Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #151
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlandellie View Post
omg perfect
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Two updates filled with all my favorites! Love, Love, Love FOTLK-So glad you finally got to see it! Can't beat Flame Tree! Gotta love going over to the Poly for some Captain Cooks. Animation Academy! Your Chip is really good! And, of course---Fantasmic! The best way to end your evening at DHS!
FOTLK was such a good show, I'm so glad I got to finally see it too! We hadn't seen Fantasmic in forever, it really is the best way to end the night (:

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 10-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #152
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Howdy!

July 10th, 2012

Today we had late lunch/early dinner reservations at Whispering Canyon Cafe, so we decided just to relax until noon.

I sat out on the patio and relaxed

I think this was the day when the ducks attacked! Joey, Johnny, and my mom were out on the patio and a duck was really close to them and waddled over to the patio. A normal duck would see humans and run away, but this duck came right over to them and wasn't afraid at all. Joey says it attacked him, but I have no evidence LOL

After relaxing for a while, we all got ready and made our way to the dock!
We didn't have to wait long for a boat, we got right on

There was one other guy on the boat with us. He must've been at the Contemporary for business because he was dressed up nice and had a brief case, plus the Contemporary is where all the business people are. He asked my dad to take his picture, and my dad did. A few minutes later he asked my dad to take his picture again, so he did. I guess my dad didn't take any good pictures because the guy started taking some selfies!

The boat ride was short and sweet and in no time we were at the Wilderness Lodge

It's beyond cool there, I'd love to stay there
We still had some time before our reservations so we waited in the lobby

After a few minutes, we checked in and were seated instantly
Our waitress was Asian and I loved the way she kept saying "Howdy" to us, her accent made it entertaining!

Cool drinks!

The cornbread was probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite, part of the meal... it was BEYOND amazing

We ordered the Canyon Skillet (smoked pork ribs, oven roasted chicken, and pork sausage served with cowboy beans, corn on the cob, western slaw, herb crushed potatoes, and fresh baked cornbread) for my dad, my mom, and me.

Johnny had the Slow-smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich

And Joey had Kansas City-Style Smoked Pork Ribs

I thought the food was yummy, I've had better though. Joey didn't like that the ribs weren't dry rub, but I really enjoyed the BBQ sauce they put on the ribs it's delicious! Just very messy

When we finished out meal, our waitress made us origami horses!

They were really cool, I still have mine! She showed us that if you flip it's tail and it will flip around and land back on its feet! Super cool (:

Up Next: Search for a Magnet

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 11-25-2012 at 02:13 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #153
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Search for a Magnet

July 10th, 2012

After a nice lunch, everyone went back to the room except Joey and I, we hopped onto the monorail and made our way for the Grand Floridian! Joey had a present to get

We looked around for 30 minutes- going up and down between the stores in the lobby, before we FINALLY found a Grand Floridian magnet!

The lady that checked us out asked if we were staying at the Art of Animation because we had a new design of room cards. We told her we were staying at the Contemporary and she seemed surprised because she hadn't seen a lot of those kinds of cards

We went back to the Contemporary afterwards and took a little break... before heading to Epcot!

Joey and I wanted to do the new Perry World Showcase Adventure thing that took place of Kim Possible

I did Mexico and Joey did Germany. It was alright, I didn't find it that enjoyable. It's pretty much the exact same as Kim Possible, but I felt like I liked KP better

After our missions, we got ice cream in France!

After ice cream, Johnny, Dad, and I were apparently lame and left, which Mom and Joey stayed and rode Mission Space

We stopped at the little "grocery" store like shop at the Contemporary, which is kind of hidden, to get my dad some chips

And we called it a day

Up Next: The Best Thing I Ever Ate

Old 03-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #154
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

July 11th, 2012

This morning we were headed to the Magic Kingdom. Dad, Johnny, and I wanted to take the monorail and Joey and Mom wanted to walk from the Contemporary.

When we got to MK there was a HUGE line to get in

I'm unsure of who got to MK first, but Johnny, Dad, and I had a little complication. Johnny got gum stuck all over his hands so they had to go into the bathroom to take care of it while I waited outside the restrooms for them. I waited a while and my Dad told me to go meet my Mom and Joey because it was going to take a while.

Well while we were having the gum fiasco, Joey and Mom had managed to get Sorcerers of the Kingdom cards and were waiting for me at Sleepy Hollow.

I met up with them and told them about the gum situation and that Dad and Johnny would be coming soon. In the mean time, I wanted to get what I came here for!
My Nutella Waffle!

I had been waiting all week to eat one of these and finally I got the chance! It was soooooooooooooooooooo good!

Mom and Joey shared a funnel cake

While we ate Joey filled me in about the card game

The Prince Phillip card was my favorite

My waffle was soo filling, I couldn't eat it all! It was all so good (except I don't like blueberries as you can tell by the picture)

Soon my Dad and Johnny joined us! As soon as they got there, it started pouring rain

Luckily the rain didn't last long, and once it started to slow down we made a run for it! Johnny and Dad went to get Splash Mountain FPs while Joey, mom, and I did Sorcerers.

We came upon our first station thing

It's actually a cool game, Joey had really been looking forward to it all week.

We did a few stations and at our second or third one it started raining again! We ducked for cover near Mickey's Philharmagic.

continued in next post

Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #155
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Grumpy!

July 11th, 2012

We told Johnny and Dad to meet us here since they were still off getting FPs.

It finally stopped raining and Johnny decided to call it quits, so he went back the Contemporary on his own while the rest of us stayed and rode the Haunted Mansion

We were going to ride It's a Small World but the line was crazy long. Instead we completed more sorcerer adventures

By this time our fast passes were ready!

My notes say we didn't get very wet, which was good! I hate getting wet!

After our ride Joey and Dad went to get Space Mountain FPs for later and Mom and I went to the Emporium.

I got a keychain Vinylmation!

Joey got a Perry pillow pet, mom got the earrings pictures above and a charm.
After our shopping we hopped back on the monorail to the Contemporary.

I sat down near the gift shops at CR and opened my box up to see which Snow White character I got...
Grumpy!

Mom did some shopping, she got an ornament and a tinkerbell coffee cup.

Candyland was my favorite game- I want this version!

The boys met up with us and went to the Arcade.
We went back to the room and took a break. I had to wash my feet because my rainbows and rain turned the bottom of my feet brown!

Too gross!

continued in next post

Old 03-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #156
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Ducks Attack!

July 11th

After I cleaned my feet I took a little nap. While I was sleeping my brothers and mom were out on our patio, and this little guy came!

They said that that little ducky had no fear and came so close and "Attacked" which is where we get the first half of our title!

Bye bye duck!

By now it was 5:40 and everyone was well rested to head back to MK! This time we all walked over.

We had to take our traditional picture with Goofy (he was back this trip! For the past few trips before this one they had removed the Goofy bench!)

Then it was time for Space Mountain!

I was really excited because it was finally my turn to sit in the front! If you remember correctly the past two times we rode SM this trip Johnny and Joey got the front while I was stuck in the second seat.

Well guess what.

There were five of us. And six seats.

So a party of 1 girl got my front seat! I was so upset. Front seat on Space Mountain is my absolute favorite! ): Ugh. Darn party of 1 girl.
In my notes I wrote "I figure [party of 1 girl] had the time of her life since she was screaming in my ears the whole time" looks like my grumpy keychain fit my personality that day lol

It was nearing dinner time and since we were close by we headed to Cosmic Rays

After dinner Joey and dad went to ride the cars and my mom, johnny, and me went to go check out the Jungle Cruise.
On our way there a lady told me she liked my Aladdin shirt

When we got to JC the line was 55 minutes long so we decided to go for a whirl around Pirates instead!

I ended up getting wet on POTC because a bomb "dropped" right next to me!

After our pirates adventure we went back to the Jungle Cruise where Joey and Dad were supposed to meet us, and we waited but they never came, so we hopped in the much shorter line for the Jungle Cruise.

Our skippers name was Clarence and he was really funny!

continued in next post

Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #157
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Is This California?!

july 11th

After JC we met up with Dad and Joey and we all had to ride Its a Small World since it's my mom's favorite

During one of the scenes the little girl behind us goes "Is this California?!" hahaha she was super cute

Next stop was the Barnstormer! On our way over there a CM told me she loved my shirt! I was getting tons of compliments lol!

We waited in line for about 10 minutes

continued in next post

Old 03-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #158
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Hands Up!

July 11th

We bypassed Dumbo, even though I wanted to ride it and it only had a 20 minute wait ): Instead we took a whirl around the teacups!

That was our fastest ride yet! I remember reading somewhere that if you put your hands in the air it makes the ride more thrilling, so that's what we did and it really worked!

After that we decided to call it a night

Mom and the boys walked home while dad and I waited FOREVER for a monorail

continued in next post

Old 03-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #159
MickeyisBeast
This is sooo Tinsel

Bye Disney!

July 12th, 2012

I woke up around 9:50, we packed up our beautiful Contemporary room and we left about an hour later at 10:55.

I guess I didn't take any pictures this day, and that's all I wrote in my notes.

We had a long 9 hour drive back to NC and my dad had work the next day, so we said our goodbyes and were on our way back home.

We're actually not going to Disney this summer. I think we've been going to Disney every summer since 2008 or 2009, we're trying something different this year. I think we'll be going to the beach for a week instead. I know we'll be going back to Disney soon, there's so much new stuff we need to see! (:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: