Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #1066
nikjd68
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 220

I booked MYW package with room and tickets, no dining plan, for August 18 through 25. I used a PIN code to get a discount on a room. Couple questions: If FD is offered, will late August be included? Can I take advantage of FD where I have already booked a package with the PIN code and I don't currently have the dining plan. Also, my PIN has expired.
nikjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #1067
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,444

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikjd68 View Post
I booked MYW package with room and tickets, no dining plan, for August 18 through 25. I used a PIN code to get a discount on a room. Couple questions: If FD is offered, will late August be included? Can I take advantage of FD where I have already booked a package with the PIN code and I don't currently have the dining plan. Also, my PIN has expired.
If free dining is offered, you can call to see if your resort and room category is available under the free dining offer. If it is, they can simply add free dining to your package and you would lose your room discount. If it is not available for your resort or room category, you can switch to a resort and room category that is available for the deal. There is no need to cancel anything. It would be a modification to your existing reservation. If ticket prices go up before a free dining deal comes out, you would have to pay the new prices if you modify your reservation, so you would need to do the math to see if switching would be the best deal. That week is often included in the bounceback offer for free dining, but not usually available for the general public offer. Anything is possible, though. Good luck!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #1068
nikjd68
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 220

Thanks!
nikjd68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #1069
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

It's usually offered at the very end of August.
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #1070
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,255

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
In 2012, free dining was offered November 9-15 which included Vetern's day.
I didn't no that. Hope they do that again this year or at least a room discount.
__________________

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #1071
G719
Mouseketeer
 
G719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wild, Wonderful WV
Posts: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65

I didn't no that. Hope they do that again this year or at least a room discount.
Yep! You can find past dates of free dining on the Internet. I googled for them. We are hoping to go Nivember 9 and are impatiently waiting some kind of discount.
__________________
G719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #1072
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,255

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
Yep! You can find past dates of free dining on the Internet. I googled for them. We are hoping to go Nivember 9 and are impatiently waiting some kind of discount.
Well, thank you and good luck to everyone going that same week
__________________

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #1073
MyZoeJane
DIS Veteran
 
MyZoeJane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 1,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Thanks so much. Don't think I want to split reservations to try to get the free dining. Seems like too much work.
It's easy. I did it last February. We checked in on February 10th and there was no free dining for that day or the next, but there was for February 12th-17th for the rest of our trip. We booked room only for the first two nights, and they gave us our park tickets that went with our Free Dining package two days early. On the 12th I just had to check in for our Free Dining reservation and then our park tickets had the dining plan added for the rrmaining nights of our stay.

A no brainer, if you ask me!
__________________
Ali
Mom to Zoe age 8 and Ezra age 2


Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes really CAN change your life!
MyZoeJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #1074
Chabby
Mouseketeer
 
Chabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Panama
Posts: 376

Question: if the reason Disney offers promotions is to fill out the resorts during slow times, wouldn't it be better to NOT book a reservation until they release the promotions?
I mean, if we all call and book Disney may think there is no need to offer anything.
I really don't know, I'm just a newbie who's desperate to see what promotions are available for the begining of September
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #1075
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
Question: if the reason Disney offers promotions is to fill out the resorts during slow times, wouldn't it be better to NOT book a reservation until they release the promotions?
I mean, if we all call and book Disney may think there is no need to offer anything.
I really don't know, I'm just a newbie who's desperate to see what promotions are available for the begining of September
that's the theory, yes.
But since many people go ahead and book anyway, some because they'll go anyway, and some because they think it guarantees them a particular resort when the sale breaks (it does not), I'm not sure that NOT booking has much of an impact.
But I wait until the sale breaks, so count me in as one who believes it might make a difference.
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #1076
Chabby
Mouseketeer
 
Chabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Panama
Posts: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
that's the theory, yes.
But since many people go ahead and book anyway, some because they'll go anyway, and some because they think it guarantees them a particular resort when the sale breaks (it does not), I'm not sure that NOT booking has much of an impact.
But I wait until the sale breaks, so count me in as one who believes it might make a difference.
Last year I booked our vacation not knowing about FD and when it came out I was able to add it without a problem.
This year our trip basically depends on us getting some sort of discount, preferably FD, but I would also take a s/p/d discount if they offer it.
I will also wait to book the trip
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #1077
micknpluto
DIS Veteran
 
micknpluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,985

I heard someone else in the travel business. Specializing in WDW vacations say they're probably not gonna offer fd. If that's true that sucks !! And will definitely effect my annual trip to Disney in the fall. They did day they'll probably replace with a different kind of discount. Disney gods need to listen to us loyal fans !! We need fd
__________________
Chris
micknpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #1078
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I heard someone else in the travel business. Specializing in WDW vacations say they're probably not gonna offer fd. If that's true that sucks !! And will definitely effect my annual trip to Disney in the fall. They did day they'll probably replace with a different kind of discount. Disney gods need to listen to us loyal fans !! We need fd
Rumors have been that if FD is offered it will be QS plan for Mods + Deluxe and nothing for the Values. My family is planning to stay at a Mod in October; hoping for FD.
__________________
scard192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #1079
sharkyandbones
Earning My Ears
 
sharkyandbones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NY...not close enough!
Posts: 24

fwiw, I wouldn't put any stock in rumors...Disney fans for whatever reason tend to be very negative with predictions and opinions on changes

Anyway, I have spoken with Disney agents in the past who have said that free dining is one of their biggest promotions of the year. It is a way for them to not only fill the resorts during slower periods but also introduce people to the many dining options on the resort that they otherwise may not experience. I doubt it is going anywhere. They may tweak it to encourage more people to stay in moderates or deluxes, but I would be surprised if they do anything more than that, such as only offer QS.
__________________
John



Offsite 1984**POR 9/2010**ASMu 1/2012**POFQ 12/2012**POFQ 9/2013
sharkyandbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #1080
mickey2000
Pin trader
 
mickey2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 3,506

UK residents, get ready for some awesome news!! Book a dream Walt Disney World holiday at selected Disney Hotels on selected dates in 2013 & receive FREE dining for everyone on your booking for your entire stay when you add your Disney Theme Park Tickets.

Valid for Arrivals January 1st-March 19th, 2013 & April 7th-December 8th, 2013

Virgin Holidays has released an exciting offer for United Kingdom residents. This dream holiday in Walt Disney World must be booked prior to 10 July 2012. You’ll get accommodations at select WDW hotels, free dining for your family, fourteen Disney park ticket days, plus Virgin Holidays customers will receive $200 in Disney spending money when staying at select Disney resorts during the dates noted above.

Note, a 5-night stay is required! Guests staying at a Disney moderate resort will enjoy the free Quick Service Dining Plan. Reserving a deluxe hotel or villa will entitle your family to the free standard Disney Dining Plan.
With a Disney Dining Plan (DDP), your family will enjoy the freedom of having pre-paid for your holiday meals as well as tremendous restaurant choices. The DDP uses an easy points system that gives your family the flexibility of dining at over 100 locations in WDW.
__________________
TIME SPENT WITH DISNEY ( Totals 376 days 343 nts)

[
][/URL]][/URL][
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: