Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #466
ah1126
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEsq View Post
I used this code today to get DH a free photo mug from Shutterfly:

http://www.babycheapskate.com/2012/1...tterfly-today/

Grandparents love these too with pics of the kids on them!

Thank you for the link! I just ordered one for my Mother in Law for Christmas! One more thing off my list! I got one of these for my husband for Father's Day and he loves it!
ah1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #467
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

We decided last night to stop waiting for lists from our parents and to get them whatever we wanted. They'll be surprised and if they're disappointed we'll include gift receipts so they can return the items. Every year my in laws insist on doing a wish list exchange and then we sit and wait for the lists until the last minute. So glad to get this monkey off my back! And my parents never come up with any ideas.

Now to think of ideas!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #468
Stargazer
Second star to the right and straight on till morning ~ Peter Pan

Quote:
I used this code today to get DH a free photo mug from Shutterfly:

http://www.babycheapskate.com/2012/1...tterfly-today/

Grandparents love these too with pics of the kids on them!
Thanks - perfect idea for my MIL!
The magic is as wide as a smile and as narrow as a wink, loud as laughter and quiet as a tear, tall as a tale and deep as emotion. So strong, it can lift the spirit. So gentle, it can touch the heart. It is the magic that begins the happily ever after.
My 1st trip 1983 ~ Off-site June 2007 ~ WL August 2008 ~ ASMu November 2009 free dining ~ CBR May/June 2011 free dining ~ Off-site March 2013 (and our 1st time trying US/IOA!)
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #469
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood View Post
We decided last night to stop waiting for lists from our parents and to get them whatever we wanted. They'll be surprised and if they're disappointed we'll include gift receipts so they can return the items. Every year my in laws insist on doing a wish list exchange and then we sit and wait for the lists until the last minute. So glad to get this monkey off my back! And my parents never come up with any ideas.

Now to think of ideas!
Good for you! I hate the last minute thing and my goal is to be done by the first week of december so I can enjoy the lead-up to the holidays and other things rather than last minute gift-buying and wrapping. It makes for a much more relaxing holiday season!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #470
Princess_Meghan <3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrrx View Post
According to their website, "It's not a D#*@ Beanbag." According to me, it's the world's most expensive beanbag! lol My DH found them at a mall in Dallas and loved them. I was totally against the cost until I researched them. Apparently they are worth the money. We'll see...
I have one (well, technically my mom does, but it's been in my room for 4 years now, so pretty much mine ), and I think it's definitely worth the money. It's very comfortable- I've slept on it numerous times. We've also had it for over 10 years, and it's still in great condition! I flip it over when it starts getting flat, and it's nice and poofy again.

I'm joining in- I just finished up birthday presents for the year (other than my dad's girlfriend, who's a few days before Christmas), and am hoping to start on Christmas shopping soon. I see a lot of great ideas already- especially for my younger step-brothers, who are really hard to shop for.

For a true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.
~Hercules

If you can dream it, you can do it.
~ Walt Disney

The very things that held you down are going to carry you up.
~Dumbo
Princess_Meghan <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #471
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Shutterfly code for free large magnet or 2 8x10s, TODAY ONLY (October 10): BACKTOSCHOOL

Should really check my spam more often!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #472
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Shutterfly code for free large magnet or 2 8x10s, TODAY ONLY (October 10): BACKTOSCHOOL

Should really check my spam more often!
I'm sorry I missed this one -- I had a free code about a month ago and got one of their magnets and it is really nice, they would make great gifts!!
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #473
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I just placed an order on Amazon and now my 11yo is pretty much done, except for waiting for preorders to arrive. I got:

Spyro Skylanders starter pack (he wanted the original first so we'll probably get Giants for his birthday in June) for 11yo

Root Beer making kit for 13yo

Wayside School book series for 8yo

Batman trilogy dvd preorder (19.96 for dvd) for 13yo

and I picked up an Angry Birds toothbrush and Cars car at Walmart today for stocking stuffers. Oh, and with the printable Hasbro coupons I got Candyland and Memory to donate, but I've read that it's a better deal if you can price match Toys R Us.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:39 PM   #474
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Well thanks to Apple my dd now wants the super cute pink Ipod touch with Siri. She just got the 32GB touch last year, why oh why couldn't they have had these new ones out then! She wants to sell hers and then get whatever money she needs to buy it as her gift. I already got her a new cell phone so she is pretty much done. I guess I could give her the phone for her birthday at the end of January

I haven't been making alot of progress but I have been grabbing things here and there for my kids. I was thinking of making some things that were posted in the homemade gifts thread on the budget board for some family and friends, but my attempts don't really look gift worthy. I guess I'm not as crafty as I hoped I was

For the first time I'm stumped for my dh. He has been wanting to go shoot clay pigeons so maybe I'll try to find a place that he can and get him a gift certificate. I don't even know if you can do that for places like that.
What is everyone else getting for the men in their life?
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #475
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

I've been sewing Am. Girl doll clothes for my girls, and I just got a really good deal on a monogrammed fleece character themed blanket from Disney store.com, as well as some princess accessories that were marked down.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #476
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

I'm probably going to get DH a Kindle Fire. We don't have any type of tablet computer and it seems the best value for under $200. He doesn't have a smart phone and has been talking about getting one but I don't think he would really use it much and having a tablet is probably more what he needs, just for surfing the net while hanging out on the couch etc.
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #477
Princess_Meghan <3
DIS Veteran

American Girl has announced their free shipping code for orders over $100: PF29096

It's good through November 20.

For a true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.
~Hercules

If you can dream it, you can do it.
~ Walt Disney

The very things that held you down are going to carry you up.
~Dumbo
Princess_Meghan <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #478
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Meghan <3 View Post
American Girl has announced their free shipping code for orders over $100: PF29096

It's good through November 20.

yay!! Thanks!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #479
hfuellgraf
DisneyMOM

Decorating Disney Style

We can't wait till Thanksgiving day to get our our Disney Themed Tree. It's a pencil tree in our family room, all disney from all our trips, the kids favorites and mickey's everywhere. When the kids were younger our Christmas card was always disney. Tink on top of course!

Gifts: Wal mart photo department was Disney themed options when making photo gifts. I make my Dad a calendar every year and last year my mom a Thow with the kids pic on it. She loved it.

Happy Shopping and Decorating.
00-All star Movies Buzz; 03-All Star Movies Woody; 04-All star Movies Dalmations; 05 All Star Movies Buzz; 06-All star Sports; 07-CBR; 08-All star Movies- Fantasia;12-All star Movies-Dalmations Planning March-13-All star Movies OR AoA Cars Suite
hfuellgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 AM   #480
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
I'm probably going to get DH a Kindle Fire. We don't have any type of tablet computer and it seems the best value for under $200. He doesn't have a smart phone and has been talking about getting one but I don't think he would really use it much and having a tablet is probably more what he needs, just for surfing the net while hanging out on the couch etc.

If you're looking at 7 inch tablets:

Take a look at both the Nexus and the Student Edition (if you can find it) of the Galaxy Tab 2 7 before you buy.

I did a lot of research and got my 3 kids the Galaxy. Of course, a week later when I wanted to email my sister and give her a heads up, the Student Editions were nowhere to be found. But they were a great bargain-- for $250 I got not only the 7" tablet but a keyboard dock and I forget what else.

The Nexus is brand new and has incredible reviews.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: