Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #61
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post

For three teenagers, waking up early- especially during summer, isn't the easiest task.

Imagine how it's going to be in a month when I have to start waking up at 6 am again for school? Usually I sleep in until 11:30
That is definitely the hardest part during our family trips. I can't seem to get those girls of mine out of the bed!

Rachel and Elizabeth both sleep until noon usually. The good thing for Rachel is that she has show choir camp during these last three weeks before school begins, so she's already getting used to having to wake up earlier.

Quote:
I love the hot air balloons that represent the four seasons
Well, where have I been? I didn't know that-not sure I've ever really looked at them. But when I looked at your picture-you're right!

Quote:
But my absolute FAVORITE part of Soarin happens after the ride. When they tell you to unbuckle your seat belts and EVERYBODY unbuckles them at the same time, making a chorus of clicking sounds... I just love it

I also love how everyone claps at the end of the ride, it's cute
That is pretty funny! BTW-I clap too!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #62
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Just found your newest TR and joining in!

Your TR video was great! I love your brother's expressions on EE and when he first saw RnR's take off! I make those same faces! LOL but I am not about to brave RnR yet! I did EE for the first time this last trip May 2011 and I had been looking forward to trying it since I saw it being built in 2004 but DH wouldn't go with me in 2010, so in 2011 I finally had someone to go with me...well let me say it was fun but I won't be in a rush to go back... LOL

Nice room, we stayed there in 1987 (wow a LONG time ago!) in one of the garden wings, it is nice a peaceful over there.

Glad you weren't too late for Epcot EMH despite the delay with the monorail not working.

Love Soarin! I don't mind the feet dangling, it's kind of a funny part of the ride...

Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Welcome! Joey makes the goofiest faces on rides, but he really did look scared when he saw RNRC take off! I had the same look on my face when I first saw it haha. Hopefully one day you'll ride RNRC, it's an adrenaline rush!

Very true- the feet dangling can be funny, I like seeing the people shake their legs all around on the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Every time I read an update about how most teenagers sleep in, I feel so awkward because I'm not like that though I hate waking up early in the morning besides the reason of I just want to, not that I need to. I know I'm strange, move on...

Sorry to hear you had to get up early and the monorails weren't running! I guess I can see where your title is starting to kick in here. But at least you got some nice and early FPs for Soarin'!

to Living With The Land, such a nice relaxing ride it is and to Spaceship Earth too. I love the game you guys decided to play, I get way too into it when I play sometimes

So jealous you guys got the first row on Soarin', I always miss the boat on that. I gotta agree about the clapping after the ride is over, probably the reason why I keep on going back just for that.

Can't wait to read more!
I can get up early no problem, as long as it's not my alarm or my parents that are waking me up, if I wake up myself at 7 in the morning, I'm perfectly fine! I just hate being woken up not on my own time, weird I know lol

This was just the beginning of the bad working monorails, we didn't get to ride the Epcot monorail until one of the last days of the trip! And I love the Epcot monorail ):

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #63
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
That is definitely the hardest part during our family trips. I can't seem to get those girls of mine out of the bed!

Rachel and Elizabeth both sleep until noon usually. The good thing for Rachel is that she has show choir camp during these last three weeks before school begins, so she's already getting used to having to wake up earlier.

Well, where have I been? I didn't know that-not sure I've ever really looked at them. But when I looked at your picture-you're right!

That is pretty funny! BTW-I clap too!
That's good Rachel will be used to getting up before school starts, I'm going to have to start slowly waking up earlier and earlier, because these next four weeks will probably fly by!

I never noticed them until I read a TR, and I couldn't believe that I had been in that building so many times and have never seen them before! They're a cool touch

So do I! I think it's awesome how everyone always clap, it's really cool (:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #64
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Joining in! I just caught up and looking forward to reading more

Old 08-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #65
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I read one of your TR's a couple years ago and really enjoyed it! Our trips overlapped a little bit this time so I'm having fun reading about this trip as well. I like that you are adding tips/tricks! Great idea! Can't wait for more!!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #66
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Joining in! I just caught up and looking forward to reading more
Welcome! Glad you're reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Joining in! I read one of your TR's a couple years ago and really enjoyed it! Our trips overlapped a little bit this time so I'm having fun reading about this trip as well. I like that you are adding tips/tricks! Great idea! Can't wait for more!!
Welcome! That's cool we were there some of the same days (:

Old 08-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #67
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Don't Move a Muscle

July 6th, 2012

With over an hour to kill before lunch, we decided to head to Innoventions, because Joey wanted to do Sum of All Thrills.

The building we went into, wasn't the one with SoAT... oops. But it worked out fine, because Johnny was interested in the video games, so my dad stayed back with him and said they would meet us by SoAT.

The line was kind of long, and I wasn't in the mood for it, so I sat down across the walkway from the ride and updated my TR notes, which I had decided the first day would be easier to just type them up on my iTouch instead of writing them down in my usual TR journal. Mom and Joey were in the line a pretty long time, and when my dad and Johnny came back, they still hadn't even ridden yet.

We walked closer to the ride when we saw them getting ready for their ride, so we could watch. Joey had asked one of the CMs how to get the most intense ride, and she said to pick the snow mobile or something, I don't remember.
But their ride looked crazy!

When they were done, Johnny wanted to go to Club Cool to get a coke

It wasn't open yet, so we decided we'd come back later.
We took the opportunity to have a little photo shoot though

Still had time left before the countries opened, so, per Joey's request, we rode Mission: Space. The wait for orange was WAY too long, so we decided to go green, we didn't really mind. Orange hurts my head anyways

I was the Commander, I think... I'm not sure, I just remember being happy because I felt like my role was the person in charge LOL

Whenever we ride this ride, we like to do the opposite of what we're told. Like when the guy tells you "don't move a muscle" so that you don't fall over the cliff, we move like crazy. What rebels we are

Dad sat out on this ride, he doesn't like virtual/enclosed rides like this

On our way back to meet my dad, we saw these guys singing out in front of Test Track (which was closed, because they're doing all that new stuff to the queue and making it virtual and whatnot)

If you watched my trip video, some of their performance is in there!

By now, Club Cool was opened so we made our way back over there!

The one from Israel is my favorite, and my brother's like the one from Germany. I got Joey to try the Beverly, and he did, that's also in the trip video! He's tasted it before, we all know that's the one that tastes bad, but he went along and tasted it anyways haha

Now it was past 11 o'clock and the countries were open! We split up for lunch, but where would we go?

Up Next: Yeah, Get Off...

Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 08-08-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #68
carlandellie
DIS Veteran

I love love love your outfit Sarah
Good update!

They donít know how special you are They donít know what youíve done to my heart
They can say anything they want cause they donít know about us
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #69
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed the update!

I'm with your dad-I need to sit Mission Space out. Like you, it makes my head hurt....Actually it makes everything hurt!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #70
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

It's funny for the longest time I never even really knew what the Sum of All Thrills was about. I always thought it was like CyberSpace Mountain in DisneyQuest, but it looks much different. I'll definitely have to check it out now, though probably wouldn't go as intense as your brother did haha

to riding (and rebelling on) Mission: SPACE. And I love the reaction to Beverly your brother gave in the video though I think any reaction to that is funny haha. Still need to try it, maybe I'll be the first weirdo to like it lol

Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #71
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!

My boys rode Sum of All Thrills for the first time on our trip and loved it!

Love Club Cool! The one from Israel is my favorite as well.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #72
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlandellie View Post
I love love love your outfit Sarah
Good update!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Enjoyed the update!

I'm with your dad-I need to sit Mission Space out. Like you, it makes my head hurt....Actually it makes everything hurt!
Thanks! Mission Space does get pretty crazy lol!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #73
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
It's funny for the longest time I never even really knew what the Sum of All Thrills was about. I always thought it was like CyberSpace Mountain in DisneyQuest, but it looks much different. I'll definitely have to check it out now, though probably wouldn't go as intense as your brother did haha

to riding (and rebelling on) Mission: SPACE. And I love the reaction to Beverly your brother gave in the video though I think any reaction to that is funny haha. Still need to try it, maybe I'll be the first weirdo to like it lol

Can't wait to read more!
I've only ridden Sum of All Thrills once, and I was nervous so I didn't want to make it very intense. It turned out to be pretty eh so I just made funny faces, because the CMs have little monitors and can see your face while on the ride lol!

The Beverly isn't all that bad, it's just very bitter. I don't think it's gross, but it's not something I want to drink a glass of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!

My boys rode Sum of All Thrills for the first time on our trip and loved it!

Love Club Cool! The one from Israel is my favorite as well.
Thank you! The Israel one reminds me of Sprite and Sundrop/Mountain Dew combined, that's probably why it's my favorite!

Old 08-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #74
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Yeah, Get Off...

July 6th, 2012

It was finally time to grab some foreign lunch! I wanted Chinese, as I'm in LOVE with the fried rice they have at the Lotus Blossom Cafe. Johnny was feeling Mexican, so we split up. My dad and I went to China, while my mom stayed in Mexico with my brothers.

My dad and I both got the Shrimp Fried Rice with Egg Roll

It's what we always get, lol

Since I wasn't with them, I'm not totally sure what exactly they got to eat... and I can't really tell from the pictures oops

But looking at the menu, it looks like my mom got Tacos de Carne - smoked beef brisket tacos served on fresh handmade corn tortillas with Pico de Gallo, lime and corn tortilla chips

And I want to say Johnny got Empanadas de Queso - fresh corn masa (dough) filled with Chihuahua cheese topped with green sauce served with corn tortilla chips minus the green sauce

Joey wasn't hungry, so all he wanted was Churros con Cajeta - Churros with milk caramel

Interesting new design for the churros... last time we ate there they were just regular sticks!

After a yummy lunch, we met up halfway, in Norway!
We had all done everything we wanted to, so it was time to go back to the hotel for our afternoon rest.

I guess I found the Brazilian Tour Group interesting? Or irritating, either one

Guess we stopped here for something, probably a bathroom break

Off to the monorail! Finally!

We got on the monorail, it wasn't crowded so we were able to sit down! We were sitting there for about 10 minutes
This is our "Why are we still sitting here close the doors and take us home" face

Unfortunately, after 10-15 minutes of sitting on the monorail they came over the speaker and told us we'd have to get off because the monorail wasn't working and we'd have to take the bus to the Ticket and Transportation Center.

So we got off the monorail and walked towards the buses... and there's no bus to any of the monorail resorts at Epcot! So we had to get on the T&TC bus with everyone else- ended up standing again- and then once we got there we had to take the monorail full loop to the Contemporary.

It took about an hour to get back :/

Although, Johnny got some good shots while on the resort monorail!

Up Next: Poolside Fun!

Old 08-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #75
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Lunch looks yummy!

Sounds like a long trip back to the Contemporary with all the transportations issues.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: