Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #211
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I picked this up for DS at Costco Tue. ~ price $10.xx
That is AWESOME! I am definitely going to have to pick this up for a nephew and niece.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #212
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard!! Well, your list is getting shorter I guess! Hopefully you can give us some good ideas for the ones who have hard to buy for relatives!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #213
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Went a did a little back to school shopping today, alone (DD had no interest in going with me today). I picked up a box of Mad Libs today at Marshalls. A good stocking stuffer I figure. And Kroger is offering 4x the fuel points so I got her 5 or 6 gift cards to places like Justice, Aero, Apple App store, Regal Movies, Claire's, etc. to make a gift card tree.

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008

Last edited by bas71873; 08-24-2012 at 06:00 AM.
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #214
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I picked this up for DS at Costco Tue. ~ price $10.xx
Now that is cute. I'll have to pick it up for DH and DD to share together. Well, DH really doesn't want to do the cell phone for her birthday, says we can't take back a birthday present if she gets uppity. The phone is hidden in my closet and we'll find a time to give it her right before her trip with MIL. After seeing the itinerary for that week, I'm rather concerned. She has all the kids at WDW all day every day from opening to close with no downtime. That's hard to do with your immediate family, I can't imagine doing it for 8 straight days with relatives in a RV. It'll be an interesting experience for DD that's for sure.

I'm still stuck on her main birthday present. She really wants to buy one of those parasols they personalize at Magic Kingdom, but I'm not sure if you can use a Disney gift card at those little carts? Or what about the Lego store at Downtown Disney? Maybe I'd be better off with a regular pre-paid Visa that way she can find exactly what she wants when she's at WDW. I'd send cash, but I think that's just asking for trouble. My niece and nephew's birthdays will actually be at WDW during the trip, so I think they're just getting a combined birthday/Christmas Disney gift card.

Walmart is clearancing some of the Lego Friends sets and I was able to pick up a few to split between DD's birthday and Christmas. She really, really wants Hogwarts Castle so I'm hoping Costco has a lego bundle like they did last year.

Everyone else, I just don't know. DH really wants this Emeril cooking set and another set of bamboo sheets, but I'm not sure that's fair to him as those are items we'd both use. Maybe we'll just splurge on those two items and keep it simple for us this year. As for the grandparents... not a clue. Keep the ideas coming!
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #215
Flannelhippos
Earning My Ears

Oh I just found this thread and I LOVE it!!! Keep the ideas, sales and updates coming!

Jennifer
Flannelhippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #216
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Just got a small Jesse action figure type doll on the Disney store for 1.99, they had a few other Toy Story characters too

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #217
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendasol View Post
The "Disney Princess and Me" dolls and outfits are for 18" dolls and THOSE fit the AG dolls. My girls have both types of dolls and outfits. The Minnie Mouse Disney World set is adorable! The "My Disney Princess" sets are for 16" dolls, though, they wouldn't fit the AG full size dolls but maybe Bitty Babies.

Check the Belle dress box, what size doll does it say it fits?

Thanks brendasol. Found what we wanted, but just to clarify for anyone else that may be wondering, it's the "My Disney Girl" outfits that fit the 18" doll. I asked at the World of Disney Store in DTD because I couldn't find them in the store and the CM took me right too them and they clearly say "fits 18" doll" on the outside of the box. We bought Belle and it's SOOOO pretty on DD's AG doll. I think a few more will be added to her Cmas list

Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:53 AM   #218
pammiecakes
Earning My Ears

I love Christmas and I love shopping!!! I picked up my first gift the other day when I saw Operetta, the new monster high doll. My girls are in love with monster high and are already saying they want all the new ones. And since the past 2 years were quite a battle finding the ones that just come out close to christmas i'm going to pick them up as i see them. I hope to have all Monster High dolls bought by mid september.

I am not good with waiting for deals and sales though, so i'm hoping this year to sit back and wait for good deals. My dd13 wants the ipod touch and i know closer to christmas i'll get a good deal on that.

Hopefully this thread will teach me some patience in waiting for the sales.
pammiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #219
acename
DIS Veteran

Love this thread!

Thanks to Target toy clearance, I'm almost finished with my son. I've got the Jungle Junction race track, a Thomas Gold Mine set, several chugington toys, a mater pillow pal, a Cars Geo Trax set, plus a few odds and ends and I've only spent about $100 dollars. A couple of stocking stuffers and maybe another gift and he's done. I also got a few extras because we always need some kind of gift for church and for Toys for Tots. I didn't really find anything my daughter is into though on clearance.

My hardest one is my father-in-law. He always says don't get him anything but that just feels wrong. So hopefully reading this thread will give me some ideas.
acename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #220
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Thanks brendasol. Found what we wanted, but just to clarify for anyone else that may be wondering, it's the "My Disney Girl" outfits that fit the 18" doll. I asked at the World of Disney Store in DTD because I couldn't find them in the store and the CM took me right too them and they clearly say "fits 18" doll" on the outside of the box. We bought Belle and it's SOOOO pretty on DD's AG doll. I think a few more will be added to her Cmas list
Just had to say I looooove the slider on your ticker!!!!!!
And welcome to all the new shoppers!! You will love it!...lots of tips,tricks, and heads up notifications to great sales!!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #221
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephany View Post
I'm still stuck on her main birthday present. She really wants to buy one of those parasols they personalize at Magic Kingdom, but I'm not sure if you can use a Disney gift card at those little carts? Or what about the Lego store at Downtown Disney? Maybe I'd be better off with a regular pre-paid Visa that way she can find exactly what she wants when she's at WDW. I'd send cash, but I think that's just asking for trouble. My niece and nephew's birthdays will actually be at WDW during the trip, so I think they're just getting a combined birthday/Christmas Disney gift card.
When we went to Disney in 2010, we bought our DD one of those personalized parasols. We found out then that they do not take Disney Gift Cards for purchases. I am not sure about other carts or the Lego store, but I know at that time the parasol cart did not take Disney gift card. Just thought I would share

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #222
Ephany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhStuffandFluff View Post
When we went to Disney in 2010, we bought our DD one of those personalized parasols. We found out then that they do not take Disney Gift Cards for purchases. I am not sure about other carts or the Lego store, but I know at that time the parasol cart did not take Disney gift card. Just thought I would share
That is very helpful thank you! She's been wanting one since our last trip (2010 also) so I know it's top of her list. Do you happen to remember how much they cost? I tried googling it, but didn't have any luck.
Ephany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #223
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephany View Post
That is very helpful thank you! She's been wanting one since our last trip (2010 also) so I know it's top of her list. Do you happen to remember how much they cost? I tried googling it, but didn't have any luck.
The price varies a little~it goes up the more you add...I picked up one for a friends daughter last Nov...just had her name and a one drawing, not multiple images...I am thinking it was around $25...maybe more, but I know my dd's a few years ago was around that too..

Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #224
hineshm
4 the luv of Mickey

I picked up my DD12 Aristocats DVD and a portable speaker for her iPod. Also, JC Penny had a great sale and I found my mom an outifit. A few more things off the Christmas list. Yeah!
hineshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #225
pammiecakes
Earning My Ears

Can anyone give me feedback on the ipod nano. I'm thinking about getting this for my dd8. Thanks
pammiecakes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: