Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #46
MarriedToAPrince
DIS Veteran

I am going to jump in. I have been using and app on my iPhone called Santa's Bag that allows you to set a budget and then add all the people you are buying for and add the gifts and the cost to help you stay in budget. This year my daughter will be 5 for Xmas and I have already purchased a few American Girl things for her. I have McKenna's bed, McKenna's bars set and the crutches set as well. I was afraid they would not be available come Xmas time. Other then that I haven't purchased anything else.

We are thinking about doing baskets for the couples we buy for with homemade lotions, soaps, lip balms, cookies, and ornaments.

9/2000-offsite; 6/2003-All Star Sports-Our Honeymoon; 5/2005-Caribbean Beach; 9/2006-Pop Century; 5/2007-Port Orleans Riverside our baby girl; 9-10/2010-Pop Century-Chaeli's 1st Trip and 3rd Birthday Celebration!; 8/2012-Coronado Springs, 8/2014-Art of Animation
MarriedToAPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #47
grumpy&princess
DIS Veteran

Our kids are getting the trip to Disney as their present from santa. So this year I have no gifts to buy other than to make stuff for them for the trip. And we will be there on Christmas and have reservations at CP for an early dinner.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #48
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedToAPrince View Post
I am going to jump in. I have been using and app on my iPhone called Santa's Bag that allows you to set a budget and then add all the people you are buying for and add the gifts and the cost to help you stay in budget. This year my daughter will be 5 for Xmas and I have already purchased a few American Girl things for her. I have McKenna's bed, McKenna's bars set and the crutches set as well. I was afraid they would not be available come Xmas time. Other then that I haven't purchased anything else.

We are thinking about doing baskets for the couples we buy for with homemade lotions, soaps, lip balms, cookies, and ornaments.
That sounds like a super cool app!!! Love the basket idea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy&princess View Post
Our kids are getting the trip to Disney as their present from santa. So this year I have no gifts to buy other than to make stuff for them for the trip. And we will be there on Christmas and have reservations at CP for an early dinner.
What a great Christmas present!! Way to go Santa!! LOL!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #49
princesscate
Mouseketeer

Subbing! I haven't even thought about Christmas yet! But I'm always interested in everyone's great ideas!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #50
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscate View Post
Subbing! I haven't even thought about Christmas yet! But I'm always interested in everyone's great ideas!
Glad to have you! Hope you get some inspiration from us..lots of great ideas already!

Old 07-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #51
kymmyk13
DIS Veteran

I always love this thread. I have aleady bought DD7several gifts from Kmarts toy sale and from the disney store sale. I also have her pajamas. She wants a laptop this year, so if we get her that I am almost done with her.

DD21 I have already bought her several DVDs that she wants and she is also asking for a kindle and a couple of other high dollar items but we will have to see, her laptop died a couple of days ago, so I am getting her a new one next week and that kinda of hurts the budget a little.

Inlaws I am going to make them a basket of homemade jams & jellies, because they love to try new ones and they really don't need anything.

Nephews & neice are getting gcs.

I printed a chocolate chip cookie cookbook off of goosebery patch yesterday which has 25 diff. recipes, I think I am going to make several diff. kinds and make trays up for friends.

I want to be done by black friday this year. We will see.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #52
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

I too need to and want to cut back this year. The last 2 years my girls have gotten everything they asked for. This year I want to make Christmas more about family and friends, baking and crafting.

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Peace Mickey Lovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #53
bas71873
DIS Veteran

I got my new Family Fun magazine yesterday and saw an ad for this site www.ajscollection.com. I think I will be getting my mom a necklace with all the grandkids names on them (and I'm going to email my DH and drop a big hint for myself too ).

I also stumbled on the reuseit.com website while fiddling around on pinterest and a few people might be getting the reusable grocery cart size totes!

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #54
21hearts
I <3 Walt Disney World

I'm joining in. I joined last year but couldn't keep up with the thread. I'm hoping I'll be able to this year.

The only gift that is a "must have" so far is a Pink LeapPad for our daughter. Our local Wal-Mart has them in stock pretty often now so I think either pay day in August or September we are going to pick it up.

Besides that I have no idea what to get for anyone else. I do want to start picking up things on sale here and there to put away.

21hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #55
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21hearts View Post
I'm joining in. I joined last year but couldn't keep up with the thread. I'm hoping I'll be able to this year.

The only gift that is a "must have" so far is a Pink LeapPad for our daughter. Our local Wal-Mart has them in stock pretty often now so I think either pay day in August or September we are going to pick it up.

Besides that I have no idea what to get for anyone else. I do want to start picking up things on sale here and there to put away.
Sorry you couldn't keep up last year!! I think it was the year before that I couldn't keep up either!!! Too much was going on!! And isn't Walmart offering lay-a-way again? That might be an idea for those who have to space it all out---at least it won't get picked over.....

Old 07-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #56
grumpy&princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Sorry you couldn't keep up last year!! I think it was the year before that I couldn't keep up either!!! Too much was going on!! And isn't Walmart offering lay-a-way again? That might be an idea for those who have to space it all out---at least it won't get picked over.....
They only offer it at christmas time and not for everything in the store only certain departments and items worth over $15. Wish they would keep the layaway and have all department.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #57
troane522
Earning My Ears

Hello all!! I usually lurk over @ the budget board but I love all things Christmas!!! I haven't started shopping yet; I am compiling items for my list though.

I use my iPhone app Santa's Little Helper to track gifts and my budget for DH and our 4 children. We also have Christmas club accounts that will be available Oct 1st; that's about half of our budget there. I mainly shop on Amazon (gotta love Prime) and yes I am out on Black Friday
troane522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #58
BeveMom
Mouseketeer

DS's b-day is 11 days before Christmas, so we always have extra shopping to do, but like many of you, we are also cutting back. Right now, he's in to legos. This has been pretty consistent (and increasing in intensity) for the last 6-7 months, so I'm pretty confident that we can do those for Christmas. Other than that, I'm thinking a Dizzy Disc (a sit and spin for older kids - good for some sensory issues!), and I don't know what else. We already picked up holiday PJs at the Disney store on clearance a couple of months ago.
BeveMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #59
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Hope you all don't mind if I join you, but this thread is great!!! I have a 3 year old dd, she'll be 4 by the time Christmas rolls around, and I have no idea where to start. I am going to really try to cut down on gifts this year as well because I always buy way to much. My problem is that I love the shopping, the wrapping, and the decorating, but when the time comes to put it all away after Christmas, I literally want to rip my hair out We have one big gift that we know were getting dd, so that will only leave a few small things to buy like a few toys and movies, but still, i'm lost on where to start this year.

I have been on the petit jury for the past 4 months and even though I wasnt' thrilled to be picked to do it, I have earned a nice sum of "extra money" that I am going to take along with us on our trip to disney and hopefully pick up a few Christmas gifts while i'm there..considering it would go toward holiday shopping anyway

I wanted to add that dd's birthday is November 5th, so ontop of holiday shopping, i've got to get motivated for her birthday as well.

Last edited by Kristian; 07-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #60
ckwats
Earning My Ears

I am with everyone- Cutting back this year!! I told the kids Santa is not going to bring any toys. LOL With what I buy and then the family it is crazy. Half of the stuff they never play with. But like one poster I love the shopping and everything that goes with it. My kids are 5 and will be 3. I like what one poster put about it being more family than about all the stuff.
ckwats is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: