Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Do Brazilian tour groups stay in Disney resorts?

Ok, not trying to start a fuss about these tour groups, just trying to prepare myself for our upcoming trip.

I've been reading that these tour groups are typically in WDW in Jan. and July. In my 15 or so trips I've never encountered any kind of tour group, but I've also never visited in July.

I think we can handle them in the parks. I've read lots of people suggest if you run upon them just go in the opposite direction. We can do that.

However, I'm more concerned with the resorts. We plan to spend tons of time at our resort pools. Lots of people chanting loudly at the pools is not what I had in mind for our mid day breaks. Just wondering if anyone knows where these groups tend to stay? Do they even stay on Disney property? Has anyone had issues at their resort, or at the pools?

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!

Last edited by tinkerbellybutton; 07-16-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Hate to burst your bubble, but YES. They stay at WDW resorts. I know they stay at some of the values. There was a trip report from earlier this month with horror stories of them at CBR. And I've heard of some being at the Deluxes as well.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Good plan to avoid them in the parks, they have a huge impact on wait lines.
There is no one particular resort they stay in, but I think mostly values.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 07-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
There was a trip report from earlier this month with horror stories of them at CBR. And I've heard of some being at the Deluxes as well.
Oh boy, we'll be at CBR for 3 nights. Ugh, I guess we'll just have to deal with it and not plan to visit during this time frame again if they're as awful as I keep reading.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
ctl
Mouseketeer

Smile I've seen them a lot in December and January

We usually go to WDW every Dec or Jan. I've seen a lot of Brazilian tour groups. They usually stay at POP or All-Stars (where we usually stay). They affect the lines at the parks, so if we see them we tend to go the other way. Some of them are not very polite, and tend to cut in line. They do have their own tour bus that transports them to the parks. At the resorts however, the only problem I've encountered is when they all hit the food court at once. They really are not any noisier than the cheerleaders we've had to deal with. I don't know about July,I hate the sun so I never go when it's hot.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

In July 2010 we stayed at the Poly and thank goodness there were no tour groups there!!

A lady in line for ToT said that she was staying at AS-Movies and it was packed with tour groups.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
NCDisneyMom
DIS Cast Member
That's me... a sympathy crier
I am a closet Saved By The Bell fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
We usually go to WDW every Dec or Jan. I've seen a lot of Brazilian tour groups. They usually stay at POP or All-Stars (where we usually stay). They affect the lines at the parks, so if we see them we tend to go the other way. Some of them are not very polite, and tend to cut in line. They do have their own tour bus that transports them to the parks. At the resorts however, the only problem I've encountered is when they all hit the food court at once. They really are not any noisier than the cheerleaders we've had to deal with. I don't know about July,I hate the sun so I never go when it's hot.
Regarding the transportation, I can say that they do not always have their ow tour bus, based on what I saw last week. Leaving MK, we were in line for our bus to POFQ, and looked across to see hundreds of people in line for ASMovies. Most with matching shirts. When their bus came, it was filled to standing room only with nothing but the tour group, and lots more people still waiting.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
kerplop
Duck, duck, duck, duck GOOSE

From what I've been reading they seem to stay at All Stars because they have the most amount of rooms in one place. Same with CBR because now POR has the royal rooms and POFQ is too small and CSR is a convention resort. That doesn't mean they won't stay anywhere/everywhere though.
Nov/Dec 2012 - Pop Century
November 2015 - Off-site
Disneyland Vet (2-3 times a year 1979-2000)!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #9
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

We just returned this week from POR and saw several groups in the food court for breakfast. We also saw a group of them at one of the park's bus stops heading for Boardwalk/Swan & Dolphin, so they must stay deluxe sometimes.

Last year we stayed at CBR and they were there. We had wanted to stay in Jamaica, but they had that whole building blocked for them.

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Old 07-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
4Spen
Earning My Ears

We are at the airport after just checking out of the Poly. We were there July 11-today. There were Brazilian Tour groups at the Poly, two different that I saw. As for the pool, they weren't at the pool during the day but rather late at night. We didn't have any issues with them at the resort but they did clog up the parks. Like others have said, we just turned the other way.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
sadiras
Mouseketeer

Am I missing something? Are Brazilian tour groups any different than other tour groups? I'm not looking to be confrontational; I'd really like to know why Brazilian tour groups are specifically singled out.

Thank you.

Last edited by sadiras; 07-16-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiras View Post
Am I missing something? Are Brazilian tour groups any different than other tour groups? I'm not looking to be confrontational; I'd really like to know why Brazilian tour groups are specifically singled out.

Thank you.
Well, I happen to work with someone from Brazil. So I asked her about Brazilians and the large groups of kids that transcend on the World. She said...July and mid December to early January is when the kids are out of school. And she said, that yes, many (not all) Brazilians tend to be loud...they are just known for being loud. So, as for singling them out...it is just what we hear, so we think they are all that way. Kind of like saying all teenagers are trouble, or loud, or rude, etc...you get the idea.
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Old 07-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
sadiras
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=msmith07101;45504118]Well, I happen to work with someone from Brazil. So I asked her about Brazilians and the large groups of kids that transcend on the World. She said...July and mid December to early January is when the kids are out of school. And she said, that yes, many (not all) Brazilians tend to be loud...they are just known for being loud. So, as for singling them out...it is just what we hear, so we think they are all that way. Kind of like saying all teenagers are trouble, or loud, or rude, etc...you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I get the idea. But...nevermind.
Thanks for your honest feelings.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiras View Post

Thank you.
If you really want to know what the big deal is with the BTGs I'd suggest that you check out some of the threads on the Theme Parks forum that have dealth with the subject. Just do a search for BTGs.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

I'll add that I think they are singled out because they are usually easily identified and because they do travel in large groups. They only have a small number of chaperones to the group, so they tend to stay in larger groups when at the parks...this is what I was told by my co-worker.
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: