Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #3241
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygoldenhair View Post

When did that change happen? We had FD dates only part of our stay last trip but received the FD and tickets (6 day) were acceptable the entire stay.
It's not a change, but they go by the check in date. If you check in during FD you'll get it the length of stay. You can't check in before it starts and have it start in the middle.

Doing a room only for one night and starting your package on the 29th allows your check in day for the package to on a day FD is being offered.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #3242
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygoldenhair View Post
When did that change happen? We had FD dates only part of our stay last trip but received the FD and tickets (6 day) were acceptable the entire stay.
Nothing has changed. You must check in on a covered FD date to get FD for your stay. So if your trip starts prior to the FD offer, you have to book a split stay and check out and back in on the covered FD date to get the deal. You can check in on the last covered date and have FD for your entire stay up to 14 nights.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #3243
lauradis
DIS Veteran

I think you guys will need to start a new thread by Tuesday 404k views thats just crazy
lauradis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #3244
POROct2013
Mouseketeer

I just found this thread (wow, is it ever long)! Total newbie here!

We have already booked and paid for our stay in October for a Royal Guest Room at POR, including the DDP. If the FD offer does happen, what do I do? Do I call Reservations and have it applied to our account (in this case, would we just get a credit because we already paid for the DP)? I read in this thread that you should have back up rooms/resorts picked out. Why is that? If I already have a reservation, aren't they just updating my reservation? They wouldn't cancel it and then try to re-book, would they?

I am just wondering if it is worth it for us. I mean saving the $$$ would be great but I don't know if I want to risk losing our reservation in a RGR at the POR.

Sorry for the totally newbie question!!
POROct2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #3245
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POROct2013 View Post

We have already booked and paid for our stay in October for a Royal Guest Room at POR, including the DDP. If the FD offer does happen, what do I do? Do I call Reservations and have it applied to our account (in this case, would we just get a credit because we already paid for the DP)? I read in this thread that you should have back up rooms/resorts picked out. Why is that? If I already have a reservation, aren't they just updating my reservation? They wouldn't cancel it and then try to re-book, would they?

I am just wondering if it is worth it for us. I mean saving the $$$ would be great but I don't know if I want to risk losing our reservation in a RGR at the POR.

If your check in date falls within the FD dates then the easiest thing would be to call reservations. They would do everything for you and you would get a credit for the free dining. People say to have a backup room/resort because some of the room types/resorts sell out quickly. They only release a certain amount of rooms per resort for FD. In the past, for me, they have only updated (as in not had to refund my whole amount and recharge me) my res and then refunded the difference. In some cases (and I'm not sure what they are Smitch would know) some people have had to refund the entire res and recharge the new one. There is another thread that has the dates listed and everyone seems to be over there. I'll see if I can link it.

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
KermitRinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #3246
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by POROct2013 View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about losing your Royal Guest Room. When FD is released, most of the rooms they block out are going to be the lower priced rooms, standard and garden view. The rooms they offer with Free Dining are the higher priced rooms, such as your Royal Guest Room. That's been my experience anyway...
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #3247
POROct2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about losing your Royal Guest Room. When FD is released, most of the rooms they block out are going to be the lower priced rooms, standard and garden view. The rooms they offer with Free Dining are the higher priced rooms, such as your Royal Guest Room. That's been my experience anyway...
Thank you. We actually booked the RGR River View so it is the highest level we can get. We wouldn't mind changing to another view (downgrading) but we still want the RGR. I hope it will all be okay *if* they offer FD.
POROct2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #3248
pdragone
Earning My Ears

November free dining

We have a trip booked thru AAA for Nov 4 to Nov 11 at POR. Hearing all kinds of rumors about free dining and saw that one of the ossible weeks ends on Nov 2. I know you get free dining if you check in during the promotion so wondering if it would be worth it to change the trip to Nov 2 to Nov 9. That does change my fights from Mon to Mon to sat to sat so just wanted to get some thoughts
pdragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #3249
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragone View Post
We have a trip booked thru AAA for Nov 4 to Nov 11 at POR. Hearing all kinds of rumors about free dining and saw that one of the ossible weeks ends on Nov 2. I know you get free dining if you check in during the promotion so wondering if it would be worth it to change the trip to Nov 2 to Nov 9. That does change my fights from Mon to Mon to sat to sat so just wanted to get some thoughts
How much would it cost to change flights? If you would still be saving a lot even after paying change fees, I would do it.
disneyfantotheend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #3250
kermitman18
Earning My Ears

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but I was just able to grab a standard room with free dining at Wilderness Lodge,

This room category was not previously available. Saves me $200 on my trip. We had originally booked a Woods View.

I hope someone else can benefit from this news.

kermitman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #3251
doberlady
It just never gets old to me
I adore the obsessiveness of Disney planning

what are your dates Kermitman???

Dixie Landings 1993 * Dixie Landings 1997
Dixie Landings 2000 * Old Key West 2002
Old Key West 2005 * Old Key West 2006
Contemporary 2008 * Disney Magic 2009
POR/CR 2010 * Contemporary 2011
Contemporary 2012 * Beach Club CL 2014

doberlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #3252
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
From his ticker, he is going in September.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #3253
kermitman18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberlady View Post
September 17th - 24th

kermitman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #3254
hivemama
Mouseketeer

When they release official dates for free dining, where is it usually posted first?

DH Me DS9 DD8 DD6 DS5
hivemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #3255
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemama View Post
When they release official dates for free dining, where is it usually posted first?
Here or in the FD thread on the discounts sticky of the resort board.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: