Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #286
loganpaulsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zy144622
How do you get on an email list for vacation deals? Everything I get is always about movies and games.
I get all those too.. They just mean that Disney definitely has your information. Today I received a Disney Destinations mailer and I started jumping up and down.. Lol.. It was from nov. to dec. no pincode just advertising.. So disappointing..
loganpaulsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #287
BuzznBelle'smom
There are tomato-ey paw prints all around the stove
I've never had it burn, and I do this regularly

My TA said they won't put out new dates until the current promotion ends (9/29). So, here's hoping stuff comes out next week. FWIW, I only booked dining about 10 days ago, and there was plenty of availability. I got Akershus and Be Our Guest for w/o 1/27. There were openings for CRT during that time frame, too--I didn't book there (did it last time, don't want to waste credits), and I don't remember if it was for all three meals. But, I wouldn't panic about restaurants just yet.
BuzznBelle'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #288
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom
My TA said they won't put out new dates until the current promotion ends (9/29). So, here's hoping stuff comes out next week. FWIW, I only booked dining about 10 days ago, and there was plenty of availability. I got Akershus and Be Our Guest for w/o 1/27. There were openings for CRT during that time frame, too--I didn't book there (did it last time, don't want to waste credits), and I don't remember if it was for all three meals. But, I wouldn't panic about restaurants just yet.
I wouldn't expect to see anything until mid October
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #289
BuzznBelle'smom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix View Post
I wouldn't expect to see anything until mid October
We already have a package booked with a AAA discount, so I'm good either way. I just don't want to pay, then re-book and have it take weeks to get the refund--particularly since this is a gift trip, so it won't be MY credit that gets exercized.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:01 PM   #290
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom

We already have a package booked with a AAA discount, so I'm good either way. I just don't want to pay, then re-book and have it take weeks to get the refund--particularly since this is a gift trip, so it won't be MY credit that gets exercized.
Those lines are going to be busy when they release the winter promo... not looking forward to that. At the CMs are pleasent to talk to.
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
Old 09-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #291
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix View Post
Those lines are going to be busy when they release the winter promo... not looking forward to that. At the CMs are pleasent to talk to.
They sure will be busy!

Tomorrow Fall FD offer ends, lets see if they release a new one on Sunday or next week!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #292
Bo Duke
(Jason) l You can NEVER make everyone happy, but You can make everyone miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzznBelle'smom View Post
From what I know, and i may be wrong, If you have booked an AAA room only discount you can not get a dining plan with that.

March 1996 (HS band trip) Offsite(that was scary!), May 2011 CBR, Jan - Feb 2012 CBR, Jan - Feb 2013 POR, Jan-Feb 2014 POP

Bo Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #293
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Duke View Post
From what I know, and i may be wrong, If you have booked an AAA room only discount you can not get a dining plan with that.
Bo Duke, it is true that you cannot book a AAA room only and add a dining plan, but since BuzznBelle'smom has booked a package, she can have a dining plan. Also there would be no reason to cancel and rebook if free dining comes out.

BuzznBelle'smom, if a free dining plan comes out for your dates, you will need to let your TA know so they can call Disney and see if it can be applied to your reservation. There is a chance that you would need to switch room categories or even hotels depending on what is offered, but you would keep the same reservation number and any credit would be refunded to you. They say to allow one to two billing cycles for refunds, but in my experience, it has only taken a matter or days to a week. Good luck!
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #294
BuzznBelle'smom

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Bo Duke, it is true that you cannot book a AAA room only and add a dining plan, but since BuzznBelle'smom has booked a package, she can have a dining plan. Also there would be no reason to cancel and rebook if free dining comes out.

BuzznBelle'smom, if a free dining plan comes out for your dates, you will need to let your TA know so they can call Disney and see if it can be applied to your reservation. There is a chance that you would need to switch room categories or even hotels depending on what is offered, but you would keep the same reservation number and any credit would be refunded to you. They say to allow one to two billing cycles for refunds, but in my experience, it has only taken a matter or days to a week. Good luck!
Thanks! My TA is on hot stand-by for any new deals coming out. She's expecting that it will be in the next couple of weeks. She said she had a couple clients she was looking out for with this. It's possible the TA's would even get advance notice, I don't know.

It's been a while since I've stayed onsite, so this whole dining plan stuff is fairly new to me. We did the Premium Plan, 10 years and a couple of kids ago.

Also, the TA is the one who said WDW can take up to 30 days to credit a cancelled/rebooked trip. Since it's not my credit card, I don't want to tie up so much of someone else's money. In any event, we're still 4 months out, so no need to rush down and pay it off. I did the deposit, but on my card--I don't mind having $200 in limbo for a month, if necessary.

On a good note, I got my Unofficial Guide today,a nd I realized DH and I have more Disney money (rewards dollars and a gift card) than I anticipated. So, I booked Hoop De Doo and I'm splurging on Park Hopper passes. And getting really excited!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #295
Kronk N Tink
Found Nemo

Quote:
It's possible the TA's would even get advance notice, I don't know.
Not really... maybe a matter of hours if anything.

Feb 2013 CBR
Nemo's First Trip Feb 2012 ASMo
Kronk and Tink's first trip together Oct 2008 POFQ
Kronk has stayed many many times (somewhere between 15-20) At FW
Kronk N Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #296
dakotix
Mouseketeer

woohoo! Winter graphics are up on Special Offers page and old Fall FD is history! Won't be long now When do you think it will be released? I'm hoping for within the next 5 minutes but in reality my vote would be around Columbus Day 10/8.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #297
bohdi
Earning My Ears

i cant stand the wait...any one hear ANY news on free dining? not sur if should book a package or not for last week of january.will i be able to move my dates if they do come out with a free dining deal if the dates don't fall on my booking dates? im just a little nervous to wait too long!
bohdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #298
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

January, January... Come on Mickey! Hook a girl up!!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #299
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohdi
i cant stand the wait...any one hear ANY news on free dining? not sur if should book a package or not for last week of january.will i be able to move my dates if they do come out with a free dining deal if the dates don't fall on my booking dates? im just a little nervous to wait too long!
I always change mine.
I book thru Disney & have never had any issues... I'm on change 3 with this trip, so far...

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #300
disneyjen89
Earning My Ears

I'm waiting on free dining for Feb 2013 too. Had a trip booked and paid for for 2nd week of December with free dining. but just had to move it due to unexpected emergency.
disneyjen89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: