Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #2656
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

On the phone now with a CM and I'm being told that free dining can't be applied to my reservation because we are staying past September 25th

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #2657
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARAMEOW View Post
On the phone now with a CM and I'm being told that free dining can't be applied to my reservation because we are staying past September 25th
Staying past the 25, or checking in after the 25? You may want to call in to get a different CM
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #2658
LisaBi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Call back!!! That is wrong. I booked yesterday for Sept 22 thru 28. You do have to check in by the 25th, but then it CAN be applied to your total trip.
LisaBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #2659
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Definitely incorrect. It's all based on check in date. Call back.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #2660
vicb224
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
My amazing travel agent applied FD to our stay this morning-- Sept. 2-9 at POR! We're currently in a standard room and trying to decide if we want to upgrade to preferred or a Royal room with the extra funds!
Soooooo excited this discount finally came out! Our trip feels so much more real now!
Get the preferred.. You won't regret it's proximity to everything
vicb224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #2661
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Definitely incorrect. It's all based on check in date. Call back.
I will call back on Thursday I called today and just wanted to add the dining plan to my reservation. The CM I spoke to told me about the promo for disney visa holders and said "but your trip won't qualify because you are staying past the 25th". I didn't argue since I don't have a Visa card. I was then transferred to dining to make a few ADR's and the CM informed me he never added the dining plan at all! Transferred back to another CM who said " make sure to call on Thursday to check on your reservation and we might just have a magical surprise for you!" she was wonderful and finally got my ADR's done. Unfortunately I was only able to get a 4:10pm dinner at CRT just for those who might not have made you ADR's things seem to be filling up.

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #2662
TreslovesWDW
DIS Veteran

Can someone help me my head hurts,I was one the phone for hours today,my dates are 8/30-9/7 I split my stay to room only the 30th-2nd then 2nd -7th I was told by 3 different cms that I cant pick up my tickets for my package on the 30th to use they will start on the 2nd I though that is what I read do a rm only and get my package tickets early,they r making me get tickets seperate for the 30th -1st so confused
Grandpop's house - 1980's , Honeymoon offsite - 9/97 ,Offsite - 7/99 , Pop Century - 9/05 , Pop Century Christmas -12/06 , Pop Century 9/07 , Pop Century 9/10 , Pop Century 8/11 ,Nick Hotel, AOA, POP Century 8/13

TreslovesWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #2663
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreslovesWDW View Post
Can someone help me my head hurts,I was one the phone for hours today,my dates are 8/30-9/7 I split my stay to room only the 30th-2nd then 2nd -7th I was told by 3 different cms that I cant pick up my tickets for my package on the 30th to use they will start on the 2nd I though that is what I read do a rm only and get my package tickets early,they r making me get tickets seperate for the 30th -1st so confused
Best thing is to not even tell the phone CMs what you are doing. They do not work in the parks and are not exactly knowledgeable about many policies at the resorts. Just call back and get the tickets for the 2ND-7TH reservation for the entire number of days you need. Then remove the tickets from your second reservation and make it a room only. Cheshire has a sticky all about tickets here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684. Check it out for more information on getting your tickets early.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #2664
alimbrogno
Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is the day and I'm so excited! I've been waiting for months for the fd to come out. This will be last thing I need to do and our trip is all ready! So excited !!!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #2665
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will call back on Thursday I called today and just wanted to add the dining plan to my reservation. The CM I spoke to told me about the promo for disney visa holders and said "but your trip won't qualify because you are staying past the 25th". I didn't argue since I don't have a Visa card. I was then transferred to dining to make a few ADR's and the CM informed me he never added the dining plan at all! Transferred back to another CM who said " make sure to call on Thursday to check on your reservation and we might just have a magical surprise for you!" she was wonderful and finally got my ADR's done. Unfortunately I was only able to get a 4:10pm dinner at CRT just for those who might not have made you ADR's things seem to be filling up.
You clearly had an inexperienced CM.

I agree about the ADRs, everyone needs to book now. After this GP offer drops tomorrow, the ADRs that are left will be gone quickly.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #2666
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreslovesWDW View Post
Phone CMs are not trained with this information and don't know what they are talking about. It's up to the total desecration of the guest service manager at Downtown Disney or one of the parks.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #2667
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
She said two packages, not a room only and a package. She even bolded the word. Of course, you are right, there is no need to book two packages. The normal split stay would be very cost saving. I just hope the new magic band system doesn't negatively impact the early ticket pickup option. We will be the first ones to hear about it, though. I'm certain of that. Cheshire Figment is great at keeping us all in the loop.
This is exactly why I'm worried!
If I buy room + tickets for the first 3 days it will be very expensive. But my worry is what if I do it the right way: room only for the first part of the trip, package for the second part including tickets for 8 days and early pick up, and when I get there they won't give me the tickets and I end up having to buy new tickets for those first 3 days, I will end up paying more than if I paid the food OOP.
The fact that the call center won't confirm that this can be done doesn't help either
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #2668
amcn928
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimbrogno View Post
Tomorrow is the day and I'm so excited! I've been waiting for months for the fd to come out. This will be last thing I need to do and our trip is all ready! So excited !!!
Me to! Booked my flights last night! Hoping and praying it all works out with free dinng!
amcn928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #2669
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chabby View Post
This is exactly why I'm worried!
If I buy room + tickets for the first 3 days it will be very expensive. But my worry is what if I do it the right way: room only for the first part of the trip, package for the second part including tickets for 8 days and early pick up, and when I get there they won't give me the tickets and I end up having to buy new tickets for those first 3 days, I will end up paying more than if I paid the food OOP.
The fact that the call center won't confirm that this can be done doesn't help either
Did you find the Ticket Sticky written by a current CM? It is their current policy to let guests pick up their package tickets early at Guest Services at Downtown Disney or any of the 4 WDW Themeparks.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-08-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #2670
Chabby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Did you find the Ticket Sticky written by a current CM? It is their current policy to let guests pick up their package tickets early at Guest Services at Downtown Disney or any of the 4 WDW Themeparks.
Yes I did, but I didn't know he was a CM
By the way, how do they count the 3 days? Would it be that the 30th, 31st, 1st are my 3 days early? Or would that be considered 4 days?

We will arrive on 8/30 and plan to good to DTD that day so that is when and where I would like to pick up the tickets. 8/31 will be our 1st park day and we have an 8:00am ADR at AK, so if I can't pick up my tickets on 8/30 I may be in trouble.

Thanks!
Chabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: