Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #676
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY4DL View Post
So I need some suggestions if possible. I'm making all 3 of my daughters (13, 9, 2) dinosaur hoodies for Christmas, DD9 a Monster High house and DD2 2 quiet books. DD13, I'm stumped! I'm not a fantastic sew-er and am having a super hard time figuring out something to "make" her. Would appreciate any ideas! Thanks for your time, and for any and all suggestions.

She likes dinosaurs, mustaches, Percy Jackson/Twilight/Heroes of Olympus books, just recently got a Chromebook, has an iTouch and a Kindle, loves to play softball and cook.
Hmm, I'm not very crafty so I'm not sure how hard they would be, but what about a Kindle cover or an apron?

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #677
goldies 5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephany View Post
Our Costco has them for $22.99 if anyone's looking and is a member.
I agree costco is a better deal, unfortunatley they don't have the Cinderella's Horse dreamlite. It is only at Toys r us.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #678
mrs.sammich
Mouseketeer

I have been reading through this thread for a while now. I love checking on everyone's progress and all the great ideas everyone posts. I also love the feeling of getting some shopping done! Today we picked up the 3ds for DS8 and a game for it. I got the WDW monorail for DS4 last week online and a lego set. My goal is to have all the shopping done before we head to WDW in three weeks. I feel great about the large stuff being crossed off!

mrs.sammich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #679
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hi ladies!! cleaning in our house and outside today! Garage, pool cover-up, all the stuff we need to do before we leave next week!! I have made quite a bit of headway on my kids wish lists this week...I am soooo woefully behind (for me!) that it's outrageous. I am ALWAYS completely finished shopping by Oct 1. For everyone except my grandparents and thats because I go in with my mom and uncle for their gift. Not so this round...but my dd did find a couple of cute small things for her room she wanted to add, so that is great...I hope to order all the stuff that will be shipped this week and it'll come in while I am away and my mom can hide it!! She's housesitting and this works out perfectly!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #680
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY4DL View Post
So I need some suggestions if possible. I'm making all 3 of my daughters (13, 9, 2) dinosaur hoodies for Christmas, DD9 a Monster High house and DD2 2 quiet books. DD13, I'm stumped! I'm not a fantastic sew-er and am having a super hard time figuring out something to "make" her. Would appreciate any ideas! Thanks for your time, and for any and all suggestions.

She likes dinosaurs, mustaches, Percy Jackson/Twilight/Heroes of Olympus books, just recently got a Chromebook, has an iTouch and a Kindle, loves to play softball and cook.
Why not an apron? They sell plain ones at Hobby Lobby or Jo Ann's, and you can embelish or iron on whatever you want!

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #681
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Hi ladies!! cleaning in our house and outside today! Garage, pool cover-up, all the stuff we need to do before we leave next week!! I have made quite a bit of headway on my kids wish lists this week...I am soooo woefully behind (for me!) that it's outrageous. I am ALWAYS completely finished shopping by Oct 1. For everyone except my grandparents and thats because I go in with my mom and uncle for their gift. Not so this round...but my dd did find a couple of cute small things for her room she wanted to add, so that is great...I hope to order all the stuff that will be shipped this week and it'll come in while I am away and my mom can hide it!! She's housesitting and this works out perfectly!
Have a magical vacation!!!! I hope you're able to enjoy the new fantasyland!

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #682
ladybug0506
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al View Post
Alright, help me out here please. I have an 11 year old DSD that LOVES history but has not had much exposure beyond social studies class. What can I get her for Christmas that she would love?
On another front, what's everyone getting their fathers? He's the one I always stress over until December 24th and then end up running out and getting a gift card. Would love to be more stress free this year.
Has she seen the show 'How The States Got Their Shapes'? If not, you should check it out. They are in season 2 right now but Season 1 just came out on DVD so that might be something cool for her. It teaches a lot of little known facts about the states and it is really interesting. Like I said, season 2 just started so you can find it on the History Channel and preview an episode and see if it might be something she would like. Here is a link to the first season on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/How-States-Got.../dp/B005ELVCDY
ladybug0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #683
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

You could give her a subscription to a history or social studies magazine published by Cricket. They are well written, engaging and advertising free. Kids love getting mail.
tcufrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #684
FirstTimeCruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldies 5 View Post
I agree costco is a better deal, unfortunatley they don't have the Cinderella's Horse dreamlite. It is only at Toys r us.

In the Toys R Us big toy book, it looks like only the giraffe is a dreamlite. Is the Cinderella's Horse just a regular pillow pet, or is it the dreamlite?

Thanks! These pillow pets are so cute!!
FirstTimeCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #685
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeCruiser View Post
In the Toys R Us big toy book, it looks like only the giraffe is a dreamlite. Is the Cinderella's Horse just a regular pillow pet, or is it the dreamlite?

We were just at Toys R Us yesterday and I only saw the cinderella horse in a pillow pet and did not see it in a dreamlite. But I suppose it could be in other stores?

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #686
goldies 5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeCruiser View Post

Well that's what I get for shopping in the middle of the night. It is a pillow pet. But I am going to keep my order, still think it is cute. Would of been a lot cuter if it had lights. well thanks for straightening that out for me, I would of been in shock when it's delivered.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #687
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirly girls View Post
We have this, and I love it it's beautiful.

What coupon did Disney store have last week? I must of missed it.
I'm so excited to get it!

It was a 25% off Parks Merch
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Last edited by moonpie85; 11-04-2012 at 06:15 AM.
moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #688
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldies 5 View Post
Oh pooie, my store said they aren't getting them this year. Only the Cinderella Horse Pillow Pet

EDIT: I read further down and see what happened LOL..too funny

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #689
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Oh but I did find a really cute Cinderella slipper pillow while I was searching for the dreamlite! It's so cute, I had to pick one up. That jewel on top of the slipper lights up too

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=13273971

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #690
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone. Sorry haven't been on lately. Trying to catch up on posts. My FIL suddenly passed 2 weeks ago and we've been crazy busy with everything. Well my DD4 (who is speech delayed) is finally telling me what she wants Santa to bring her. She wants Doc McStuffins Toys so I guess I will be picking up some of that. BJ's had a cute set with a doll, not sure price. I am going to look at Target and Toys R Us to see what I like better.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: