Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #391
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
WOW Pesky!! Those are great ideas!!!!!
Awww, thanks.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #392
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

and oh my gosh Pesky! you just did it again!! LOL!!! More good ideas,.. I was stumped for her mom's gift ideas!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #393
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

DD has decided she wants AG Bitty Twins. For the only other time besides Hyland's Teething Tablets, my hippy granola, atheist, liberal SIL and biochem, religious, uber conservative sister agree on a product -- AG. Both say (though it pains my SIL) that the product is well made and lasts forever and continues to intrigue. Of course though, DD has seen the wagon (she wants that). And the purple taffeta party dress (she wants that for herself too). I'm starting to see dollars add up. Tough decisions ahead!

If you were only going to buy one or two other outfits, thoughts? The purple one (lord help me at $26 or so a pop)? From the cheaper place, nightgown? There's a cute hello kitty skating outfit too that is $13. Christmasy outfit wiht jeans and a santa hat? pink dress and skirt? Ahhhhhhh! I feel suddenly like I did when I walked into BRU to register for the first time -- totally overwhelmed!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #394
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
DVDs? Any series she likes? Carol Burnett DVD (I posted the link a few posts above). Murder She Wrote. Matlock. Old movies or ones you think you will like.

Food -- prepared food! cookie basket, muffin basket, prepared frozen dinners, etc.

Services -- housecleaning service, lawn service, organizing service

Charity -- donate to a cause she cares about

Experience -- something she might like to do like a class of some sort, hike, walk, behind the scenes tour of the local zoo, tickets to a show, etc.
Thanks! You do have great ideas! My mom is so hard to shop for.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
100AcreWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #395
la79al
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For your DD2:
* doll stroller (if you don't have one); a basic umbrella deal. That was hand's down DD's favorite toy when she was 2 as she would put anything in there and zip around
* M&D cookie set or other food set -- they have some fantastic ones and both of mine still play with those, especially the cookie one and cutting foods set. Amazon last year had some of those on sale 50% off in December.
* basic wooden blocks
* puzzle
* books
* grocery cart -- M&D again has a great one that is just like a real one but it is expensive and warning, full metal so can ding up furniture according to reviews
* game like Haba's Little Orchard which is designed for this age

for your DSD (11):
* air hunterz archery set. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
* hexbug -- regular or crab like this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
* what about craft stuff? A make-your-own birdhouse or weave potholders or make your own lip gloss?
* a fun cookbook for the younger set with a cool apron so she can try out some stuff at home
* there are some great older movies that she might like -- think Goonies, Matilda, E.T., Close Encounters..., Mr. Mom. Even go older with things like Meet Me in St. Louis, Gigi, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and so on.
* That age was when I read my first Agatha Christie novel and loved it. I know you say books are a crap shoot but you can always make sure there is a gift receipt
* GC to get her nails done at a local place. You could go together and it be a bonding thing.
* I like the idea of a bookcase
* any sporting/outdoors stuff she likes? soccer ball, volley ball, sleeping bag, skates, etc.
* I'd probably still get a pretty basic sweater or funky cardigan or something
* game -- Simpsons Uno or Uno Slam! or Apples to Apples, etc.
ETA: thought of something else for SDS. There is a Sonia Kashuk brush set from Target that is $14. Her stuff is usually pretty good and might at least make a nice small gift. One thing else to consider is make-up brush cleaner! Sephora or the like would definitely have that.
We really do have at least one of everything you suggested on the list for DD2. They are great suggestions though. And your suggestions for DSD are really helpful. I will definitely be using a couple of those. Thanks so much!
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #396
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

My son just turned 2 and is OBSESSED with trains. So, I am pretty sure we are going to get him a wooden train set. We already have a table that we got off Craigslist for Duplos, trains and cars. What is the difference (besides $$$) between the Thomas stuff and the Imaginarium stuff?
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #397
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Ordered 2 nikon S3300 digital point and shoot cameras yesterday that were on sale, plus with use of my target card I got free shipping and extra percentage off. Saved almost $80!!!!!

My 2 oldest are getting these Christmas gifts at the beginning of our surprise WDW Christmas trip to use on the vacation! I can't wait!

Need advice: I'm getting a DSi for my 7 year old, but can't decide for my 5 year old. I love the leappad 2 disney princess pack, but I'm not sure if she'd rather have that or a DSi like her older siblings! Any suggestions??????

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:29 AM   #398
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
DD has decided she wants AG Bitty Twins. For the only other time besides Hyland's Teething Tablets, my hippy granola, atheist, liberal SIL and biochem, religious, uber conservative sister agree on a product -- AG. Both say (though it pains my SIL) that the product is well made and lasts forever and continues to intrigue. Of course though, DD has seen the wagon (she wants that). And the purple taffeta party dress (she wants that for herself too). I'm starting to see dollars add up. Tough decisions ahead!

If you were only going to buy one or two other outfits, thoughts? The purple one (lord help me at $26 or so a pop)? From the cheaper place, nightgown? There's a cute hello kitty skating outfit too that is $13. Christmasy outfit wiht jeans and a santa hat? pink dress and skirt? Ahhhhhhh! I feel suddenly like I did when I walked into BRU to register for the first time -- totally overwhelmed!

We did the AG Bitty Twins for our youngest DD two years ago. And the wagon, as well. It was $$$ but she loves them still. I let other family members know that we were getting our DD that, so AG gift cards or Bitty Twin clothes would be appropriate. As for extra clothes, I had no qualms with getting "off-brand" clothes for the dolls. DD didn't care what the brand was - she just cared that the clothes were cute

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #399
CopperWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendasol View Post
Ordered 2 nikon S3300 digital point and shoot cameras yesterday that were on sale, plus with use of my target card I got free shipping and extra percentage off. Saved almost $80!!!!!

My 2 oldest are getting these Christmas gifts at the beginning of our surprise WDW Christmas trip to use on the vacation! I can't wait!

Need advice: I'm getting a DSi for my 7 year old, but can't decide for my 5 year old. I love the leappad 2 disney princess pack, but I'm not sure if she'd rather have that or a DSi like her older siblings! Any suggestions??????

We were in the same boat a while back. Our youngest DD was 4.5 and her older sister had a Nintendo ds. We were taking a road trip to Disney (18-20 hours in the car) and were contemplating entertainment for her. We chose the ds over the Leapster because she was getting to the age where she would be outgrowing it pretty soon. She was familiar with the ds because her older sister had one. She also knew the "ground rules" for the ds, too (you can't play it all the time; when you're done with it, it (and all games, pens, etc) needs to go back where it belongs when you're done). She was happy to get it and hasn't had any issues playing it. I would get it.

me DH DD10 DD7

No ticker for now
CopperWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #400
prayx
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZMermaid
My son just turned 2 and is OBSESSED with trains. So, I am pretty sure we are going to get him a wooden train set. We already have a table that we got off Craigslist for Duplos, trains and cars. What is the difference (besides $$$) between the Thomas stuff and the Imaginarium stuff?
The Thomas stuff is cute but the imaginarium table is great. I was told the Thomas trains work on it. My parents bought it for our dd2 for this Christmas. The imaginarium also has storage underneath. Can't wait for her to see it and start playing. She loves Thomas too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
prayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM   #401
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

I have decided on what to get a good friend of mine for Christmas! I am going to make a little baking kit, with a cook book, a hand made apron, and a few cute baking supplies. I'm hoping to pick up something on my trip to DL

However, my gift buying there will be a lot more limited than I thought. I had been saving over a hundred dollars in a jar to spend on the trip. Now it is gone. I think my sister or one of her friends took it
Old 09-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #402
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
I have decided on what to get a good friend of mine for Christmas! I am going to make a little baking kit, with a cook book, a hand made apron, and a few cute baking supplies. I'm hoping to pick up something on my trip to DL

However, my gift buying there will be a lot more limited than I thought. I had been saving over a hundred dollars in a jar to spend on the trip. Now it is gone. I think my sister or one of her friends took it
OH NO!! That is terrible!!! I am sooo sorry!! That's just rotten....
But the idea for your friends gift is great!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #403
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperWife View Post
We were in the same boat a while back. Our youngest DD was 4.5 and her older sister had a Nintendo ds. We were taking a road trip to Disney (18-20 hours in the car) and were contemplating entertainment for her. We chose the ds over the Leapster because she was getting to the age where she would be outgrowing it pretty soon. She was familiar with the ds because her older sister had one. She also knew the "ground rules" for the ds, too (you can't play it all the time; when you're done with it, it (and all games, pens, etc) needs to go back where it belongs when you're done). She was happy to get it and hasn't had any issues playing it. I would get it.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. Now they will all have a DS to play on the plane, it's only the 4 kids and I flying together, maybe they can hook up and play together......and I could nap during the flight! It could happen

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #404
tcufrog
Mouseketeer

Here's some suggestions:

Buy Buy Baby sells a really kids' great shopping cart. You can use Bed Bath and Beyond coupons there to save money on it.

IKEA has really cheap trains and tracks that are compatible with Thomas trains. I'm not sure if they are compatible with Imaginarium and Chuggington tracks. They aren't compatible with Brio tracks. The most cost effective way to build a train set is to buy lots of basic tracks at IKEA and just buy the fancy tracks and trains from the name brands. If you want a train table (I'm not a fan of them since they are single use and take up tons of space) check out Craigs List. Lots of parents sell them there when their kids out grow them.
tcufrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #405
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

Quote:

Zulilly has dolly and me clothes sets all the time. Look for those for a cheaper alternative to AG clothes.
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: