Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #1426
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksgirl View Post
Still hanging in here too. We arrive September 27th, but are a bit flexible with that date. Could come in a couple of days earlier or later, if need be, to fit into discount dates. FWIW, I called yesterday (my 180 day mark) to make ADRs. Got everything I wanted at the time I wanted, easily (YAY). During the conversation, I mentioned to the CM that we usually come during FD but that, since it doesn't look promising this year (I was angling for info if she had any), I just bit the bullet and booked anyway. She said "Oh, I wouldn't count it out just yet for those dates. They're cutting back on the amount of times it's offered, but it's not completely gone. I think you're very likely to get it for your dates."
We arrive on sept 28, and are staying at POR- so im crossing my fingers here too! Otherwise I think we will def downgrade to a value, or stay offsite - with 5 people in our family, we can't afford to go without a really good deal, like FD!
Fivemuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #1427
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
We arrive on sept 28, and are staying at POR- so im crossing my fingers here too! Otherwise I think we will def downgrade to a value, or stay offsite - with 5 people in our family, we can't afford to go without a really good deal, like FD!
We would probably switch to off site too. With 4 kids, 2 of which are adults, there is no way we can afford it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #1428
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by codfishy View Post
This is an easy one. No free dining in November, no DisneyWorld. There are better travel values.
We are in the same boat.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #1429
Tink3rbell86
Mouseketeer

Ants in my pants :)

Im starting to get a little antsy. I'm holding out on buying our plane tickets because if the end dates are earlier then the 22nd we may switch for the free dining. I just dont want to wait toooo long and pay TONS for our flight. No matter what the discount can't they release something for fall!!! What the heck are they waiting for!?

Still have hope!

7 trips and counting
Me DH , DD3 & DS9months

t-33days til our next disney world trip. No better time to write my first PTR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3159886

Returning to the world September 21-30th staying at POR
DS first trip DD second trip
Tink3rbell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #1430
disneymom06
DIS Veteran

We drive down so are able to be flexible with time. FD is the only was another Disney trip is in the running. For repeat visitors, it is not a one time splurge so we are at this time looking at other options.
disneymom06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #1431
supe3
Earning My Ears

I started looking yesterday at off site places to rent as a backup if their is no free dining in Sep/Oct. How long should we wait before making other plans? Or maybe I should be asking what is the latest date you would expect to hear something from Disney about free dining before we KNOW their is or is not going to be free dining?
supe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #1432
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supe3 View Post
I started looking yesterday at off site places to rent as a backup if their is no free dining in Sep/Oct. How long should we wait before making other plans? Or maybe I should be asking what is the latest date you would expect to hear something from Disney about free dining before we KNOW their is or is not going to be free dining?
Oct deals typically come out in July, but have come as late as the first week of Aug. If we don't hear anything by mid-Aug, that would be the time to panic.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1433
mommycrawford
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrabin View Post
Us too. No free dining = staying off property
Sadly,...I have to agree! The prices have just gotten prohibitively high!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #1434
Tifley
Earning My Ears

OK...starting to get very nervous. Thought I would price out a vacation using a TA that Mousesavers suggested because they advertised a fall special starting Sept 12th that included dining. She emailed me back stating if we booked with her, because we are a large group, she could get us a group rate, but if FD came out, we couldn't switch. I explained I was just pricing out options incase they don't have FD. She then responded saying she wouldn't count on FD this year at all because Disney is having no problems filling up rooms with the discounts they are offering right now! That really crushed my hopes of FD for our trip...possibly moving offsite now

** Jan 2011 - POR (DH, DD16, DS13, DD10, DD3 & me!) **
** Jan 2012 - POR (DH, DS14, DD11, DD4 & me!) **
** Sept 2013 - POR (DH, DD19, DS16, DD13, DD6, DM, DF, & me!) **
** Sept 2014 - POP (DM, DF, DS, DN4, DD7 & me!) **
Tifley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #1435
wundermommy76
Mouseketeer

I know that last year free dining was already offered by now because we booked in March 2012 for September 2012 & FD was included!!! This is getting frustrating now.

2011-FW 2012-POP 2013-POFQ 2014-POP again!
wundermommy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #1436
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wundermommy76 View Post
I know that last year free dining was already offered by now because we booked in March 2012 for September 2012 & FD was included!!! This is getting frustrating now.
Last year was the only year it was offered in March, so don't let that worry you too much. Historically FD has been announced later (although not too much later - more like April or May).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #1437
revdon64
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifley View Post
OK...starting to get very nervous. Thought I would price out a vacation using a TA that Mousesavers suggested because they advertised a fall special starting Sept 12th that included dining. She emailed me back stating if we booked with her, because we are a large group, she could get us a group rate, but if FD came out, we couldn't switch. I explained I was just pricing out options incase they don't have FD. She then responded saying she wouldn't count on FD this year at all because Disney is having no problems filling up rooms with the discounts they are offering right now! That really crushed my hopes of FD for our trip...possibly moving offsite now
Have you considered the possibility that your Travel Agent just wants your business and will lie to or misinform you in order to get your business?

I wouldn't count out Free Dining just yet, in fact, I'm still hopeful for it. We're booked and will go regardless, but it will still be nice.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #1438
Texas Barbie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
Have you considered the possibility that your Travel Agent just wants your business and will lie to or misinform you in order to get your business?

I wouldn't count out Free Dining just yet, in fact, I'm still hopeful for it. We're booked and will go regardless, but it will still be nice.
I agree. The agent is just trying to get the booking. I wouldn't give up yet.
Texas Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #1439
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Barbie View Post
I agree. The agent is just trying to get the booking. I wouldn't give up yet.
I once had a TA tell me that Disney never has discounts. Needless to say, I've never booked with that one. When a TA doesn't even know the basics about WDW, that's when I go elsewhere. Thankfully I have a good TA right now, but I actually didn't book our Nov. trip with her. I booked at the AAA Travel Show that was in my area last month because they were also offering gift cards when you booked. Yesterday I emailed the TA that I booked with at the show, and I still haven't heard back from her which does concern me a bit. It has only been a day, but I'm used to hearing back the same day when I contact me TA.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #1440
gdesousa4688
Earning My Ears

Summer Discounts

I just got an email with summer discounts but it's for rooms only. Book by 6/14 for stays from 4/28 to 8/14. I'm staying 8/24-8/28.
gdesousa4688 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: