Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Let's celebrate 15 years together by eating around the World! 05/24 F&W

Welcome foodies! I've been sitting around planning this trip for a couple of months and I'm almost done, so I thought I would share our planning!

This will be my 3rd visit and DH's second visit to WDW. Last year, we were at WDW from October 2 to 14th, staying at the Dolphin. We got to try almost all of the F&W booths a couple of TS restaurants and some QS spots. The link to that first review is in my signature.

This year, we almost cancelled our trip, since we were supposed to move to a new house, but that fell through and I was very glad that I hadn't cancelled our hotel reservation! We are again planning to stay at the Dolphin, King room, from October 16 to 28th, 2012 (12 nights).

On this trip, we will be celebrating 15 years together (we're highschool sweethearts). We also have 3 boys, ages 4, 6 and 8, but they are staying at grandma's house. We don't get to go on dates at home, so a couples-only vacation is a real treat. We plan on going back with the kiddos in 2 years.

As a side note, I should mention that I had weight-loss surgery in November 2010. Since then, I've lost about 180 pounds, going from 350 to 170 pounds. This has been a real life changer, but it has also left me with a stomach of about 4-5 onces. So I don't eat a lot, but I must eat often, concentrating on protein. Greasy/fried food is not my friend.

Since we will be going to many TS restaurants, we plan on splitting meals or getting a couple of appetizers and skipping mains. Of course, I must have my cocktails, and I have a list of snacks to try out, too. Let's not forget our plan to try something from every F&W booth, too!

While I like more salty/savoury dishes and snacks, DH is a giant sweet tooth on legs. And this man can eat! So while I try a bite our two of most food, he is the one actually finishing the dishes. He's really laid back and goes with the flow but sometimes chuckles and calls me the Disney Geek...

This is a pic of us, last month. We both are French-Canadian living in Quebec, just besides Ottawa. I teach French to English-speaking civil servants and DH works in sales. DH does not speak much English, however.

Let's get this moving! Next: our plans and ADRs.

Last edited by nanienamou; 05-24-2013 at 11:11 AM.
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

These will be linked when reviews are posted

October 14th

Landscape of Flavors
Raglan Road
Goofy's Candy Company

October 15th

Cheshire Café
Gaston's Tavern
Sleepy Hollow

Jiko
Aloha Isle

October 16th

Landscape of Flavor
Food and Wine Part 1
California Grill

October 17th

Starring Rolls
Mama Melrose
Writer's Stop

Food and Wine Part 2.1
Food and Wine Part 2.2
Boulangerie Pâtisserie

October 18th

Garden View Tea
Lunching Pad and nearby stand
Peco's Bill
Aloha Isle
Main Street Bakery

October 19th

Food and Wine Part 3.1
Food and Wine Part 3.2
Cosmic Rays
Casey's

October 20th

The Fountain
DTD Margarita Stand
Earl of Sandwich

Il Mulino
Boardwalk Joe stand

October 21th

Safari Stand
Yak and Yeti
Dawa Bar
Kusafiri Bakery

Bluezoo

October 22th

Main Street Bakery
Cheshire Café

Liberty Tree Tavern
Kona Café
Aloha Isle
Big Top Souvenirs
Main Street Bakery

October 23rd

Food and Wine Part 4
Sunshine Seasons
San Angel Inn
Tangierine Café
Les Vins de France
Japan Treats
Karamell Kuche
Italy Treats
Boulangerie Pâtisserie

October 24th

Kouzzina
Dawa Bar
Kusafiri Bakery

Flying Fish
Food and Wine Part 5
Kringla Bakery

October 25th

Bongo's
Goofy's Candy Company
Sanaa

October 26th

Sunshine Seasons
La Cava Del Tequila
Food and Wine Part 6

October 27th

Fairfax Fare
Brown Derby
Villains goodies
Columbia Harbor House
Sunshine Tree Terrace
Aloha Isle
Main Street Bakery

October 28th

Kouzzina

Last edited by nanienamou; 05-24-2013 at 11:10 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Sounds like you have some great plans. Looking forward to reading more. By the way, WDW without the kids is a whole lotta fun
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Loving your plans! We will be there roughly the same time. Oct 11-26!! I can't wait!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
stitchaholic
DIS Veteran

Hi !!! We are from Quebec also , we live in Rigaud , so we must almost be neighbors !
We are also taking a couples only vacation , kids stay home this time , we will be there October 11th(my b-day) till the 16th !
WLV-jan 2nd,2010 , AKL july 2011 , ASMo2012 , AKV 2012 , july 2013 Universal/SW/DC
stitchaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Thank you for reading and leaving lovely comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchaholic View Post
Hi !!! We are from Quebec also , we live in Rigaud , so we must almost be neighbors !
We are also taking a couples only vacation , kids stay home this time , we will be there October 11th(my b-day) till the 16th !
We live in Gatineau - so quite close, yes!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Hope you have a wonderful trip! You have some great restaurants planned.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie! I was happy to see you had started a PTR. You have many great restaurants planned again for this trip. But I'll be especially interested in hearing about the F & W Festival food, as I will probably not be going this year. So I will be living vicariously through you and a few others here on the DIS who are going during that time.

Have a great trip and enjoy that avocado margarita!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

What a great picture of you both! Your husband sounds alot like mine, I get a bite or two and he polishes off the rest!

We will be there around the same time, 18-28, at the POFQ..unless Disney blesses us with the AP discounts like they did the last few years. Sadly I dont think this is going to happen and if by chance it does no way will we get back to the Epcot resorts, they seem to be sold out already lol
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #10
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Hope you have a wonderful trip! You have some great restaurants planned.
Yep, but the wait is killing me... still 2 months and a half before getting to our happy place.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Hi Stephanie! I was happy to see you had started a PTR. You have many great restaurants planned again for this trip. But I'll be especially interested in hearing about the F & W Festival food, as I will probably not be going this year. So I will be living vicariously through you and a few others here on the DIS who are going during that time.

Have a great trip and enjoy that avocado margarita!
Yep, can't wait for that margarita! Also, I really want to try the jalapeno one. It intrigues me!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
What a great picture of you both! Your husband sounds alot like mine, I get a bite or two and he polishes off the rest!

We will be there around the same time, 18-28, at the POFQ..unless Disney blesses us with the AP discounts like they did the last few years. Sadly I dont think this is going to happen and if by chance it does no way will we get back to the Epcot resorts, they seem to be sold out already lol
The Dolphin seems really booked, I tried to add two days a couple of weeks ago, and there was no availability... Oh well, we are really lucky with our 12-night stay.

As for DH, it's about the same situation here, he finishes everything while I fight him for a bite, lol!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #13
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

A real life update...

So while I'm awaiting patiently our trip, my 2 best friends and I booked a week-end shopping get-away in Montreal in two weeks. I'm planning to get some cute clothes since everything will be on sale to make way for new winter clothing. We are also planning a sushi feast, so I might get a review in here!

Also, I'm always drooling over cupcakes pictures, so DH and I decided to try a new recipe yesterday...

Maple-Bacon cupcakes!

Since including some bacon in desserts seems to be a trend right now, I couldn't wait to try it. However, I must say that being from Quebec, this was not a new flavour combination as we have "cabane à sucre" in spring or sugar bush, basically a family-style restaurant where you can eat a maple feast including eggs poached in syrup or omelette, ham, bacon, baked beans, pancakes, all drizzled in maple syrup.

Anyway, these cupcakes were awesome, if not a little too sweet. I liked that the recipe called for some bacon in the cake as well as on top. There is also a sprinkle of coarse salt on top. Since the icing is very sweet, next time, I'll reduce sugar in the cake a little. We paired these cupcakes with fresh stawberries, so the sweetness was off set a little. The kids were huge fans of these! Yummy!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
iloveeeyore
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your big anniversary and on your fantastic weight loss!!! You look fabulous and you and DH are very cute together!

Your line-up looks great, and I'm in for your reviews!

With DH and DKs - CR TPV, CSR, AKL CL, WL CY, Poly GV (x3), Poly GVC, Courtyard by Marriott DTD, CBR
Numerous trips as kids to CR, Poly, Golf Resort
iloveeeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #15
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

We also have San Angel Inn & Fresh for breakfast on our list.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: