Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #256
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
I should have picked up that Doc McStuffins vet kit for DD on Disney shopping when they had it... it of course is no longer listed. Boo!
Someone posted on the Budget Board that they had them at Toys R Us now so you might check there. They also said that the Disney Store told them they were supposed to be getting the dolls before Christmas so if you're interested you might want to keep an eye out.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #257
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Is it too early to think about what we want for ourselves? I do not normally like character clothing or accessories but someone posted this on the budget board and I it.
http://www.disneystore.com/bags-tote...t=Search_tonal

I pretty much finished up my dd, I got her phone, The Hunger Games DVD and a couple companion books to go with it, and a ski boot bag and pre-ordered a SIMS game. I just have to get her stocking stuffers. I've never been completely done with one of my kids this early, it feels good
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #258
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
Someone posted on the Budget Board that they had them at Toys R Us now so you might check there. They also said that the Disney Store told them they were supposed to be getting the dolls before Christmas so if you're interested you might want to keep an eye out.
Thanks! I found it online at toys r us (for $20, not bad, went ahead and got it). PLUS I found the Handy Manny workshop for $36.... so since I spent over $49 I got free shipping. Super excited. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3515025

Only downside is I had to get it shipped to my Mom because no one likes Alaska. Still saved $65 though... and I'm sure it will be less than that to ship.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
BubMunkeyBles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #259
Irishdisneylover
Earning My Ears

I officially love this thread!!

I love love love Christmas and even more so talking about Christmas shopping. I tend to splurge a bit when it comes to Christmas as hey it only happens once a year! DD starts school on Monday so the shopping will begin that week
Irishdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #260
Manders77
Mouseketeer

I never thought of an art desk for dd. Mil wanted to get dd an art easel which will be great. Since we moved and our apartmentdoesnt have a lot of room an easel will work. This thread is making my mind turn with ideas.
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #261
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
Is it too early to think about what we want for ourselves? I do not normally like character clothing or accessories but someone posted this on the budget board and I it.
http://www.disneystore.com/bags-tote...t=Search_tonal
I that purse!! I think DH would faint if I spent that much on one, though....heck, I think I would faint! I LOVE purses, well, I love buying purses. I find myself not wanting to carry one all the time. But I do love them! At least that's what I tell him everytime I buy a new one.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #262
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishdisneylover View Post
I officially love this thread!!

I love love love Christmas and even more so talking about Christmas shopping. I tend to splurge a bit when it comes to Christmas as hey it only happens once a year! DD starts school on Monday so the shopping will begin that week
Oh good!! Glad to have you here!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #263
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

My ds13 wants an iPod Touch, but we can't afford to buy him one as a gift, so he's been saving up to get one, and expects to have almost enough $$$ with his Christmas money from Grandma.
I intended to give him the balance as a Christmas gift.
I found them on sale at best buy for $25 less than usual, so I bought it (6 mo. interest free w/ a bb card).
I still plan on giving him $$ for Christmas (along with some other gifts), but I'm excited to be able to say, after presents are opened, "How much do you have? OK...hand it over...here's your iPod!"
He'll be happy not to have wait to go to the store to get it!

Silly little thing, I know, but I'm excited!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 PM   #264
stacy76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMW0021
Subscribing! I love Christmas and have completed a bunch of shopping through the target sale.

My big question for the experts. I'm between an iPod touch vs kindle fire vs nook for my sons 7 and 5. I can't get one and not the other as the fight will begin. For those who have any of these or researched, what did u pick and why? So confused.

As a family gift, I was thinking about getting camping gear. My kids love fishing but we haven't been camping yet but I know they will love it. I'm thinking about a tent, sleeping bags, lanterns, etc. so I will be looking for great clearance deals on these items. Looking forward to this thread and getting other ideas!
My kids 4, 6 and 9 all have iPod touch. I also have a nook and my mom has a kindle fire. The kids really have no interest in the nook or the kindle. I do have to say that both me and my husband have iPhones and iPads so we already have a ton of apps for the iPod. For us it makes sense to stay with apple and not have to buy new apps under amazon or barnes and noble. My kids mostly use the iPod for games and music. My 9 year is also a runner so he also uses it to run with. He has used it to read a few books but it is harder to read on then my Nook or iPad. On the iPod/iPad you can download the kindle app and use it as a kindle.

I do have to say I have the nook color and I would go with the kindle fire. I say that because I found the kindle has more free apps and books then the Nook.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #265
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
Thanks! I found it online at toys r us (for $20, not bad, went ahead and got it). PLUS I found the Handy Manny workshop for $36.... so since I spent over $49 I got free shipping. Super excited. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3515025

Only downside is I had to get it shipped to my Mom because no one likes Alaska. Still saved $65 though... and I'm sure it will be less than that to ship.
I'm glad you were able to get it, it sounds like it might be one of those hard to find items pretty soon.

I got a new Captain Underpants book today that I had preordered for DS11 and the price for Kingdom Hearts for 3DS (I can't remember the whole title) had gone down on amazon from $39.99 to $29.99 so I went ahead and ordered that for him, too.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #266
fanoftigger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbornkuntry View Post
I got a new Captain Underpants book today that I had preordered for DS11
I haven't heard of these books, is it a series? Would it be appropriate for a 9.5 year old?? I like to get my nephew a book for Christmas (along with a toy/game). I don't have any ideas for this year's book, so it sounds like a good possibility.

Thanks!

Elisa
fanoftigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #267
mrsbornkuntry
I carry a diaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoftigger View Post
I haven't heard of these books, is it a series? Would it be appropriate for a 9.5 year old?? I like to get my nephew a book for Christmas (along with a toy/game). I don't have any ideas for this year's book, so it sounds like a good possibility.

Thanks!

Elisa
They're a series of kind of silly graphic novels. They are probably around a 3rd grade reading level, but even though my ds tests at about an 8th grade level he loves to read them. The author is Dav Pilkey (not Dave).

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
Old 09-01-2012, 05:08 AM   #268
brendasol
Love that mouse!

I picked up the American Girl doll McKenna today with a $10 coupon I got from inside the McKenna movie! Plus I got some AG accessories....some are already on backorder til October and November! So if you're planning to purchase McKenna items, you might try to do it soon to guarantee you're able to get it in time for Christmas.

I also picked up Hallmark Christmas ornaments for each of my children and a couple ornaments for other gifts ....again, just trying to get the ones I want before they're sold out.

Successful day, marked a couple more people off my list!

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:02 AM   #269
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

We got DD's ornament from the Hallmark store a couple of weeks ago too~ I need to take the boys to get theirs. I was thinking about picking them up at Disney this year, but she definitely wanted this one, so we got it~otherwise it'll be gone after we get home from vacation!!!

Have any of you thought about the new AG doll yet? She's awfully pretty! LOL!!! I can't wait to see what her story is!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #270
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendasol View Post

I also picked up Hallmark Christmas ornaments for each of my children and a couple ornaments for other gifts ....again, just trying to get the ones I want before they're sold out.
That's a good idea. There are 3 ornaments I wanted to buy that are already sold out around here. Hopefully they will get more in but I hate to have to go over to Hallmark every week just to check.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: