Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #571
goldies 5
DIS Veteran

Usally Amazon has a buy 1 get one 50% in November for video games. One year I noticed it started on Halloween.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #572
4HOLIDAYS
DIS Veteran

So I finally got one item off my list- HSN had the soda stream s the daily special and I was looking for one for b&s-in-law. Good price, free shipping.

My mom wants an apple TV , my DH says they are price fixed and never go onsale. We have a bus acct with a bunch of electroic vendors, distribs, even best buy and hhgregg so I can get tax free but that's it so far. Anyone know of any Apple sales for them, or a way to get at a dicount, like 15% off somewhere?
4HOLIDAYS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #573
Tinkerbell58
DIS Veteran

Fyi

I got "The Great Big Toys R Us Book" in today's paper.
Tinkerbell58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #574
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I found a great site for North Face jackets: http://www.altrec.com

I just ordered 3 for $142.

I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #575
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hey girls!! Christmas is:

8 WEEKS & 2 DAYS

or

58 DAYS AWAY!!

So,...how many of y'all are decorating yet?!!! I am holding out for after Halloween....then I have a meeting here Thursday night so there is no way it's getting done before then...I am thinking that next Monday...the 5th...I will be cleaning like a crazy lady this week and next weekend anyway in prep for our VACATION!!! So,. Monday when my Hubs is at work, I will start!!! It will take most of the day to do the tree, but then I can do the other stuff the next day,...I will leave my fall wreath on the door while we are gone, and our pumpkins outside,but when we come back it'll all get changed out,...I just want all the Christmas stuff finished inside so I don't have to do ANYTHING with it when we get back! Thats when I focus on our goody-basket-baking prep and gifts for friends ...also, my ds will be 17 that first week of December, so I have to get him to decide what he wants to do....
Anyhoo....it's getting pretty chilly down here this weekend!! Hope all of you are warm and cozy. And those of you in Sandy's path be safe and keep us posted if you can!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #576
Princess_Meghan <3
DIS Veteran

I've officially started shopping!

I was in urban outfitters and found a camera disguised as an orange juice box on clearance- it takes photos and has different weird effects on them. My sister loves photography, and I figured this would be a fun camera to add to her collection. The best part is it was on clearance for $10 from $34! I just need to get some film for it, now!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #577
prayx
Earning My Ears

I put up one of my trees today! We are going to Disney in a few weeks and I won't have time. Don't know where the energy is from, but I'm behind in everything else.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #578
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Well add me to the list of every year I say I will cut back and every year I fail! In my defense we went through so many tearful Christmas mornings wishing we had a little one when we couldn't so now that we do it's just hard not to go overboard.

So DD2 has tucked away...
Bell Animator Doll
Little People Spaceship (70% off Target clearance)
Disney Princess Songs Book
Super Grover (70% off Target clearance)
Sneezing Ernie (70% off Target clearance)
Vtech ABC Classroom (70% off Target clearance)
Pink Bubble Mower
American Girl Bitty Baby
Disney Princess Leappad 2 Bundle
Huge Tinkerbell Coloring Book
Miss Spider Flashflight
A Rody (sooooo excited about this one!)
Bath crayon set

Then I picked up some stickers, glow in the dark stars, and toddler crayons for her stocking.

I really need to work on DH. He's tough!
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

Last edited by moonpie85; 10-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.
moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #579
Terry36
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
I was wondering the same thing about the Toys R Us video Game sale as I have a few Wii games I need to pick up. I would hate to buy and a better deal comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldies 5 View Post
Usally Amazon has a buy 1 get one 50% in November for video games. One year I noticed it started on Halloween.
Thanks.

Target has their B2 get 1 Free sale on all video games this week!
Terry36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #580
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
So,...how many of y'all are decorating yet?!!! I am holding out for after Halloween....then I have a meeting here Thursday night so there is no way it's getting done before then...I am thinking that next Monday...the 5th...I will be cleaning like a crazy lady this week and next weekend anyway in prep for our VACATION!!! So,. Monday when my Hubs is at work, I will start!!! It will take most of the day to do the tree, but then I can do the other stuff the next day,...I will leave my fall wreath on the door while we are gone, and our pumpkins outside,but when we come back it'll all get changed out,...I just want all the Christmas stuff finished inside so I don't have to do ANYTHING with it when we get back! Thats when I focus on our goody-basket-baking prep and gifts for friends ...also, my ds will be 17 that first week of December, so I have to get him to decide what he wants to do....
Anyhoo....it's getting pretty chilly down here this weekend!! Hope all of you are warm and cozy. And those of you in Sandy's path be safe and keep us posted if you can!!! [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Probably not going to start putting out Christmas stuff until after Thanksgiving. DH's family is coming so I'll have 7 extra people in the house. I have to move a chair to put up our new Christmas tree so will wait until most everyone leaves which will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Probably put the tree up then. Can't wait -- it's our first prelit one!

Meantime, anyone looking at the "I like" books, they are on sale. Retailmenot has a 40% off coupon! Going to go pick up a lip gloss making kit with a coupon I have so will have our niece on DH's side finally done. We also picked up some GCs at Costco for his parents so aside from some stocking stuffers, I am done with his parents! Whew! Only have left whoever we draw from the name draw on his side which will be on the 1st.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #581
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

I am always amazed how folks can get their shopping done early. My kids don't even know what they want. (Dd 9 (will be 10 in a month) and ds is 5 (will be 6 in a month)). I did score a preorder on the Wii U this past Wednesday.

Dd had mentioned she would like the Wii U. In the end if she doesn't want it, I can return it or sell it to someone else.

So, if anyone has some great ideas, I would love to hear them.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #582
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I understand what you mean. My kids are already in the holiday mode with all the new toys out. But, I flipped this weekend when my dd who was nearly in tears wanting an AG doll said she changed her mind. Of course what she wanted was absurd but a perfect example of why I should save my receipts. I have a huge box full of AG I just ordered.

Today I bought her a smash book with the 50% coupon at Michaels. I'm hoping to be done with most of the kid stuff this week.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #583
prayx
Earning My Ears

I scored some toys at toys r us this morning. Got my dd2 the doc mcstuffins doll and doctor bag, wheelies park toy, and Thomas the train rc car. I think I'm done with her, but now for the rest of the family!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #584
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie85 View Post
Well add me to the list of every year I say I will cut back and every year I fail! In my defense we went through so many tearful Christmas mornings wishing we had a little one when we couldn't so now that we do it's just hard not to go overboard.

I can relate to this -- we had 8 of those Christmases before we finally got our DD2. This is the first year she will really appreciate Christmas and I am so excited I've been shopping for weeks already.
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #585
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEsq View Post
I can relate to this -- we had 8 of those Christmases before we finally got our DD2. This is the first year she will really appreciate Christmas and I am so excited I've been shopping for weeks already.
Our daughter turned 2 in July. So we are in the exact same boat
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: