Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #406
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmomma View Post
Zulilly has dolly and me clothes sets all the time. Look for those for a cheaper alternative to AG clothes.
Just remember if you're going to order from Zulily you need to allow about a month for shipping.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #407
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

And another fun one: the Great Hot Toy Debate. DD and DS both love Doc McStuffins. DD wants and I think DS would too if he saw it the new hot toy:
http://www.disneystore.com/docmcstuf...19951/1013903/

What to do? This would be something I would buy on behalf of my parents (my mom just sends a check) or potentially be our gift jointly to the two of them. DD's Santa stuff is done with the Bitty Twins. DS -- could possibly get it for him as Santa but we'll have a huge sharing issue. Do I encourage people to buy 2 of these? Seems ridiculous for this toy ($40) to have 2 in the house. I'm leaning towards just doing it as a joint gift and forcing some sharing but thoughts? There is the usual squabbling about sharing stuff but they know I mean business and if it is not worked out, toy is gone until I decide to see how well they can do. WWYD?

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #408
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
And another fun one: the Great Hot Toy Debate. DD and DS both love Doc McStuffins. DD wants and I think DS would too if he saw it the new hot toy:
http://www.disneystore.com/docmcstuf...19951/1013903/

What to do? This would be something I would buy on behalf of my parents (my mom just sends a check) or potentially be our gift jointly to the two of them. DD's Santa stuff is done with the Bitty Twins. DS -- could possibly get it for him as Santa but we'll have a huge sharing issue. Do I encourage people to buy 2 of these? Seems ridiculous for this toy ($40) to have 2 in the house. I'm leaning towards just doing it as a joint gift and forcing some sharing but thoughts? There is the usual squabbling about sharing stuff but they know I mean business and if it is not worked out, toy is gone until I decide to see how well they can do. WWYD?
Could you maybe buy one child that set and the other child some of the other characters or accessories? I'm not sure what's available as my kids are older, but I thought I saw where there were more. If not, I think I would bite the bullet on this one and buy two of them, but if that's your plan I would try to show it to DS at some point and make sure he wants it, he may surprise you.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 10-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #409
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
Could you maybe buy one child that set and the other child some of the other characters or accessories? I'm not sure what's available as my kids are older, but I thought I saw where there were more. If not, I think I would bite the bullet on this one and buy two of them, but if that's your plan I would try to show it to DS at some point and make sure he wants it, he may surprise you.
Fair point! I think I will show it to him and see the reaction. And you are right that there are other options like a smaller set and some of the stuffed animals from the show.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #410
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Just found this thread, what fun!

My DD just turned 2 and I am having so much fun planning her Christmas as this is the first year she will really understand, and she's at an age where she just plays and plays and really loves her toys.

Already got her this, the Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace. It has the same technology as the Zoo Talkers she got last year -- when you put the princesses on the platform, they sing.

http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/br...products/67282

Also got her the Animator's Collection Snow White doll when we were at the Disney outlet this summer.

I always buy her and my goddaughters the latest Disney princess from the Hallmark ornaments collection. This year I got them all Merida.
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
BeckyEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #411
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

I may be a little behind, but I just saw in an ad that Jeff Dunham has a new dvd coming out on Oct. 9th, Minding the Monsters. I preordered that on Amazon for $14.99 (that was the dvd price, not sure about blu-ray). I will decide later whether to give it to my 15yo DS or DH.

I also ordered the bow and arrow, the dart kind, that someone had linked to on the previous page, for my 8yo. His friend has one so I know he likes it, it was the perfect idea for him.

DD hasn't given me any ideas, she's asked for one video game and that's it. I think it's because she knows I wasn't planning on buying her much since I'm paying most of her trip to Europe next summer. I think I'm going to get her a hanging toiletry bag, something to put her passport in (one of those belts that goes under your clothes maybe), and a neck pillow. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things that she might find useful for her trip?

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #412
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEsq View Post
Just found this thread, what fun!

My DD just turned 2 and I am having so much fun planning her Christmas as this is the first year she will really understand, and she's at an age where she just plays and plays and really loves her toys.

Already got her this, the Fisher Price Little People Disney Princess Songs Palace. It has the same technology as the Zoo Talkers she got last year -- when you put the princesses on the platform, they sing.
http://www.fisher-price.com/en_US/br...products/67282

Also got her the Animator's Collection Snow White doll when we were at the Disney outlet this summer.

I always buy her and my goddaughters the latest Disney princess from the Hallmark ornaments collection. This year I got them all Merida.

I just saw the commercial for that castle and it looks really cool . In a few years you can upgrade to the Cinderella Castle. We got that for DD for Christmas the year she was 4 1/2 and she played with it for years. I just this past summer (when she turned 9) put it in the attic. I refuse to get rid it nor anything else Disney we have....which is A LOT

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #413
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
I may be a little behind, but I just saw in an ad that Jeff Dunham has a new dvd coming out on Oct. 9th, Minding the Monsters. I preordered that on Amazon for $14.99 (that was the dvd price, not sure about blu-ray). I will decide later whether to give it to my 15yo DS or DH.

I think I'm going to get her a hanging toiletry bag, something to put her passport in (one of those belts that goes under your clothes maybe), and a neck pillow. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things that she might find useful for her trip?
Oh, so good to know about the Jeff Dunham video! I may pick that up for my ILs and my parents. As for your traveling DD, yep, the money belt is a great idea! I still use mine when I travel and have my passport and credit cards in there. What about a set of adapters? Fun book for travel, maybe even a journal. Travel first aid kit with some extra bandaids. What about some clothespins to hang her stuff to dry if she does sink laundry?

I'm so close to done, if you can believe it! I have to buy for 5 nieces and one nephew, 2 kids, parents, ILs, grandmother, siblings, IL siblings (we draw names in November), DH and kids. So far, 2 nieces totally done (woohoo!), one niece I know what I am getting but have to wait until closer to Christmas, other niece I will get some vetting on ideas and buy in November and have to ask the teenager what she wants. My parents, aside from getting a calendar and maybe that video, DONE! ILs, about halfway there. DD, only have to get the Bitty Twins and whatever I am buying on behalf of my mom and done. My nephew is almost done and just needs a little something. For DS, just stalking CL for a bike and will be done. Woohoo! Nice when it falls together and especially in budget!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #414
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
Oh, so good to know about the Jeff Dunham video! I may pick that up for my ILs and my parents. As for your traveling DD, yep, the money belt is a great idea! I still use mine when I travel and have my passport and credit cards in there. What about a set of adapters? Fun book for travel, maybe even a journal. Travel first aid kit with some extra bandaids. What about some clothespins to hang her stuff to dry if she does sink laundry?

I'm so close to done, if you can believe it! I have to buy for 5 nieces and one nephew, 2 kids, parents, ILs, grandmother, siblings, IL siblings (we draw names in November), DH and kids. So far, 2 nieces totally done (woohoo!), one niece I know what I am getting but have to wait until closer to Christmas, other niece I will get some vetting on ideas and buy in November and have to ask the teenager what she wants. My parents, aside from getting a calendar and maybe that video, DONE! ILs, about halfway there. DD, only have to get the Bitty Twins and whatever I am buying on behalf of my mom and done. My nephew is almost done and just needs a little something. For DS, just stalking CL for a bike and will be done. Woohoo! Nice when it falls together and especially in budget!

Wow, you're going to be breezing through the holidays this year!

Those are good ideas for Dd, I keep forgetting she'll need an adapter and I know she wants a journal

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #415
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

Hi all reading all the wonderful posts love the holidays!!! well my older DD just told me she wants a Barbie dream house uhg!! those things are expensive looking for a sale we will see ....

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #416
Manders77
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiest mommy View Post
Hi all reading all the wonderful posts love the holidays!!! well my older DD just told me she wants a Barbie dream house uhg!! those things are expensive looking for a sale we will see ....
not sure if you do this but check some community or group sales, you may find a used but good condition one. Last year I got my DD4 a play kitchen at our community sale. It was $150 new, but it was in excellent condition with all the pieces and they threw in all the play food and play mini appliances and I talked them to $100 for all of it. I priced it out and I would of spent about $200-$250 if I bought all of it New. Just a suggestion.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #417
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

My DD just told me she wants a Meep? I think that is what it is called. It looks like a "tablet" for kids. I guess I better do research because I was thinking of getting her the Kindle Fire. She likes to read, listen to music, and play a few games. She doesn't really play with toys so this would be her big gift for either her b-day (Dec. 24th) or christmas.

Thanks to ideas posted here I will get my DS13 an iPod docking station. That is a great idea. Of course he wants more iTune gift cards.

I have a list started at least. I hope to have it finalized in early Nov. so I can begin shopping.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #418
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
My DD just told me she wants a Meep? I think that is what it is called. It looks like a "tablet" for kids. I guess I better do research because I was thinking of getting her the Kindle Fire. She likes to read, listen to music, and play a few games. She doesn't really play with toys so this would be her big gift for either her b-day (Dec. 24th) or christmas.

Thanks to ideas posted here I will get my DS13 an iPod docking station. That is a great idea. Of course he wants more iTune gift cards.

I have a list started at least. I hope to have it finalized in early Nov. so I can begin shopping.
If you watch the ads Best Buy usually puts their itunes cards on sale off and on. Other places like Target, Staples and Walmart do around Christmas, too, but it seems to me that in the past that was usually for the pack of 3 $10 cards.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 10-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #419
nu2dvc
Mouseketeer

So for those of you waiting on that AG free shipping code, I know that one always comes in the fall.... but I can't remember about when. October? November? Anybody know? A few of the items my DD wants are back-ordered until December already & I'm scared that if I wait too long we will be out of luck. But I really hate paying for their shipping, cause it's so high! Anybody remember when the Free Ship has come out in years' past?

TIA!
nu2dvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #420
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manders77 View Post
not sure if you do this but check some community or group sales, you may find a used but good condition one. Last year I got my DD4 a play kitchen at our community sale. It was $150 new, but it was in excellent condition with all the pieces and they threw in all the play food and play mini appliances and I talked them to $100 for all of it. I priced it out and I would of spent about $200-$250 if I bought all of it New. Just a suggestion.
Agree, check Craig's List or the like. There is also one that fits Barbie dolls (but is not Barbie per se) at Costco for $50 or so.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: