Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #616
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I just found my (adult sized) ds16 a really cool star wars shirt at Walmart...marked $8.97, but when they scanned it, it was $5. A nice little gift or stocking stuffer if anyone has a SW fan and needs one!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #617
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al View Post
For anyone that is crafty, I just saw clear plastic 'ball' ornaments at ACMoore for $1 a piece. I know before I could only find glass ones and with 2 little ones, that was just not going to happen!
Cute idea!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #618
Mariellen102
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know does the disneystore.com have a black friday sale or cyber monday sale regarding disney parks merchandise?! We are going to be in disney for christmas and would love to get a few things on sale prior to going lol bc i know down there it will not be on sale!!
Mariellen102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #619
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Completely done with one kid. When you buy an AG doll and a few outfits, the budget is gone fast!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #620
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
Completely done with one kid. When you buy an AG doll and a few outfits, the budget is gone fast!
No Kidding! LOL!! My dd decided she didn't want any AG stuff this year,..kinda makes me sad, but she has a lot of stuff already and she is reaaaaaally wanting an Ipod,..so we are probably gonna be ordering that this week.. I will have to order some Legos and would like to time it so all of it will come in while we are gone and my mom can get it...she's housesitting...that would work out wonderfully!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #621
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes it is! Which is why I can NEVER stick to my budget! And this year, I have gone WAY, WAY over. NOt so much money wise. I've done good shopping all year and grabbing stuff on sale, but "stuff" wise. I just like a ton of loot under the tree and all set up for Christmas morning. I'm pretty sure I love the presentation WAY more than DD does. Although, she's always happy and giddy over everything!

Funny story. DD wants Julie, so she's ordered (free shipping) and upstairs in my secret hiding place. Also on the list was Julie's car....which is $300!!!!!! I reminded DD when she was making her list from the AG catalog that Santa can't bring it all and then I slipped and commented about how expensive the car is and of course, her comeback was something along the lines of Santa's elves making it and not having to BUY anything. UGH! She's still not getting it. It's too big for Santa's sleigh!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #622
bitty246
Compulsive lurker since 2008

My son also asks for things that are waaaay outside my budget. He uses the old "Santa" card too. He's also noticing all the toy ads and catalogues coming to us. I told him Santa has a warehouse just like Target and those pricey toys may not be in stock!! So far he's buying it! Lol
bitty246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #623
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Funny story. DD wants Julie, so she's ordered (free shipping) and upstairs in my secret hiding place. Also on the list was Julie's car....which is $300!!!!!! I reminded DD when she was making her list from the AG catalog that Santa can't bring it all and then I slipped and commented about how expensive the car is and of course, her comeback was something along the lines of Santa's elves making it and not having to BUY anything. UGH! She's still not getting it. It's too big for Santa's sleigh!
That car was on my dd's list too. Oh well, she knows by now we don't always get everything we want. She is so excited about getting an AG doll. This is the first time she has ever shown any interest in dolls. My MIL came over and she showed her the catalog and told her about how much she wanted an AG doll for Christmas. My MIL told her she was being ridiculous and she would never play with any of that stuff. She made a big stink over it and told my dd she was definintely NOT getting her any of that stuff for Christmas. She wasn't asking her Grandma to buy any of it and I pointed that out to her but it really hurt dd's feelings. She keeps telling my dd she shouldn't ask for any more toys because she is 10 now.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #624
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That car was on my dd's list too. Oh well, she knows by now we don't always get everything we want. She is so excited about getting an AG doll. This is the first time she has ever shown any interest in dolls. My MIL came over and she showed her the catalog and told her about how much she wanted an AG doll for Christmas. My MIL told her she was being ridiculous and she would never play with any of that stuff. She made a big stink over it and told my dd she was definintely NOT getting her any of that stuff for Christmas. She wasn't asking her Grandma to buy any of it and I pointed that out to her but it really hurt dd's feelings. She keeps telling my dd she shouldn't ask for any more toys because she is 10 now.
My DD9 NEVER touched any kind of doll, EVER, until she asked for an AG doll about 2 weeks before Christmas 2010. We got her one of the Target knock offs to see if she'd really play with it and she did. She and her friends play all the time and she quickly figured out hers was a "fake", but she still plays with her. She then got Kinani for her 8th birthday in 2011 and then a look like me doll last year from Santa. This year she wants Julie and I'm good with that. I say let them be little girls and play with toys as long as they want too! They grow up way too fast. We don't do a ton of AG accessories because I find stuff cheaper and still made well elsewhere, but she is getting a few things to go with Julie.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #625
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think Grandma needs another topic of conversation. My dd will be 10 in a couple of weeks. She still wants AG stuff and toys. What is wrong with letting them be in children as long as they can?
Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #626
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariellen102 View Post
Does anyone know does the disneystore.com have a black friday sale or cyber monday sale regarding disney parks merchandise?! We are going to be in disney for christmas and would love to get a few things on sale prior to going lol bc i know down there it will not be on sale!!
Disney store has. 25% off park merchandise today ! Plus free shipping on orders over $75

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013
Me , DH , DS (14), DD (13), DD (8), DD (6)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #627
Cinderelly5507
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ever purchased CHARM IT! charms or bracelets? I'm looking for a charm bracelet for my DD5. TIA!
Cinderelly5507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 PM   #628
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I say let them be little girls and play with toys as long as they want too! They grow up way too fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I think Grandma needs another topic of conversation. My dd will be 10 in a couple of weeks. She still wants AG stuff and toys. What is wrong with letting them be in children as long as they can?
Exactly! DD9's (will be 10 by Christmas) list is full of AG stuff and Lalaloopsy dolls. Her best friend, on the other hand, gave up dolls years ago. Each child is different and frankly, I'm sure in a year or two she'll be no longer interested in toys and it'll all be electronics or clothes. For now, I'm just glad that she still wants to play and use her imagination.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 AM   #629
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I didn't know you were married to my brother! lol...you just described my mother completely!
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #630
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes it is! Which is why I can NEVER stick to my budget! And this year, I have gone WAY, WAY over. NOt so much money wise. I've done good shopping all year and grabbing stuff on sale, but "stuff" wise. I just like a ton of loot under the tree and all set up for Christmas morning. I'm pretty sure I love the presentation WAY more than DD does. Although, she's always happy and giddy over everything!
This is me!
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: