Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
lanec313
Earning My Ears

25th wedding anniversary!

Hi, just wondering if anyone had any ideas how i can help a very special couple to me celebrate?
My sister and brother -in - law are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this October, for their honeymoon they came from here in England to Orlando and Walt Disney World for the first time, they have never looked back and have returned every single summer since then. Both their boys grew up with Disney holidays and in 2010 i was very lucky to come along with them with my little girl. I am coming with them again in 6 weeks time to spend two and a half wonderful weeks in your amazing worlds, I wonderd if anyone had any ideas on any little touch i could do to make this year even more special for them as they have done so much for me throughout my life.
I just want to add something that will make this year stand out for them and a way for me to say thank you to them.
All ideas would be wonderful
xxx
lanec313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

If they have never dined at Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian that would be a wonderful experience. The AAA (think RAC) currently has 43 restaurants in the entire United States with a Five Diamonds rating and V&A is one of them. The levels of food quality, ambiance and service is unbelievably high (and the prices are very reasonable compared to most of the other Five Diamond restaurants).

Two unusual items are they do not allow any Guests under the age of ten (so if your daughter is below ten she would have to be at one of the child care centers for the evening). The other is that it does have a strictly enforced dress code, with at least tie and jacket required for gentlemen and similar for ladies. For more information go to the restaurant's web site or to the Everything V&A thread in the Restaurants forum of DisBoards.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
lanec313
Earning My Ears

wow! excellent advice there thank you i shall keep that in mind and check out the info you have given me. thank you x
lanec313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Eljay
DIS Veteran

Location: Lounging around the Royal Assante Suite at the AKL in my leopard pajamas, drinking Champagne! (In my dreams!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanec313 View Post
Hi, just wondering if anyone had any ideas how i can help a very special couple to me celebrate?
My sister and brother -in - law are celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this October, for their honeymoon they came from here in England to Orlando and Walt Disney World for the first time, they have never looked back and have returned every single summer since then. Both their boys grew up with Disney holidays and in 2010 i was very lucky to come along with them with my little girl. I am coming with them again in 6 weeks time to spend two and a half wonderful weeks in your amazing worlds, I wonderd if anyone had any ideas on any little touch i could do to make this year even more special for them as they have done so much for me throughout my life.
I just want to add something that will make this year stand out for them and a way for me to say thank you to them.
All ideas would be wonderful
xxx
I'm chiming in a little late on this, so if you haven't made a decision yet, you might consider a behind the scenes tour for them.
Here's a list of what's available and the details. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

Another wonderful offering in October is the Mickey's-Not-So-Scary-Halloween-Party (MNSSHP) that is at MK on selected evenings. Here's info on that event. http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/halloween.htm

Other wonderful dining opportunities for special occasions are California Grill at the top of the Contemporary Resort, during Wishes, or Rose & Crown at Epcot UK during Illuminations. Rose & Crown is more of a casual-type dining experience, but the view of Illuminations from their patio is lovely.

Another option would be the Wishes Dessert Party.
(If they are offering it during your visit.)
http://www.disunplugged.com/2009/06/...dessert-party/

Good luck and enjoy your visit!
Eljay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: