Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #796
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
I second the travel organizer - thta's a great idea. I do have one other idea based on the comment about her being reclusive There is a company called Bebe Bella Designs and they make these fantastic lush blankets. I have given them in the toddler size as baby gifts and I have given them in the adult size to my mother, my MIL, and as wedding gifts. Every single person that I have ever given them to has fallen in love with them. The adult size throws are really generous in size - they would cover a queen size bed (with no overhang) and they are so incredibly soft and just make you want to cuddle up. I have ordered them in various colors and all have been rich in color and they don't bleed when you wash them. They are kind of expensive to start with but I usually wait for a sale and it just so happens that on Cyber Monday, they will be 70% off!! Just use code cyber70 Also, they say allow 2-4 weeks for delivery because of the high demand but I have never once had it take that long
http://www.bebebelladesigns.com/HomeAccessories.html
Thanks for the code those look heavenly!
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #797
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
Okay, I am back again for some more gift idea help I would like to get something small around $5-7 for the two little girls in my son's Kindermusik class. They are both 3. My mind is drawing a blank - can anyone help?
Sticker stuff!
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #798
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Amazon's Gold Box Deal of the Day is 50% off select Melissa & Doug toys. There are some really good deals and M & D toys are very well made.

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now

Last edited by CopperWife; 11-20-2012 at 06:27 AM. Reason: wrong link
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #799
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I have one more gift basket to order! The only hold up is getting my dh's aunt's address. With the way my dh's family is it could be New Year's before we get that address. So I'm declaring my mission to finish by Thanksgiving complete.

2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #800
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah1126 View Post
Target and Walmart have little princess dolls that are like Polly Pockets. My DD2 loves anything princess and these are just her size. I hope this helps!
Or the mini lalaloopsy dolls.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #801
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #802
Gator33
Earning My Ears

I just finished putting together an idea I had for the grandkids. I went to the craft stores on BF and bought wooden letters, small wooden shapes, paint brushes , smocks and acrylic paints. I also ordered some paintable cars, piggy banks, cupcakes, bugs etc from Oriental Trading, along with craft mats. I purchased a Craftsman tool box for DGS6 to put it in. Not sure yet what I will use for the girls boxes. My DD11 was excited and wants one too. AC moore has signs for $1 that say love, friends, etc and she loves to paint them ( and add glitter while the paint is wet)

Hope someone can use the idea.
Gator33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #803
tikilyn
DIS Veteran

Woo hoo!! I finished Christmas shopping for my dd11 (12, on 12/8) Here is her list if anyone is looking for ideas. All I need now is candy for her stocking. DS9 is almost done too!

From mom and dad:
3 areo shirts
1 areo hoodie
1 sweater dress (kohls)
3 pairs of skinny jeans
zebra bed in a bag
angry birds game
wipeout 3 for xbox game
hip hop dance xbox game
xbox head phones

from Santa
xbox kinect 4 gig, with adventures game and Disneyland game bundle
battery pack for controller
Just dance 4 game
Call of duty black ops game

Stocking stuffers
two sterling silver rings from kohls
one sterling silver earrings
6 bottles of nail polish with zebra stripped nail file and toe separator
princess bride bluray movie
2 five dollar mcd gift cards
1 five dollar subway gift card
1 ten dollar starbucks gift card
xbox points for mind craft game
1 -15.00 google play gift card

For ds9
from mom and dad
4 tee shirts
1 jean jacket
xbox head phones
assassin creed 3 for xbox
transformers game for xbox
3 pair of jeans
black ops 2
build a can robot
small lego toy 10.00

from santa
ipod touch 4th gen
video gaming rocker chair
Darth Vader clock
men in black xbox game
stocking
ipod case
15.00 itunes gift card
skyrimm game for xbox
aero cologne
and same gift cards as dd except google play.
tikilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #804
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikilyn View Post
Woo hoo!! I finished Christmas shopping for my dd11 (12, on 12/8) Here is her list if anyone is looking for ideas. All I need now is candy for her stocking. DS9 is almost done too!

From mom and dad:
3 areo shirts
1 areo hoodie
1 sweater dress (kohls)
3 pairs of skinny jeans
zebra bed in a bag
angry birds game
wipeout 3 for xbox game
hip hop dance xbox game
xbox head phones

from Santa
xbox kinect 4 gig, with adventures game and Disneyland game bundle
battery pack for controller
Just dance 4 game
Call of duty black ops game

Stocking stuffers
two sterling silver rings from kohls
one sterling silver earrings
6 bottles of nail polish with zebra stripped nail file and toe separator
princess bride bluray movie
2 five dollar mcd gift cards
1 five dollar subway gift card
1 ten dollar starbucks gift card
xbox points for mind craft game
1 -15.00 google play gift card

For ds9
from mom and dad
4 tee shirts
1 jean jacket
xbox head phones
assassin creed 3 for xbox
transformers game for xbox
3 pair of jeans
black ops 2
build a can robot
small lego toy 10.00

from santa
ipod touch 4th gen
video gaming rocker chair
Darth Vader clock
men in black xbox game
stocking
ipod case
15.00 itunes gift card
skyrimm game for xbox
aero cologne
and same gift cards as dd except google play.
Good job!! I feel like I'll never be done. I saw a great deal someone posted on the budget board today, joann.com has smash journals and accessories on sale and there's a free ship no minimum code on their home page. I picked up a journal and a bunch of accessories for DD16 for $23.xx.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:03 PM   #805
ehough
Mouseketeer

I am so close to being done! I need an idea from DH's grandma, and I have to pick up some mock turtlenecks that FIL asked for, and then I'm done!

Today I bought FIL a salt sampler pack from World Market, on a whim...he fancies himself a good cook and is really into gourmet food, so I hope he'll appreciate it (though normally when I go out in a limb like this, it bites me in the butt). http://www.worldmarket.com/product/s...ler,+5+pack.do

Then for his girlfriend- she just retired a month ago and has several trips planned. But she isn't really a seasoned traveler. So I bought her a nice sleep mask, a clear toiletry bag + clear 3 oz bottles for getting toiletries through security, and a travel alarm clock. Hopefully she at least pretends to like it.
Proud mommy to DD (5.5) and DS (4) and #3 due 2-14-14
ehough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #806
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I got some good bargains at Walmart on Black Friday. It wasnt too crazy and things were all opened and ready to grab well before 8pm. We got everything we wanted, yea!

On Amazon I ordered DH a Xbox and Kinect with the 2 games and a 3 month gold subscription to Xbox live. Then today I found the Avengers Xbox game he wanted on Amazon for 29.99 vs. 49.99. I love bargains! I think I am going to get him an older version of Halo and Call of Duty and see which one he really likes before we spend 60 bucks on one he may or may not like. We have a Wii and a PS3, but we are new to Xbox.

My 3 year old is begging Santa for a jump house, and I found the Little Tikes Jump and Slide Bounce House at Walmart for 200. It was 220 I think at Toys R Us. I went to go buy it today and it was down to 180 at Walmart! Woot!!!
All I have to get her is an Our Generation doll and she is done.

My 9 year old is done with the exception of my (hopefully) big order at American Girl tonight. I am really hoping for some awesome deals.

My 11 year old is almost done but she is a few gifts behind. I may just get her a few extra AG things tonight so her and her sisters all have the same amount of gifts to open on Christmas. She is usually really easy to buy for but for some reason she is harder this year. I may get her the Project Runway Fashion design set at Toys R Us. I would love to get her a real full size dress manequin but man, they aren't cheap.

The baby is done. My kids have huge 3 1/2 ft. stocking and I only have a few small toys to put in hers. So..... Santa is bringing diapers and wipes and yogurt melts and things like that for her. Mean Santa......

My hubbys job finally released him so he could come home for a few days before he starts his new job. He is in Minnesota now, has to drive back here to Florida and be in North Carolina for work on Dec. 3rd! It will be busy but atleast we will be able to put the tree up as a family. 6 more months and we will be back together all under one roof. Its the BEST Christmas gift I could ever ask for. He travels for work and is away from home 7-9 months a year. At his new job he will be home every night. It is such a blessing!

Has everyone decorated yet and have their trees up?
Old 11-25-2012, 06:41 PM   #807
hineshm
4 the luv of Mickey

What a weekend! I was able to purchase the rest of my gifts. Can say that I am done with the exception of my mother in law. I have no idea what to give her.
Got my dd18 a gift card tree for her big gift. Other gifts include sewing machine case on rollers, pjs, panties, perfume, dvds, an outfit, caboodles hair box.
For dd12 a 32 in tv and wall mount. Other gifts: itunes gift card, portable ipod speakers, panties, dvd, art set, purse, tuner and cleaning kit for her trumpet.
For hubby: rifle scope, boxers and undershirts, sunglasses, captian america t-shirt and jeans, avengers dvd.
Next weekend I will wrap!
hineshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #808
glk2009
Mouseketeer

Discovered this (http://shop.littlebits.com/) and had to share because it just seems like the coolest thing! Too bad I don't have anyone over 8 yrs old on my list!

We bought "Don't let the pigeon finish this activity book" for DD4 and our two nephews (6,4). We love Mo Willems!

And for our DD's birthday, we found a beginner's telescope for her since she loves to look at the stars.

Not quite done yet, but close. I really need to organize my lists to see how much I really have left.

Happy Almost Cyber Monday!
glk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 AM   #809
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

mother pucker -- tried to get stuff on the AG site's cyber monday sale (which started a couple minutes early). Tried to get 3 dresses. Had to go recheck out EACH time because each time I would get close to checking out, one of them would be sold out. I'd thrown in some stuff for my niece's birthday in July but really was after the outfits for my DD. Once those were gone, I was done. And I type 126wpm! Madness.

ETA: and under the "random yet happy" file, I just happened to check back. The formal dress which they were clearing out from last year had been "sold out" but when I went back, it was in stock. Uh, okay. Snagged it and now have a nice dress for one of her dolls from Santa. Woohoo!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )

Last edited by Pesky; 11-26-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #810
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by glk2009 View Post
Discovered this (http://shop.littlebits.com/) and had to share because it just seems like the coolest thing! Too bad I don't have anyone over 8 yrs old on my list!
!
Thank you!!! I just ordered the Holiday Kit ($40, but$61.36 once you factor in tax and shipping) for my 14 year old son.

If you're interested, order soon, since the my kit will ship from CHINA in 3 days.

I tried finding a coupon online, with no luck.

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: