Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #331
hineshm
4 the luv of Mickey

I love Black Friday shopping. Mostly I buy things for the house that we need. I get a few gifts but most of my shopping will be done by then. I just like to do it to hang out with my girlfriends.
hineshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:14 PM   #332
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

What are you all picking up for a 5YO girl? Still a bit stuck for DD.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #333
troane522
Earning My Ears

I have been doing BF for about 8 or 9 years now. It started out as me and my BFF going. Now we may start out at the same store but eventually go our own separate ways. With 4 kids ranging from 16 to almost 2 there are always things that I can get good deals on!
troane522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #334
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I love Black Friday, but I can't go this year. My husband is leaving for work this Saturday and won't be back until 2nd week of December. I wont have anyone to stay home and watch my kiddos. We just moved to Florida and have no friends or family here and with DH being gone, I am actually thinking of taking the girls to the new Art of Animation hotel for Thanksgiving and staying Thanksgiving night. Then wake up the next day and drive to Miami to the new American Girl Doll store they are opening in October. We will have our Disney Annual passes by then, but I don't think we will venture into thr parks because they will be so crowded. I think we will just hang at the hotel, swim, play and find somewhere to eat. I just came up with the idea once DH was called to work, so I didnt plan early enough to book any dining places. I keep checking hoping Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grove (name?) or Whispering Canyon will open up, but I wont hold my breath. We may just eat at the AoA and call it a day. With no sister (back in Ohio), no Momma (went to heaven last Oct. 31) and DH away at work, I just dont think I want to cook a big thanksgiving meal. My sis and bil and newphew are coming down here the 3rd of December so I will cook a big meal then. Is that weird? Not doing Thanksgiving dinner at all?

Anyhow, the point of all that is that I wish I could black friday shop, but can't. Maybe we will find some deals in the mall that the AG store is opening up in. We are "considering" buying them the McKenna doll they want as a surprise when we go, but I am not sure. We will see but as they are spoiled, probably!

I decided I am making both of my sisters a household binder with all kinds of stuff like monthly and weekly budgets, places for grocery lists, pantry and freezer stock lists, favorite recipes, a place for phone numbers and address, poision control, local hospitals, local takeout menus, homemade cleaning solutions directions, a place for stamps and pens and more. I have been working on this and need to kick it into high gear. We always talk about wanting to get organized and I think having all this info in one place and not scattered in 20 differnt drawers and cabinets will help.

I want to get DH a big tool chest and hope I can find a bargain. Those things are expensive. He works so hard and never gets anything for himself so I am going to bite the bullet and get this for him. He has wanted one for years. Now where to hide it once he come home....

Now that DH is going back to work I will be able to really start shopping. I can't wait. I am ready to start decorating now man! I was actually listening to Christmas music the other day. My kids think I am crazy but hey, it makes me happy, why wait until December? (or in my case Nov. 1st)

Anyone getting some great bargains? Sadly a lot of what I will be getting is AG doll stuff and not much of a sale on those, but I will be hitting their Cyber Monday sale like nobody business!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #335
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Michelle, I think your AofA Thanksgiving plan sounds great!! I bet that this will be THE Thanksgiving day they never forget!!!!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #336
WyomingMomof6
Mouseketeer

I'm joining in! I love Christmas shopping! And I have a new granddaughter to shop for this year so it will be that much more fun!

My dd, 9 by Christmas, is really into AG and Monster High. I have three AG dolls stashed away. I bought last years doll of the year plus some of the accesssories to give her for her b-day in December. I also have Felicity and Elizabeth stowed away to give at a future date. She may get them this year.

My ds, 7, is my problem. He doesn't really play with legos, doesn't really like sports a whole lot. He just likes to ride his bike. The only thing I know I'll be getting him is an Avengers dvd and maybe a Nintendo DS.

I look forward to seeing everybody's lists!

Etsy Store- AlexaBrookeFashions
WyomingMomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #337
Claudine877
Mouseketeer

Just got the Fisher Price catalog with the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ship that comes with Jake. It's 45.00 in the catalog but I'm hoping that Kohls will carry it and with a sale and a coupon the price will come down. The Disney Store has the Captain Hook rock but that' isn't as much fun as the ship. My DS will be 4 by Christmas and will LOVE it. I wanted to get the additional characters too; interestingly enough they showed the one boys name as Chubby instead of Cubby in the catalogue. They really need some spellcheckers!
Does anyone have any suggestions for my DD who will also be 4? She has the play kitchen and normal girl toys, and crayons etc but tends to like to write with pens/paper. She hasn't grasped the concept of a pad of paper to keep her masterpieces but rips out paper and tosses it after a little bit. Other than crayons/pencils which she has, I'm at a loss as to a gift for her.
Claudine877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #338
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine877
Just got the Fisher Price catalog with the Jake and the Neverland Pirates ship that comes with Jake. It's 45.00 in the catalog but I'm hoping that Kohls will carry it and with a sale and a coupon the price will come down. The Disney Store has the Captain Hook rock but that' isn't as much fun as the ship. My DS will be 4 by Christmas and will LOVE it. I wanted to get the additional characters too; interestingly enough they showed the one boys name as Chubby instead of Cubby in the catalogue. They really need some spellcheckers!
Does anyone have any suggestions for my DD who will also be 4? She has the play kitchen and normal girl toys, and crayons etc but tends to like to write with pens/paper. She hasn't grasped the concept of a pad of paper to keep her masterpieces but rips out paper and tosses it after a little bit. Other than crayons/pencils which she has, I'm at a loss as to a gift for her.
Have you seen the Little People Disney Princess toys? Would she like those? I'm considering them for DD (will turn 4 in Feb) but wondering if they might be too young for her. I think 4 is kind of a hard age to buy for girls. They're too big for the baby toys but not quite big enough for Barbies and such. Or at least my DD.

Other options might be board games or puzzles, maybe an easel or art desk with big paper that she can use and toss?
Mommy2LittleVols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #339
Happiest mommy
DIS Veteran

we bought our DD3 The Disney LP Princess Castle with the princesses for xmas its adorable I think your DD would like it, if you are thinking of getting it do not wait its a hot toy this year waiting on a FP discount too need one more item..

Cookie (RIP 5/10/10) you gave us 15 years of pure Love and Loyalty we miss you so...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers

Visits: 2007, 2008, 2010 and planning 2014
Happiest mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #340
la79al
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine877 View Post
Right now my DDs favorite thing to play with is all the little people we have. She will play with just the people from our Little People sets and just the people (and Mega Block houses) from our Loving Family dollhouse. She is also really into her board games lately. She wants a zhu zhu pet for Christmas but is also getting some dry erase preschool skills things I got on clearance at Walmart last week. I'm really hoping to finish up most of the rest of my shopping and wait until closer to Christmas to see what else she decides she really wants. Oh, she's also getting a few movies. She is going to be Rapunzel for Halloween, carried around her Rapunzel doll for 6 months straight, wants to meet only Rapunzel at DW, yet we don't own the Tangled dvd .
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #341
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

4 year olds- books? blocks seemed to be popular with the daycare kids, they loved to build stuff for there little people.
mabey a srapbook since shes crafty. Could be a fun activity for you and her to do together (giving the best gift of all, time with mom)
mabey a basic board game like candy land.

i know around here fur real freinds are a hit. got quite a few kids who bring them to school (daycare) I wont admit it but I own one myself

http://www.ebeanstalk.com/single_gif...ory=&PageNum=2
has a list of good ideas for girls around the age of 4 Also has a search bar so you can check out other ages and sexes
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #342
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudine877 View Post
Melissa & Doug grocery cart -- pricey but super sturdy and like the regular one. That with some fake groceries and a cash register and you are in business!

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #343
glk2009
Mouseketeer

My DD4 loves beading! I bought her an assortment of pony beads and Twisteez wire and she can bead like crazy.

I really want to get her the Little People princess set but she already has two castles... Three might be excessive.

She also loves Zoobles. They are a little strange but cute.

And My Little Ponies are also quite popular with her and her 5 yr old friends.

On our list for this year's Christmas is a guitar of some sort, maybe a princess one, maybe not. And beyond that, we haven't narrowed it down yet. I'm watching this thread for ideas!
glk2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #344
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciesmom77 View Post
I love Black Friday, but I can't go this year. My husband is leaving for work this Saturday and won't be back until 2nd week of December. I wont have anyone to stay home and watch my kiddos. We just moved to Florida and have no friends or family here and with DH being gone, I am actually thinking of taking the girls to the new Art of Animation hotel for Thanksgiving and staying Thanksgiving night. Then wake up the next day and drive to Miami to the new American Girl Doll store they are opening in October. We will have our Disney Annual passes by then, but I don't think we will venture into thr parks because they will be so crowded. I think we will just hang at the hotel, swim, play and find somewhere to eat. I just came up with the idea once DH was called to work, so I didnt plan early enough to book any dining places. I keep checking hoping Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grove (name?) or Whispering Canyon will open up, but I wont hold my breath. We may just eat at the AoA and call it a day. With no sister (back in Ohio), no Momma (went to heaven last Oct. 31) and DH away at work, I just dont think I want to cook a big thanksgiving meal. My sis and bil and newphew are coming down here the 3rd of December so I will cook a big meal then. Is that weird? Not doing Thanksgiving dinner at all?

Anyhow, the point of all that is that I wish I could black friday shop, but can't. Maybe we will find some deals in the mall that the AG store is opening up in. We are "considering" buying them the McKenna doll they want as a surprise when we go, but I am not sure. We will see but as they are spoiled, probably!

I decided I am making both of my sisters a household binder with all kinds of stuff like monthly and weekly budgets, places for grocery lists, pantry and freezer stock lists, favorite recipes, a place for phone numbers and address, poision control, local hospitals, local takeout menus, homemade cleaning solutions directions, a place for stamps and pens and more. I have been working on this and need to kick it into high gear. We always talk about wanting to get organized and I think having all this info in one place and not scattered in 20 differnt drawers and cabinets will help.

I want to get DH a big tool chest and hope I can find a bargain. Those things are expensive. He works so hard and never gets anything for himself so I am going to bite the bullet and get this for him. He has wanted one for years. Now where to hide it once he come home....

Now that DH is going back to work I will be able to really start shopping. I can't wait. I am ready to start decorating now man! I was actually listening to Christmas music the other day. My kids think I am crazy but hey, it makes me happy, why wait until December? (or in my case Nov. 1st)

Anyone getting some great bargains? Sadly a lot of what I will be getting is AG doll stuff and not much of a sale on those, but I will be hitting their Cyber Monday sale like nobody business!

I don't think it is weird not doing a big Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving day. I'm sure your girls wouldn't mind being at Disney. Art of Animation looks so fun!!!!

I love Black Friday shopping but missed out 2 years ago due to having surgery that day instead. I was disappointed but it really wasn't that big a deal not being able to go.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #345
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

popular toys around here are those little pet things.... why the heck cant I think of there name!!! furreal freinds!
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: