's lack luster club level. It will always be our favorite resort, as far as club level goes it would be near the bottom of the list.
Thanks so much for the info!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #1550
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
The lounges are small. The food was just ok, and the display was just so-so. There was just no "Wow" factor for me at all. I do think I liked the BC CL better than YC. The cm's were friendlier and it had a more relaxed feel. YC was a little stuffy with a lot of convention people there.

I'm sure in the future I'll be staying club level at one of these resorts again because it is difficult to get a SV or GV room with a discount. Our upcoming trip I had a choice between YC LV or SV CL. I decided to give BWI a try.
Thanks!

We are used to staying at Hampton Inns for sports tournaments so I am sure for us it will be great! Anything would.....
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #1551
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
Are they still doing the gold key for CL? I thought I read elsewhere that they are doing away with it.
I was with dd18 in April and Dh on 5/26 and both times Poly CL had gold keys.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #1552
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I hear ya

The food offerings are the same in RPC and SL but the lounges are so very different. I don't like the location of the SL lounge as it's right inside the lobby as you walk into the SL building and I think it's very small with not enough seating to accommodate the amount of people staying there. It was also very chaotic during our stay (especially in the morning). Since the lounge is in the middle of the lobby, there are no views . I do have to say, though, that one plus to the SL building is that it is located right next to the courtyard pool, which makes it very convenient for grabbing snacks/drinks throughout the day if you are hanging out by that pool.

RPC is a totally different world, IMO. The lounge is spacious and has gorgeous views, as well as a lot of seating. One of my favorite things to do in the morning while waiting for everyone else to get up and ready is to sit with my coffee looking out at the courtyard pool watching the resort "wake up" . The CMs in RPC are amazing!!! RPC is my favorite, but WL CL runs a very close second (for me) as both have amazing lounges, food, and CMs .

I think they're great .

We eat breakfast at Ohana alot and I LOVE the juice . Not sure what it's called, but do you know if that juice is offered in the lounge?

That's awesome .
I am a HUGE fan of WL CL, so maybe GF RPC would be a good fit...I have priced it out with potential increases and discounts and it would be do-able. I can't wait for the 2014 rates to come out so I can do some serious number crunching...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #1553
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
I am a HUGE fan of WL CL, so maybe GF RPC would be a good fit...I have priced it out with potential increases and discounts and it would be do-able. I can't wait for the 2014 rates to come out so I can do some serious number crunching...
Precious, you are going to adore RPC!

If possible, nail it at a bounceback like we did! LOVE, love, love being in that building and try getting the deluxe QUEEN room. Just a few $$ more than the standard and it's like getting a suite with a discount.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #1554
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post

Yes, as PP said as long as it is not in a glass bottle. The refillable mug works well. Put your beer in that and the head to the pool!
Sounds good!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #1555
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Precious, you are going to adore RPC!

If possible, nail it at a bounceback like we did! LOVE, love, love being in that building and try getting the deluxe QUEEN room. Just a few $$ more than the standard and it's like getting a suite with a discount.
Sounds awesome! We actually typically use our military discount (40% off), so if that is renewed for next year, I think GF RPC will get the green light!

We also have annual passes...so that's another way to get a discount......waiting.....waiting....

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 06-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #1556
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Has anyone stayed in a deluxe room at the BC? I requested a full balcony but I was wondering if I should instead request a room closest to the lounge since I know the rooms are not on the 5th floor. I just don't want the walk from the room to the lounge is a hike! Or are they pretty much spaced out evenly?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #1557
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
The lounge is larger and you have a view of the lake, mk and the fireworks. The lounge is also right off the pool which is so convenient. The food at Poly is wonderful. The also have a alcoholic punch which is delicious. The YC lounge like a said in PP is really small with no view. The food was just ok.

The only think I don't like about the Poly is the price. We haven't stayed there in a while, and I'm not sure if we ever will again. We really enjoy the Epcot resorts more now that my kids are tweeners.

The pool and location at YC make up for it's lack luster club level. It will always be our favorite resort, as far as club level goes it would be near the bottom of the list.
Well said!
The ONLY reason we're staying YC CL is because the graduating niece loves SAB. Only reason.
The CLs at the YC/BC do lack what the others have.

Only the AKL CL, in my opinion, rates lower, and that is because the CL rooms are 2 floors BELOW the lounge. Really? I was there for the grand opening of the AKL lounge, and for the first 3 years. Stayed there at least 12 times, in all levels of CL rooms and suites.
The deluxe rooms, which were on the 5th floor and ONE floor below, and the true CL rooms were taken away from the CL guests and turned in DVC. Sad move from Disney. They could have kept those for the CL guest, IMO. They had many more food options, every night they had a different chef from Jiko's or Boma preparing a special hot dish.
I write this from doing tons of research for a major Disney publication until my cancer. But, take what I write with a grain of salt.

Have a magical day everyone.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #1558
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Is Wishes viewable from RPC lounge at all???

PAST TRIPS:
Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #1559
Lulu'sMom

Quote:
Is Wishes viewable from RPC lounge at all???
Not really, just the sides and tops of FWs.
Need a RPC TPV or a Deluxe KING and request the TPV, but the DELUXE KING will only hold up to 3.

Another way is go down to the floor 3 of the lounge and go out to the large balcony, better viewing.

The best viewing is outside of Gaspies. Take the "secret" elevator" by the main suites down the long hall, and you're there at Gaspies. No problemo.

mickeynut1~ I do love reading your posts. You offer some of the best advice on all of these threads.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #1560
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Depending on when you're going, it might not be too much of a shocker with a discount. All seasons are getting expensive, but peak and holiday rates are killers. For 2013, peak season is around $1050/nt . I know there are people who pay that, but I'm not one of them . Even with a great discount (like 40%), it's still $630/nt . I'm with you on the 2014 rates...I wish they would come out already. I'm wanting to price out for next summer as it's never too early to plan .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: