Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #196
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu57v View Post
Oh, great thread. I have an 18 year old foster daughter. She is interested in photography, hair/makeup, and is an education major. We usually spend about $100-200 per child on Christmas presents. Ideas?
* photography lessons or class -- a fun one!
* Sephora or Ulta GC
* Amazon GC -- for whatever books she might like
* new lens for her camera
* good version of Photoshop
* fun nail polishes -- OPI has a Minnie Mouse set if you want a Disney bent
* pens -- I always am losing them so love getting replacements

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #197
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

For those with young girls, the budget board had a PSA about a deal at Target on Snow White and Cinderella My First Princess doll sets that normally go for $29.99 and now are ringing up for $8.98! Just scored a Snow White tonight and yep, true. Happy shopping!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #198
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the My Disney Princess girls outfits fit AG dolls? Dd saw them last night at the Poly and wants the Belle dress for her AG girls.

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #199
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas71873 View Post
Does anyone know if the My Disney Princess girls outfits fit AG dolls? Dd saw them last night at the Poly and wants the Belle dress for her AG girls.
The "Disney Princess and Me" dolls and outfits are for 18" dolls and THOSE fit the AG dolls. My girls have both types of dolls and outfits. The Minnie Mouse Disney World set is adorable! The "My Disney Princess" sets are for 16" dolls, though, they wouldn't fit the AG full size dolls but maybe Bitty Babies.

Check the Belle dress box, what size doll does it say it fits?

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #200
Graciesmom77
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Christmas and I am so glad I found others who love it as much as I do!

My husband was supposed to start a job here in Florida that we moved from Ohio for, but once we moved they told us they job is on hold for a few months. Total freak out and we are trying to live off of a VERY small unemployment check right now. Luckily he will leave for a job that is out of state in October. So anyways, the point of all that is that we don't have the money to start shopping quite yet, though I am working on ideas.

For my 11DD and my 9DD, they get a lot of the same things. This year I am going to get them a video camera to make their American Girl videos on. They both want McKenna AG Dolls and about a million other things from AG. Luckily I always shop the cyber Monday sale and get some great deals.

They both are asking for more Monster High dolls so that hunt will begin again.

For my 9 year old, I am thinking the Lego friends sets and maybe a really nice art set and canvases.
My 11 is usually my easy one, but this year she is getting a bit tricky. They both have dsi's and Kindles so I don't know for sure what to get her.

The big thing they are getting and I am SO excited you would think its for me, is my husband and I are going to build them a HUGE American Girl doll house. 12 feet long and 2/3 of it will be almost 4 feet tall and the last 1/3 will be about 5 1/2 feet tall! I cant wait and all I do is look up stuff to make for it. There will be 7 rooms, 4 bedrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a half bathroom, half walk in closet. American Girl stuff is what they play with most of the time and if I walk into their room one more time and see it destroyed so that "the dolls can have a house" I will scream! lol I know that they will be sooo excited and when they are tired of AG, I have 2 more that can love it!

My 2 year is going to get Alphie and some extra cards and a Leapster and games all of which I already have, and an Our Generation doll and a bed for the doll. I am sure she will get more Barbies as that child is obssessed with Barbies.

My one year old is a big question mark. We already have tons of toys her age, my 3 year was just 1 18 months ago! lol Probably the new Princess Little People and castle and new clothes and pj's.

Sorry for the long post, I am just so excited to have someone to share my excitement with!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #201
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Hi Michelle!! What a bummer for y'all with the job situation!! But, we are glad you found us and you can talk to us all you want about presents and AG!!!!
My dd is 9 and has them, but she is not as into it as it sounds like your older 2 are,,..but I wonder if she had a sister if she wouldn't be....she does play with them a lot more when her friends are here....And wow!! 4 little girls!!! How fun is that!!!! that just means dolls, dolls and more dolls!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #202
Manders77
Mouseketeer

My DD4 is into the Disney Princess dolls. I went to target tonight based on the budget board tip for 8.98. All the Snow White and Cinderella dolls were full price. It must of been an error because even some of the toy employees said they had no clue and never knew they were ringing up for that price. OHWELL. She also likes Monster High and I found one I never saw before so I picked it up.

But on the bright side, while at WDW last week we bought my DD a new Aurora doll and some princess books and markers and jewelry. Before we left I already got her a Merida doll. My lil man DS (almost 2) got some cars stuff. While at WDW, they both picked out stuffed animals (DD got Mickey and baby goofy and DS got Pooh and Goofy)
Manders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #203
Nanu57v
Someone needs to tell the Tag Fairy to consult with me about spelling
Has her priorities in the right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesky View Post
* photography lessons or class -- a fun one!
* Sephora or Ulta GC
* Amazon GC -- for whatever books she might like
* new lens for her camera
* good version of Photoshop
* fun nail polishes -- OPI has a Minnie Mouse set if you want a Disney bent
* pens -- I always am losing them so love getting replacements
Thanks! She actually doesn't have a nice camera...which was my first idea, but I couldn't find a used DSLR for under $200 in good condition. Or under $300 for that matter. Photoshop is a good idea though...and maybe I'll luck out with the camera by Dec!

I'd actually love to give her mine and get myself a Nikon D2000...but $2K is a little out of the $40 budget DH and I set on ourselves, lol.

Me DH DD15 DD9 DD5

Last edited by Nanu57v; 08-19-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: had more to say
Nanu57v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #204
brendasol
Love that mouse!

Got some great camo clothes and hunting gear at cabela's last night. They're having sales and are offering free shipping for card holders....plus I had $60 of cabela's points to spend. Woohoo, finished another person on my list!

1st family trip Polynesian 2008, Wilderness Cabin Halloween Haunt 2010, Kadani Village 2012, Old Key West surprise Christmas 2012, Saratoga Springs star wars weekends 2013, Disneyland June 2013, Wilderness Cabins Halloween 2013, 3 generation Christmas Saratoga Springs 2013,Cabins Sept 2014, Princess Enchanted 10K Feb 2015
Me , DH , DS (15), DD (13), DD (8), DD (7)

brendasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #205
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanu57v View Post
Thanks! She actually doesn't have a nice camera...which was my first idea, but I couldn't find a used DSLR for under $200 in good condition. Or under $300 for that matter. Photoshop is a good idea though...and maybe I'll luck out with the camera by Dec!

I'd actually love to give her mine and get myself a Nikon D2000...but $2K is a little out of the $40 budget DH and I set on ourselves, lol.
If she's going to college you might want to check there to see if they offer free or reduced software to students. My university has hundreds of free software programs for students including photoshop. My windows program was even free.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #206
Nanu57v
Someone needs to tell the Tag Fairy to consult with me about spelling
Has her priorities in the right place

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
If she's going to college you might want to check there to see if they offer free or reduced software to students. My university has hundreds of free software programs for students including photoshop. My windows program was even free.
Thanks! I don't see anything through her school, but she'd qualify through Photoshop's website.

Me DH DD15 DD9 DD5
Nanu57v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #207
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

So excited. I just read this article:http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/487513...4#.UDWd_47-v0c
and it gave me a fabulous idea for a gift for my stylish MIL. It's a book called Advanced Style of all these ladies showing off their fashion and giving tips who are 60 or over. Love it!!! And importantly, so will MIL. I can already see her putting in a mass order for her friends.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #208
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

what a great idea~ and I went to the link and I loved that lady!!!

Disney Mommy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #209
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

I picked this up for DS at Costco Tue. ~ price $10.xx
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #210
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Joining this thread. I don't have as many people to buy for anymore since we don't buy for siblings anymore and buy for our nieces and nephews til they are 21. (on my side only - DH's side never got into the gift exchange and they all live out of state). So, basically I have 1 niece who is 19, 2 Great-Nieces who are 5 and 1, My Dad and DH's Dad and then our immediate family of DH, DS13 and DD11. So, not a huge list so that just makes me buy more for our kids.

Seems the older they get the harder it gets to buy for them. They both already have I-pads, Phones, I-touches, Netbooks and gameing systems. So what I was going to do for this years big gift is get them both a small photo album (those cheapie ones that don't hold a ton of pics) and in each space where a photo is to go I am going to put in a gift card or cash. Trying to think of the different gift cards I could get and so far came up with the following as ideas:

DS13 - Champs Store, Maggie Moos (ice cream), Afton Alps (Ski/Snowboard Place), Super America, Subway, Arby's, Leann Chins, Target, I-tunes, Skyzone (Trampoline Jumping Place).

DD11 - Maggie Moos, Afton Alps, SA, Subway, Arbys, Leann Chins, Target, Itunes, Skyzone, Claires, Aeropostale, Michaels.

Not sure what ones I will get yet but at least they are things I can start picking up now. Also got DD her 1st Coach Purse at an outlet for $40. They will both get clothes and some other things as I like to have a tree full of gifts and DH and I really don't buy much for each other anymore either. So, will be following along and seeing what other suggestions you all might have.
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: