Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #421
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipears Fan View Post

The Stay Play Dine is the equivelant of 5 days worth of FD. Because the savings are capped at about $600, those staying longer than a week do not reap the benefit.
Wow, I didn't realize that. So you cannot save over $600? That kind of stinks. I just figured they meant on a 5 night stay that would be the savings. I need to learn to read deeper into things.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #422
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Wow, I didn't realize that. So you cannot save over $600? That kind of stinks. I just figured they meant on a 5 night stay that would be the savings. I need to learn to read deeper into things.
I guess i don't know for sure, but i don't think it is capped at $600. I have seen others that have said they saved over that. But without actually calling myself, (which i wouldn't get away with. I can get away checking the net though LOL) I won't know for sure.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #423
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
To be honest, I am not as excited as many of you about the Stay Play Dine offer. I am really hoping FD is still in the cards when they release summer deals come April/May.

The Stay Play Dine is the equivelant of 5 days worth of FD. Because the savings are capped at about $600, those staying longer than a week do not reap the benefit.
They are not capped at $600. My savings looks like 1,200 when I did a quote online for my package.

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #424
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Great news!!!! Thank you for the update!!! I am not going until November, but in case this deal is there 'new' free dining, I want to be prepared.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:13 PM   #425
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Ok I just called and took advantage of this Visa Rewards offer. I had already been booked for Jan 3-13 at POR Royal Room, with dining plan and park hoppers. This offer just took $1000 off my bill.

I will still watch in case free dining comes out because that would probably save us another $500 or so. But I am happy to have this amount taken off right now!!
Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #426
tstidm1
DIS Veteran

I wonder whether this is a decent idea for Solos to go Stay, Play and Dine or just take a room discount. To pay Kids prices for Dining is a significant savings for those who want to do Dining, but would that also include a savings on the room also. I know there are no savings on tickets from Disney.
June 2011 Off Site
July 2012 Pop Century
March 2013 All Star Sports
July 2014 Dis Exclusive ABD Backstage Magic

Maybe March 2015 trip to Universal Orlando (Going to the Dark Side maybe).
tstidm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #427
Hordes
Earning My Ears

hmm, wonder how much the wife, 3 year old and I would save at Pop for a week....would one come close to similar pricing on a moderate vs value or a deluxe vs moderate?
Hordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #428
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
To be honest, I am not as excited as many of you about the Stay Play Dine offer. I am really hoping FD is still in the cards when they release summer deals come April/May.

My husband and I are staying at Boardwalk and are saving over 1k, so I don't think it's capped after 5 days. I am not sure how the discount works. There's only two of us and we are staying 8 nights.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #429
makingplans4WDW
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if only your check-in date has to be before the 3/7/2013 end date to get this deal? I was thinking of a week-long trip 1st week of March but hadn't planned on checking out until 3/9.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #430
hivemama
Mouseketeer

I just switched our reservation over to the new promo, and while talking to the agent, she mentioned that it's still very likely that free dining will be offered. I realize this is coming from a CM, so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm still hopeful!

DH Me DS9 DD8 DD6 DS5
hivemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #431
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Actually can anyone grab the list of eligible dates?? More specifically can anyone assure me that Feb 24th isn't in the list of excepted dates but it'd be nicer if we had a full list

Sooooooooo exciting

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #432
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronk N Tink View Post
Actually can anyone grab the list of eligible dates?? More specifically can anyone assure me that Feb 24th isn't in the list of excepted dates but it'd be nicer if we had a full list

Sooooooooo exciting
you can view both offers at the following links

Room Only - http://www.disneyrewards.com/offers/wdwroomofferoct12

Stay Play Dine - http://www.disneyrewards.com/offers/...yplaydineoct12

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #433
liquid17
Earning My Ears

I am hold with WDW - they said it would be a 30m wait! I hope my plans work out.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #434
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstidm1 View Post
I wonder whether this is a decent idea for Solos to go Stay, Play and Dine or just take a room discount. To pay Kids prices for Dining is a significant savings for those who want to do Dining, but would that also include a savings on the room also. I know there are no savings on tickets from Disney.
This is a discount on the total price of a room/tickets/dining package. It is not a discount specifically on the room, dining or tickets but on the full package.

I can't tell how this discount works as far as how many nights you can book or exactly what form the discount takes but it appears to be a varying percentage off the package price.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #435
toughmudder
Mouseketeer

Long-time lurker... first time poster.

Is the 5-night stay deal just a packaged way of showing you how much you save overall by applying the room discount? That seems to be what my travel agent is saying... and that you don't have to stay a minimum of 5 days to get the discount, either - we are staying 4 nights, and can still apply the room discount and get similar overall savings (per night). When I do the math, however, this other promotion seems to be more than that.

Any agents out there willing to confirm? Is the five-day deal truly an adult at child's price option, or just the room discount applied to your overall package? Also - can it be applied if you're staying less than five nights?
toughmudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: