Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #2791
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Could it be taxes? I believe there are resorts in different counties within WDW. Different counties could have different tax structures/rates, and also how room rates are affected by certain discounts or giveaways. I could see that causing a $0.50 discrepancy per day.
that could make sense with the difference between the resorts, but why would that affect the difference in the price for Pop century with and without the food plan? does the country charge a $0.50 a day tax to allow free food plan?
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #2792
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Could it be taxes? I believe there are resorts in different counties within WDW. Different counties could have different tax structures/rates, and also how room rates are affected by certain discounts or giveaways. I could see that causing a $0.50 discrepancy per day.
Oh now that you say that, I have read that before!
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #2793
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskywalker View Post
that could make sense with the difference between the resorts, but why would that affect the difference in the price for Pop century with and without the food plan? does the country charge a $0.50 a day tax to allow free food plan?
I don't know. It could be extra taxes on the room because there's a giveaway involved (though no discount); it could be a miniscule tax on the dining plan itself. And again, these could vary between counties. It's just speculation on my part, but it's about the only kind of thing I can imagine that would affect pricing by such a small amount.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #2794
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Oh now that you say that, I have read that before!
I think all the parks and most of the resorts are in Orange County. The very southernmost portion of WDW land, though, and I think a few resorts (maybe only the All Stars), are in Osceola County. Osceola County, from what I can tell in a quick google maps lookup, has the Osceola Parkway along its northern border. The All Stars resorts are below that road, as is the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Everything else in WDW appears to be north of that road.

The hoops Walt and Roy went through to buy all that land, from all those separate owners, crossing county lines, while mostly keeping it secret until the announcement, is a feat that I can't imagine will ever be repeated.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #2795
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I think all the parks and most of the resorts are in Orange County. The very southernmost portion of WDW land, though, and I think a few resorts (maybe only the All Stars), are in Osceola County. Osceola County, from what I can tell in a quick google maps lookup, has the Osceola Parkway along its northern border. The All Stars resorts are below that road, as is the ESPN Wide World of Sports. Everything else in WDW appears to be north of that road.

The hoops Walt and Roy went through to buy all that land, from all those separate owners, crossing county lines, while mostly keeping it secret until the announcement, is a feat that I can't imagine will ever be repeated.
No, you are right, its been a long time, but I have definitely read this before and would probably account for the minimal discrepancy.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #2796
gskywalker
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I don't know. It could be extra taxes on the room because there's a giveaway involved (though no discount); it could be a miniscule tax on the dining plan itself. And again, these could vary between counties. It's just speculation on my part, but it's about the only kind of thing I can imagine that would affect pricing by such a small amount.
it may just be speculation, but its speculation that makes more sense than anything I could come up with. I had forgotten about them being different and counties and having different taxes until you mentioned it. Either way I am happy, it upped my trip to $5507 from $5493 and I needed $5501+ to get the $200 gift card vs a $150 one.
gskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #2797
donp
Earning My Ears

For those of you concerned, I received "confirmations" right away on only three of my four rooms. 24 hours later, I received the actual Invoices and all four rooms were there. Would not call back unless you haven't heard by tomorrow afternoon.
donp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #2798
bella2117
Mouseketeer

Called three times and basically zero discount for nemo suites for me. it's okay. I look it as the time my family will there it will be so dead because everyone will be there earlier in the month. (I know it will still be busy just not as bad) and I got every single one of my ADRs that I wanted for my kids so that's another plus. There is always next year 😊
bella2117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #2799
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Got my FD added and added PHOTOPASS + for ours and added all my clients as well was on hold for 54 min on TA line when I started dialing at 657!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012

bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #2800
bella2117
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella2117 View Post
Called three times and basically zero discount for nemo suites for me. it's okay. I look it as the time my family will there it will be so dead because everyone will be there earlier in the month. (I know it will still be busy just not as bad) and I got every single one of my ADRs that I wanted for my kids so that's another plus. There is always next year dde0a
I just want to add that they said I can change to a lion long or cars but my kids are already so excited for nemo I didn't want to ruin it for them. If they had no intention of adding the nemo they should have said that from the beginning. A family suite is a family suite to me and they are all the same price to so what's the big deal! Sorry I'm just venting now.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #2801
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Called three times and basically zero discount for nemo suites for me. it's okay. I look it as the time my family will there it will be so dead because everyone will be there earlier in the month. (I know it will still be busy just not as bad) and I got every single one of my ADRs that I wanted for my kids so that's another plus. There is always next year dde0a
Can't you just switch to one of the other suites? That's a LOT of savings to pass up.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #2802
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I just want to add that they said I can change to a lion long or cars but my kids are already so excited for nemo I didn't want to ruin it for them. If they had no intention of adding the nemo they should have said that from the beginning. A family suite is a family suite to me and they are all the same price to so what's the big deal! Sorry I'm just venting now.
Nemo is included for some dates, some people have applied the FD there. Nemo just isn't that much cuter to me to give up that kind of discount. But that's just me :-)
Old 05-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #2803
bella2117
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Nemo is included for some dates, some people have applied the FD there. Nemo just isn't that much cuter to me to give up that kind of discount. But that's just me :-)
My husband really wants the nemo. It's the one thing he had a say in for the whole vacation. I'm really not to upset but I feel like I'm missing out. But I'm okay with it. Next year we are definitley waiting and taking advantage of it
Old 05-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #2804
carlacv
Earning My Ears

WOO HOO!!! Coronado springs 9/21-9/30 plus free dining!!! Worth the early wake up today 4am (I'm in California!) now thinking should I add another day?!?! So happy!!!
carlacv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #2805
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
what are the dates it is included? do you know off hand? tia
inkedupmomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: