Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #856
tchrrx
Blame it on the plastic cow I mentioned on another board
That's right.... I sucked a plastic cow

Finished:
Mom- Heather Moore charm
Brother- Duck Dynasty season 1 & shirt
Sister- Pandora charm
BiL- Golf ball retriever, custom golf balls (ordered, but not in yet), misc. golf items
Niece (soon to arrive! Woo-hoo! )- Kick it piano, clothes
DH- book on how to photograph food and several different styles/colors of plates that he can use for photography purposes
DD- iTouch, case, LoveSac, Disney Movie Night boxes, clothes
MiL & FiL- blu ray player, power strip, cords, etc. DH already hooked this up for them
Nephew 1- Sphero Ball
Nephew 2- Angry Birds pjs, game, & coloring book

Need to Buy/Make:
Dad- satellite radio for his car (I think siblings & I are going in on this. Brother is supposed to be taking care of it. I guess I better check with him today!)

Brother- Hickory Farms set or a large container of beef jerky
Duck Dynasty gag gifts (tupperware tea glass, 'jorts', donuts- hope to microwave this so it's hot when he opens it ;-) ) Any other brilliant ideas?

Sister- gift card for pedicure (Mom is supposed to pick this up for me. I need to check on this.)

DD- Put together the binder of Disney movie night ideas. I have most of it typed up, but I need to finish it and print it.

MiL & FiL- blu ray movie just so they have something to open

SiL & BiL- Lowes gift card b/c they are saving for a grill

Grandma- I need to figure something out for her. We usually buy her some Estee' Lauder, but haven't done it yet.

2006- WDW CR (DD's 1st trip & my parents came) 2007- WDW SSR (1st trip 'home' & suprise trip for DD) 2008- WDW SSR (surprised DD w/her aunt) 2009- WDW SSR (inlaws) 2010- Our 1st ABD (Spirit of America) 2011- WDW SSR & BLT and our 1st Cruise (Disney Dream) 2012- WDW BLT (DD's surprise birthday trip); ABD Southwest Splendors 2013- DL GCV (Our 1st DL trip); Disney's Vero Beach; Disney Fantasy 2014- ABD Costa Rica
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #857
CrAzY4DL
Mommy, you magic-ed my heart!

Phew almost done!

DD13-Smash journal and a TON of accessories, Brave DVD, I made her 2 dinosaur hoodies 1 for school 1 for not-school, wireless mouse for her new Chromebook she bought herself, 2 games (Epic Mickey Power of Illusion and Super Mario 2) for the 3DS my mom got her, Rainbow Loom set plus a bunch of bands for it, a new lunchbox, an R/C monster truck and some cash.

DD9-Madagascar 3 DVD, this weird glitter bird she wanted from Michaels, a glitter bead set, knitting loom, Rainbow Loom, Monster High Werewolf sisters, Werecat twins, bathroom set and am building her a Monster High house and making her 4 beanbag chairs for the Monsters.

DD2-Finding Nemo BluRay-DVD, DoodlePro, big fat beads and string for beading, personalized name puzzle from Lillian Vernon, Belle/Beast Little People set, Little People Buzz Lightyear set, LeapFrog ABC Bucket, tutu, My First Purse, some Color Wonder sets, a cat piano and I am making her Star Wars finger puppets.

DH-Prometheus Blu-Ray, Bourne Legacy Blu/DVD set, Smoko Toast USB Handwarmers, a new light for his fish tank, some compression undies for running and a gift card to the local running store. Now he is asking for electric motorcycle gloves so who knows, might not do fish light, undies and gift card *** those things are PRICEY!!!

My Mom-necklace from AJs Collection that has my kids' names and birthstones, plus a photo calendar from Shutterfly

My Dad-Seasons 1 and 2 of Big Bang Theory, plus had a wood sign made that says "the only thing better than you being my dad is you being my kids' Papa"

DH Mom-necklace from AJs Collection that has her and her 2 deceased sisters names on it (she has 6 grandkids total plus might eventually get more so I'm waiting to get her a Grandma necklace. My mom just has me and we are definitely done with 3, haha)

DH Dad-I make him a photo calendar every year of his 3 kids, 2 daughter in laws and 6 granddaughters, plus this year added a photo mug.

My family draw-I got 1 of DHs aunts and I got her 2 pairs of jammies and 1 pair of fuzzy socks.

DH family draw-he got his other aunt, LOL, and she will get a gift card for a salon in her town.

DNiece9-fish tank and a beta

DNiece6-LaLaLoopsy alarm clock

DNiece1-personalized name puzzle from Lillian Vernon

I think that's everyone?

JylBean's Super Surprise almost 4 years old trip
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392268

DH & I private DL party
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3056896
CrAzY4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #858
sarahk0204
DIS Veteran

Just a few more gift cards to buy, plus finishing up DD8. Then I am down to the sewing and wrapping. I hit B&N on Friday and knocked out quite a bit. Some ordering Friday night closed that out. Lots of packages coming this week
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #859
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

I have one more gift to buy and I am all done. I am going to pick it up tonight. It is a blanket for DH's Grandmother. She just got placed in an assist living home over the weekend so I wanted to get her a nice warm soft blanket to cuddle up with.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #860
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

this post is a little early~I will be gone all day tomorrow and wont be around, so I am doing it now!

7 DAYS til CHRISTMAS

Waiting to have an afternoon with NONE of the kids so I can get stocking candy...hopefully will do it tomorrow...I am soooo behind with Christmas cards this year...I usually take a pic of the kids and have it sent no later than the first week of Dec...not doing a pic card this year and still haven't even opened the box!!! I feel bad,but we have had so much going on that I havent had anytime to work on them...

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #861
CandyMouse
Mouseketeer

Thanks again Disneymommy 3 for starting this thread! I read it every year All done and everything is wrapped. Kids start their vacation tomorrow and then we'll be baking goodies this weekend! Hubby is off next week ( Yay! ) so lots of family time. Spent more than we usually do, but this is what we got for the kids........

DD~ kindle fire and case
apples to apples sour game
laptop case (she's getting a laptop for her 16th b-day, which is also Christmas)
wireless mouse
perfume set

DS~kindle fire and case
board game
rc car- helicopter
skylander giants game
skylander character

Family gift from santa~ x-box with kinect and games ( thanks to craigslist! )

I'm very excited for the kids this year and I'm sure they're going to freak-out! lol!! DH and I don't usually do gifts for each other, but he really wanted the x-box too, so we'll all enjoy it.

Merry Christmas to all the Disney Board Disers!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #862
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

CandyMouse Thank you so much!! i haven't been as active on the thread as I have been every other year~I am working at our business more this year and time gets away!!! But I appreciate all of you who are so busy chatting and keeping it going!! I can't believe we are less than a week out!!! Every year I end up needing ONE more gift and of course, I will be out today looking for it! LOL!! I know what i need~it's for my mom,but I just have to go get it...our traffic has gotten ridiculous around our mall/shopping areas. Hope all your kiddos are ready for the break and you all have safe travels....I know several of y'all will be hitting the road today or tomorrow!

Old 12-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #863
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Glad my shopping is done. Wrapping almost finished. Since we live away from family, the boxes from everyone starting arriving. I started baking this past weekend. I made Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Crinkles, and Cookie Press Spritz Cookies. This weekend I'll be baking chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, sugar cookie cutouts and peanut butter kiss cookies, plus chocolate and pumpkin pies. I love to bake and we are going to friends house after church on Christmas Eve so that will be nice.

Now for presents, we got for our DD4 (includes Santa gifts)

Doc Mcstuffins Toys, time for your checkup doll, doctor bag, puzzles, plush and 2 T-Shirts, DOC DVD.
Unicorn Dream Lite
Merida Animator Doll, Brave DVD
Don't Break the Ice Game.
Assorted Puzzles
Books
Clothes

My MIL got her a crayola easel with all the markers crayons, books etc...

I don't know what my mother got her.

For my DS2

NY Giants Dream Lite
Play Work Bench
Wooden Train Table
Jake and the Neverland Pirates DVD
Clothes
Books
Hot Wheels Cars
Bowling Set

MIL got him a big Lego Duplo Set.

My DD is speech delayed, and my DS is delayed in more than one area. He doesn't walk on his own so getting him toys which he has to stand and play with was important.

DH and I aren't exchanging gifts since our budget went to get our cat surgery to save his life. So when the tax returns comes next year I'll get my nook (which I've wanting for 2 years now), and DH will get his model airbrush set.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #864
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Merry Christmas Everyone.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #865
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hope you all had a wonderful, blessed Christmas Day with family and friends!!! All the work has paid off!! LOL!!!

Old 12-26-2012, 04:57 PM   #866
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! My shopping this year paid off and we had a lot of happy people And, I have started on next years! Already have 4 gifts down. Yay!
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #867
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

well you go!!! Thats fantastic!! I haven't went anywhere today for fear of the traffic and crowds!!

Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #868
BDLSGAL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3
well you go!!! Thats fantastic!! I haven't went anywhere today for fear of the traffic and crowds!!
I didn't go anywhere either. Thanks to the Internet I grabbed bargains at home stress free!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #869
bas71873
DIS Veteran

LOL. Bought my first 2 gifts for Cmas 2013 today. Kroger had all the Hallmark stuff 50% off and I bought my best friend's girls the Mickey Countdown ornaments. They both also have early December birthdays and have Cmas trees in their rooms so I always get them an ornament and PJs for their bdays

ETA - guess they really aren't Cmas gifts since I give them for bdays, but it's for that time of year, so it counts

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #870
Maggie Ann
Mouseketeer

Hello! So I see that there is 137 days until Christmas 🎅. Just wondering if there is a new thread for 2013, I haven't been able to find it on the search engine.

(Me) (DH) (DD) (DS)

08/1978 - Road Trip from NY with my parents and sister (Off-Site).
01/2008 - Now I'm the parent... with the hubby, kids and my Mom too! (Windsor Hills - Nemo's Nook)
04/2009 - Contemporary Hotel with my good friend (and Disney Guru)!
09/2012 - Wilderness Lodge... DH (a/k/a the Anti-Mouse) actually suggested we go!
Maggie Ann is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: