Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #316
maiapapaya
Totally DIS-tracted!

-

me DH DD22 DD11 DD9 Finnegan
1971 offsite ~ 1988 CBR ~ 2009 Poly ~ 2010 Poly ~ 2011 Poly CL ~ 2012 Poly CL ~ 2013 Poly ~ 2014 Fantasy Western Caribbean ~ 2014 GF/3-night Bahamas ~ 2015 Magic Mediterranean

Last edited by maiapapaya; 10-01-2012 at 06:26 PM.
maiapapaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #317
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmills View Post
Yeah I was thinking for $10 more dollars just get the photopass plus in case we do want the ride photos. We do not have any ADRs at the listed restaurants and my kids are too young for the rides I think... I haven't had a chance to see what the height restrictions are for the rides that are included. Now I will be off to research that info.
I'm not sure of the height of your kids, but here are the restrictions to the attractions included in PP+ (ordered by minimum height):

Buzz Lightyear SRS: no height restriction (so I believe you can do at least this one!)
Splash Mtn: 40"
Dinosaur: 40"
Tower of Terror: 40""
Space Mtn: 44"
Expedition Everest: 44"
Rock n' Roller Coaster: 48"

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #318
luvmyguyz
Mouseketeer

We just pre-ordered our Photopass + for our upcoming trip. I think this is such a great price for everything we'll get because we are doing 4 of the character meals that you get print packages, and we LOVE rides (and ride photos), not to mntion the zillions of character greetings we always do, so we will definitely get our money's worth.

OMG - I am so excited!! We've never planned a trip so far out before, and now we're only a little more than a month away!! We've paid the balance on the trip (using "6 months interest free" on rewards card, so not technically paid off, but still...), bought our photopass + voucher, finished our touring plans, and have started getting our t-shirts for the trip (we get a Disney shirt for each child for each day of our trip).

Only a little more than a month to go before our longest Disney vacation ever - I can't wait!!

luvmyguyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #319
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiapapaya View Post
Tikiman is at the Poly now & reporting the following ...
The room refurbs won't begin now until January, starting with Hawaii, the CM's are reporting that the work on the GCH is now going to be pushed back to 2018 and they believe that the Poly DVC plans will be scrapped. The GCH/DVC comments are just based on what the CM's think is going to happen, so that could change of course at any time ...

So far he hasn't got any info on when the pool work will begin.
I'm guessing you meant to post this on another thread since this doesn't have anything to do with PhotoPass +.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #320
Izzieheartscindy
Mouseketeer

We were in Disney April 2012 and were there for the first full week that Photopass+ was out. Everywhere we went people and CMs asked us about it and how we were liking it. Our little version on Disney Celebrity, I guess. And it was fun! The photopass people were so incredible to us and took WAY more pictures than they did of my friends who were there just before us. Maybe it was because it started a convo with them and then once you get people talking they are so much more interested/invested in you... But whatever it was it made our trip so special!! And having all the pics at the end of all the rides and character meals was awesome. I felt it was VERY worth the $$.

We are booked to go back this April and I am totally getting it again. My question is, do you see a lot people walking around with the lanyards now? Does everyone get the + or is it just us DISers who are so into it?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #321
ladyhatter92
Earning My Ears

I'm really sorry and call me lazy but I got 3 pages in and got more confused than before I started so I'll just post my queries. I apologise if these have been answered already.

I live in the uk (not that it makes a difference but still) I'm 20 and am taking a 14 day trip in oct/nov (doing both Halloween and Xmas parties) with my mum. Just the 2 of us. I also own a canon DSLR camera (similar to the pp at Disney) and will be taking it to the parks. We plan on doing a breakfast at park fair.

All that in account, is it worth is purchasing the pp+? For me the pictures are the best part of the trip to take home.

Also, if I pay the one off $$$ will I need to pay any more money to get my photos? or is everything included in that price (inc shipping) and will I be able to rip all the pics from this CD to my computer once I get home?

I'm so confused, dumbed down version please!!
(not new to the pp system just the buying them part)
ladyhatter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #322
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhatter92 View Post
I'm really sorry and call me lazy but I got 3 pages in and got more confused than before I started so I'll just post my queries. I apologise if these have been answered already.

I live in the uk (not that it makes a difference but still) I'm 20 and am taking a 14 day trip in oct/nov (doing both Halloween and Xmas parties) with my mum. Just the 2 of us. I also own a canon DSLR camera (similar to the pp at Disney) and will be taking it to the parks. We plan on doing a breakfast at park fair.

All that in account, is it worth is purchasing the pp+? For me the pictures are the best part of the trip to take home.

Also, if I pay the one off $$$ will I need to pay any more money to get my photos? or is everything included in that price (inc shipping) and will I be able to rip all the pics from this CD to my computer once I get home?

I'm so confused, dumbed down version please!!
(not new to the pp system just the buying them part)
I do not know about the shipping to the UK; however, I can tell you the rest.

For the $, you get a CD, which has a release form on it that allows you to print the photos, post them online and copy the CDs, so long as you are not doing o for commercial purposes.

With PhotoPass+, the only prints that are included are the character meals, otherwise, you would need to either have Disney print them (expensive) or print them yourself or use somewhere like Walmart, Target or other Photo Processing centers (not sure what they might be there) to print them.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #323
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

Trying to decide whether to pay the extra or the photo pass plus or just do the regular one. Last year, when we dined at CRT and Akershus, we received a complimentary photo packet - at CRT it was pics with Cinderella and at Akershus, it was pics with Belle. Does Disney still do this - or has it changed with the introduction of photo pass plus?
tmbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #324
ladyhatter92
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77
I do not know about the shipping to the UK; however, I can tell you the rest.
Thank you so much I've been pulling my hair out trying to understand haha! will have a talk with DM about it.
ladyhatter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #325
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caropooh
I read a really good hint on another site for large groups using PhotoPass plus...

I just returned from WDW and had a great time. While there we enjoyed the PhotoPass+ card. It was awesome and well worth the price. I have seen mentioned many places the concern that only one card is issued, and that even though you can use the regular PhotoPass cards in conjunction, only the red card can be used on rides and other special events. This is a problem, because if members of your group separate for some time, not everyone has the card. Well, early in our week, without even asking, a photographer shared some very important information. He said that if the people in your party take pictures of the card, with cellphones for example, the PhotoPass camera readers are able to read the code. This way groups can split up and still take advantage of the Photopass+ card.
Interesting...will have to remember that!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 AM   #326
BecksHH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Unfortunately you need to have a minium of 14 days away from travelling so I think your only option is to purchase in the parks.

Does anyone know if it takes longer to send it to the UK? Tia!

BecksHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #327
Susan388
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyguyz View Post
We just pre-ordered our Photopass + for our upcoming trip. I think this is such a great price for everything we'll get because we are doing 4 of the character meals that you get print packages, and we LOVE rides (and ride photos), not to mntion the zillions of character greetings we always do, so we will definitely get our money's worth.

OMG - I am so excited!! We've never planned a trip so far out before, and now we're only a little more than a month away!! We've paid the balance on the trip (using "6 months interest free" on rewards card, so not technically paid off, but still...), bought our photopass + voucher, finished our touring plans, and have started getting our t-shirts for the trip (we get a Disney shirt for each child for each day of our trip).

Only a little more than a month to go before our longest Disney vacation ever - I can't wait!!
Where do you get your Disney shirts??
Old 10-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #328
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbowers View Post
Trying to decide whether to pay the extra or the photo pass plus or just do the regular one. Last year, when we dined at CRT and Akershus, we received a complimentary photo packet - at CRT it was pics with Cinderella and at Akershus, it was pics with Belle. Does Disney still do this - or has it changed with the introduction of photo pass plus?
Well, technically, they weren't complimentary, they were included in the price of the meal. So, no, that hasn't changed.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #329
Kate and Family
Wiggling My Ears

Is Hoop Dee Doo Review one of the restaurants included?
Kate and Family is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #330
triciari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate and Family
Is Hoop Dee Doo Review one of the restaurants included?
Yes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: