Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #511
ehough
Mouseketeer

Joining you all here- I love Christmas shopping! Just yesterday I finished for my kids...I actually thought I was done, but then DD (4.5) started talking about how Santa was going to bring her a Nintendo DS. Santa hadn't planned on that, but I think it's a good investment, so I went ahead and bought a DSi last night. Kohl's sells DS games and they're on sale this week, so combined with 30% off and free shipping, they were $15 each!

Her other gifts are just a big mix of things I found on clearance at various stores- Strawberry Shortcake toys, electric drum kit, Barbie Puppy Water Park, Lalaloopsy school bus, and a Razor scooter I got on Craigslist for $5. DS is 3 and he's also getting a $5 scooter, a Switch and Go dinosaur, a monster truck, and I bought 5 costumes from Once Upon a Child which I will put in a Rubbermaid container for his "dress up trunk"- he doesn't have to wear dresses anymore!

They also have a few combined gifts- digital camera from Target clearance, a butterfly garden, and the game Tip It (which I loved as a kid!). DH wants to get them a fish and they will flip, but obviously that's a last minute purchase.

For the other kids in my life, I got my niece the Little People Princess Palace for $35 at Toys R Us. I got both nephews toys they requested at Walmart, so they're done! DH and I are getting a Nexus "from Santa", so he's done too.

I still have several adults to buy for, but that just has to wait for wish lists. I used to buy what I thought they might like but after several rude experiences with the ILs, I gave up. I will only buy what they ask for, it's not worth my time or effort (or hurt feelings!).
Proud mommy to DD (5.5) and DS (4) and #3 due 2-14-14
ehough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #512
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehough View Post
Joining you all here- I love Christmas shopping! Just yesterday I finished for my kids...I actually thought I was done, but then DD (4.5) started talking about how Santa was going to bring her a Nintendo DS. Santa hadn't planned on that, but I think it's a good investment, so I went ahead and bought a DSi last night. Kohl's sells DS games and they're on sale this week, so combined with 30% off and free shipping, they were $15 each!

Her other gifts are just a big mix of things I found on clearance at various stores- Strawberry Shortcake toys, electric drum kit, Barbie Puppy Water Park, Lalaloopsy school bus, and a Razor scooter I got on Craigslist for $5. DS is 3 and he's also getting a $5 scooter, a Switch and Go dinosaur, a monster truck, and I bought 5 costumes from Once Upon a Child which I will put in a Rubbermaid container for his "dress up trunk"- he doesn't have to wear dresses anymore!

They also have a few combined gifts- digital camera from Target clearance, a butterfly garden, and the game Tip It (which I loved as a kid!). DH wants to get them a fish and they will flip, but obviously that's a last minute purchase.

For the other kids in my life, I got my niece the Little People Princess Palace for $35 at Toys R Us. I got both nephews toys they requested at Walmart, so they're done! DH and I are getting a Nexus "from Santa", so he's done too.

I still have several adults to buy for, but that just has to wait for wish lists. I used to buy what I thought they might like but after several rude experiences with the ILs, I gave up. I will only buy what they ask for, it's not worth my time or effort (or hurt feelings!).
Just a tip about the butterfly garden, you might want to hold onto it until spring because they won't be able to use it until then, you have to send away for the butterflies and they can't mail them until it warms up some. But my kids had one and they loved watching them grow.

Great job on the scooters! My DS8 has outgrown his bike and I keep scouring craigslist looking for one for him because he's so hard on them, so far I haven't found one, but I still have time.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #513
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I finally got started on DD16. I bought her a pillow pet and a DS game she wants. She's asking for Snap Circuits, she started playing with her brother's one day and now she's really into them so I might get her a set. I'm holding off until Black Friday to get her a suitcase hoping to find a deal. I found some hanging toiletry bags at Walmart that I liked so I think I'll get her one of those, too.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:58 PM   #514
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
I can't remember. Do the AG boxes that come to house have AG all over them? I need to place an order and if it does I need to send to my mom's house
Last time I ordered from AG, the return address said it was from American girl and I am almost sure there was red print on the side that said American girl. It used to say from Plesant Comany on the return address label, but they are no longer owned by them and Mattel owns AG now. To be safe you may want to send it to Grandmas house if its not to big a hassle.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #515
ehough
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
Just a tip about the butterfly garden, you might want to hold onto it until spring because they won't be able to use it until then, you have to send away for the butterflies and they can't mail them until it warms up some. But my kids had one and they loved watching them grow.

Oh gosh, thanks for the reminder! I think I will hold off until Easter- a much better occasion for that!
Proud mommy to DD (5.5) and DS (4) and #3 due 2-14-14
ehough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #516
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I am getting some things accomplised finally. I am so excited for Christmas and I can't wait to decorate!

If anyone is buying McKenna American Girl doll of the year, you had better order soon. I just ordered 2 of the McKenna collections that come with the doll, accessories, 2 books and extra outfits. Almost everything is backordered until Nov. 7th and some things until Dec. 3rd or something like that.

So far I have.....

11dd
Lightup makeupcase that you can plug your mp3 player into
Glitter trunk to hold all her Monster High stuff
Rochelle Goyle Monster High Doll
American Girl McKenna and accsessories and outfits
Jewlery
Hunger Games movie books
Barbie Star Doll
Justice Pj's
Justice Backrest pillow
Mini locker
Flip video camera

9dd
Lightup makeupcase that you can plug your mp3 player into
Glitter trunk to hold all her Monster High stuff
Cupid Monster High Doll
American Girl McKenna and accsessories and outfits
Jewlery
Barbie with a Scooter
Barbie Star Doll
2 outfits
Justice Backrest pillow
Mini locker
Gymnastics Barbie
Flip video camera

3dd
Tag Reader
3 Tag Books
Melissa and Doug foot cutting set
Bride Barbie
Groom Barbie
Leapfrog Scribble Writer
Leapfrog Letter Factory Phonics
Melissa and Doug Cupcake set
Melissa and Doug Magnetic dolls
Alphie
Leapster
2 Leapster games
Doc McStuffins doll
Doc McStuffins Doctor Set

dd1
Dora the Explorer Backpack
Little People Princess Castle
Little People Snow White and the 7 dwarves
2 sets of princess little people
Little People girl Super Heroes
Leapfrog Song toy

My 1 year old will be getting a few more toys and then just some new sleepers and outfits.

My 3 year old is getting closer to being done, but I know I still want to get her and Our Generation doll and I am going to make her a bed for the doll. Also, she is wanting a big girl bed and not a crib anymore, so I am thinking we are going to buy her the Disney Princess metal carriage bed and get her the Cinderella bedding and set it up on Christmas day without her knowing.

For my 9 and 11 year olds, we are getting them each a loft bed and new bedding and desks and chairs. Then the hubby and I are building them an American Girl doll house to fit under their lofted beds. I will be making a lot of the stuff for the house and then buying a few pieces, like the Kitchen from Target. I also want to get them a Smash journals and stuff to go with that.

Hubby is going to get a keurig, Call of Duty and some survival stuff. I wanted to get him a big tool box but i think I will wait until we move back home rather than try and move it from here in Florida back to Ohio. The girls and I always make him his "beef basket of love", which I fill with tons of different kinds of beef jerky and other snacks he loves. We are also going to make him a HUGE buckeye. He will love it.

My one sister and brother in law are getting a Disney giftcard for when they come down to visit to me.

They other sis and brother in law are getting a photo blanket and who knows what else.

Both sisters are getting Home Organization binders.

My older nephew 14, is getting 50 bucks, all in small bills rolled up tied with ribbons.

My nephew who is 3 is getting a Dinosaur terriarium and I am not sure what else.

I CANT WAIT TO DECORATE!!!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #517
ladybug0506
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliceacc View Post
I'm thinking of getting my husband a Keurig for Christmas. But I'm not a coffee drinker, and have no idea of which model or what features I want. Anyone care to give me some ideas?
I am not a coffee drinker either but I just saw a preview of Target's ad next week (starting 10/21) and they will be offering a $30 giftcard when you buy Kurig K-Cup B60 Special Edition Brewer. I don't know anything about it but I thought I'd mention it.
ladybug0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #518
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehough View Post
Oh gosh, thanks for the reminder! I think I will hold off until Easter- a much better occasion for that!

I think that's a good plan. We did this a few years ago and it was a fun thing to do in the Spring. We even took the butterflies to school and released them with DDs class.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:13 PM   #519
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
I am not a coffee drinker either but I just saw a preview of Target's ad next week (starting 10/21) and they will be offering a $30 giftcard when you buy Kurig K-Cup B60 Special Edition Brewer. I don't know anything about it but I thought I'd mention it.
Keurig is also offering a mail in rebate:
http://www.keurig.com/rebate
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #520
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug0506 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamom View Post
Keurig is also offering a mail in rebate:
http://www.keurig.com/rebate
Thank you both!!

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #521
weluvjasmine
Mouseketeer

We're doing the 4 gifts from us (something you want, something to wear, something to read and something religious). Then we are doing 2-3 gifts from Santa (a craft and a game and maybe something else) and a gift or two from the kids to each other.

Yesterday, I order my Dd7, 2 American dolls (Caroline and Rebecca). I ordered a Maple Landmark train set and a Roll and Play game for my DS (almost 2) from Amazon. I'm glad I have their big gifts out of the way.
weluvjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:18 PM   #522
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

ehough~ Glad to have you!! Good for you finishing up that shopping!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:57 AM   #523
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

I'm all set to run out to Farm and Fleet's Toyland Grand Opening this morning. I asked my DD5 if she could only get one thing for Christmas this year, what would it be and she told me she wanted an art desk. F&F has them $10 cheaper than anywhere else, so that's where I'm going. Their Legos are significantly less expensive there, too, so I am sure I will be buying more than just an art desk this morning. Now to think of where to hide it!

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #524
la79al
DIS Veteran

Okay, need some ideas here. I am determined to get all or at least most of my shopping done before December so I can spend the month actually enjoying the holidays. We are heading to a big outlet center thingy next weekend and it may well be my only chance to shop without DD4 and DD2 so I want to get most of it done. I need suggestions for my dad and his fiance. From what I have seen, they don't do much other than hang out with friends. I am thinking about cheating this year and making them a photo calendar of the girls and maybe my nephew too but I definitely feel like I should get them more than that.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #525
pandamom
I want to go to WDW NOW!
Loves Panera Bread

Heads up that Skylanders Giants go on sale tomorrow. Most Toys R' Us will be opening an hour early and have buy one get one 40% off figures and accessories. They also have some exclusive figures. Walmart has an exclusive glow in dark figure /portal in the starter pack, Gamestop has an exclusive 3 pack and Target has a exclusive figure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: