Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #76
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by troane522 View Post
Yes I am a tad addicted to pinterest; it's a really great site!!
My first introduction to the site was this weekend and I am hooked too. I think I have my mother's problem though...having all these great ideas but not being realistic about time! I remember when we were kids, she would buy all these sewing and knitting books and say "someday when I have time". I think it was like 20 years later she started In anycase, I am keeping track of all the great ideas and will do my best to try them sooner than later.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #77
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I haven't started shopping for my kids yet but I have been thinking of ideas. For my DD8 I think she is going to get a Kindle Fire or something similiar. DS13 digital camera. DS12 most likely hockey gear.

I have been picking up items during the Target toy clearance for our christmas Adopt a Family event.

I love Christmas and shopping on Black Friday!
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #78
N2mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hearts
I'm joining in. I joined last year but couldn't keep up with the thread. I'm hoping I'll be able to this year.

The only gift that is a "must have" so far is a Pink LeapPad for our daughter. Our local Wal-Mart has them in stock pretty often now so I think either pay day in August or September we are going to pick it up.

Besides that I have no idea what to get for anyone else. I do want to start picking up things on sale here and there to put away.
Check your local Barnes and noble. They had them 50% off on clearance at 2 different stores in MA.

GL. My kids love theirs and play them all the time. Keep an eye on leapfrog.com for sales on the games too.
N2mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #79
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the ideas on homemade gifts for my friends! I do have a Pinterest account, I was boycotting for a while because it kept malfunctioning when I search for Disney things, but I figure it might be time to give it a second chance

I just made an organizer in Google docs. The approximate costs kind of ruin the fun
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #80
CMW0021
Earning My Ears

Leslie. I have those puzzles and picked them up at toys r us. My boys enjoyed them!
CMW0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #81
CMW0021
Earning My Ears

I'm going to join in as well. We are part of the scaling back club. But the earlier I start the more I spend! I already have a kids digital camera for my 5 year old son. I also have a 7 year old boy who wants an iPod touch. I'm also thinking about a trampoline or basketball hoop for the big Santa gift. Or I also considered a tent and other camping gear for the family. I picked up some things for my nieces and nephews during the target clearance in January. Looking forward to stopping by for the sale this week . This really got me thinking. The 9-10 paychecks left is a real eye opener. Where do u open the Christmas accounts? I might need to do that next year
CMW0021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #82
troane522
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW0021
I'm going to join in as well. We are part of the scaling back club. But the earlier I start the more I spend! I already have a kids digital camera for my 5 year old son. I also have a 7 year old boy who wants an iPod touch. I'm also thinking about a trampoline or basketball hoop for the big Santa gift. Or I also considered a tent and other camping gear for the family. I picked up some things for my nieces and nephews during the target clearance in January. Looking forward to stopping by for the sale this week . This really got me thinking. The 9-10 paychecks left is a real eye opener. Where do u open the Christmas accounts? I might need to do that next year
We opened ours at our credit union where we do the bulk of our banking. It starts in Oct and you pick the amount you want to set aside bi-weekly; $20, $25, etc....we've been using it for about 4 years now and I love it!
troane522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:31 PM   #83
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer

I joined in earlier today, but wanted to give our status for Christmas shopping. We actually went to the mall yesterday and bought gifts for 5 people. Add to that one gift we bought earlier this year and we are off to a good start. I was excited that 3 of them were under $10 thanks to the clearance shelf at Yankee Candle. They are nice gifts too! We are headed to Disney in December so if we don't get the shopping done and partly wrapped before we go, it will be chaos when we get back! BDL thinks I am crazy for wanting to start this early, but the last 2 years all our shopping was done by December, cash was paid for everything and come December it was all about enjoying everything else!

By the way.....if you are looking for affordable gifts, I have had luck with The Lakeside Catalog. Also, Zulilly has some good deals sometimes (can be hot or miss), but it takes a while to get things after you order them so shopping now will get things delivered in time for Christmas
Old 07-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #84
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

1. "Something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read" from Mom & Dad
2. Santa's big gift
3. 3-4 small stocking items (candy, stickers, matchbox cars, etc)
4. A tree ornament and Christmas PJs each child's elf brings before Christmas Eve

I love this from Starsweeper!! Especially #1. May have to try this at our house for DS24 and DD10months (yep...wiiiidddee range in ages!)
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #85
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
1. "Something you want, something you need, something you wear, something you read" from Mom & Dad
2. Santa's big gift
3. 3-4 small stocking items (candy, stickers, matchbox cars, etc)
4. A tree ornament and Christmas PJs each child's elf brings before Christmas Eve

I love this from Starsweeper!! Especially #1. May have to try this at our house for DS24 and DD10months (yep...wiiiidddee range in ages!)
The age thing is hilarious-when I first read it,I thought 24 months,then NOPE, 24! what a great surprise!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #86
TchrLady
Earning My Ears

I just signed up for the DIS yesterday as I am beginning to plan our March 2013 trip to WDW and saw this thread as I was browsing. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I hope I can get some great ideas. I have already started shopping the Target toy clearance for my twin DD's10 and my DS6months. I got some great deals on some craft kits for the girls and Thomas stuff for DS for next year. I also found some cute Pink Duplo blocks for DN2. The girls will probably get some Disney items for our March trip and DS is so little he doesn't need much, maybe a few outfits and some toys. Looking forward to some great ideas!
TchrLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #87
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TchrLady View Post
I just signed up for the DIS yesterday as I am beginning to plan our March 2013 trip to WDW and saw this thread as I was browsing. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I hope I can get some great ideas. I have already started shopping the Target toy clearance for my twin DD's10 and my DS6months. I got some great deals on some craft kits for the girls and Thomas stuff for DS for next year. I also found some cute Pink Duplo blocks for DN2. The girls will probably get some Disney items for our March trip and DS is so little he doesn't need much, maybe a few outfits and some toys. Looking forward to some great ideas!
Welcome to the DIS! This is my third season in this thread and I love it, I hope you enjoy the DIS as much as I do!

Me (25)DH (33) *DH's Kids*:DSS13DSD12DSD10 DSS7
Met on the DIS, and going strong
May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip...January 9th-13th 2014-planning session and birthday trip for DSS1...May 16th-24th 2014-wedding trip (WP/LSS/Sago Cay), honeymoon, and birthday trip for DSS2...December 5th-7th 2014-birthday trip for DSD2...March 14th-16th 2015-birthday trip for DSD1

On a mission to become a healthier me! I have lost
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #88
kymmyk13
DIS Veteran

I spent some time catching up on this thread last night and then I had the worst nightmare ever. it was Christmas eve and I had no gifts bought.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #89
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymmyk13 View Post
I spent some time catching up on this thread last night and then I had the worst nightmare ever. it was Christmas eve and I had no gifts bought.
Ha! I am really sorry you had that dream!! I do that stuff and it is SOOO real!! Every year it's that we are Disney, on our last day and I wake up in the room--WAKE UP,..like we slept all week and missed EVERYthing!! I hate that!!!! Or when I dream we forget tickets, or we have missed our flights!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #90
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TchrLady View Post
Welcome to the DIS and congrats on your upcoming trip. You'll soon find these boards addicting!
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: