Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #2266
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

I'm booked at pop standard room

Plan on paying $18 for ddp upgrade. Per day

Would it be a lot more to upgrade resorts to a mod and get free reg ddp?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #2267
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by micknpluto View Post
I'm booked at pop standard room

Plan on paying $18 for ddp upgrade. Per day

Would it be a lot more to upgrade resorts to a mod and get free reg ddp?
You can look at specific room categories at specifit resorts to be sure, but the room price difference in Fall between POR and POP starts at $68/day, so it depends on how many people are in your party. If 2 adults, cheaper to stay in Value and upgrade to DDP.

Hope this helps!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #2268
kazz2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

There is not going to be a public free dining offer for August. People were offered a FD bounceback last fall for August 2013. Between the conventions and the bookings from the bounceback offer, they must feel that their bookings are high enough without offering free.dining to the public.
Hi,can you help me out here,I am from the UK do you know if we will get the same promotion and same booking date May 9th FD.Going to book POR mod will the UK get the regular Dining plan or the Quick service Dining plan for our 14 days,thanks.
kazz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #2269
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazz2 View Post
Hi,can you help me out here,I am from the UK do you know if we will get the same promotion and same booking date May 9th FD.Going to book POR mod will the UK get the regular Dining plan or the Quick service Dining plan for our 14 days,thanks.
No, the UK FD offer will not have the same release date nor the same promo dates as the US offer.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #2270
iwasthatguy
Earning My Ears

any one know if canada will get the same dates as us?
iwasthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #2271
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasthatguy View Post
any one know if canada will get the same dates as us?
There won't be any separate Canadian FD offer, you simply call the US reservations line or book it on the US Disney site.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-25-2013 at 09:19 PM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #2272
micknpluto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpessa View Post

You can look at specific room categories at specifit resorts to be sure, but the room price difference in Fall between POR and POP starts at $68/day, so it depends on how many people are in your party. If 2 adults, cheaper to stay in Value and upgrade to DDP.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. It's just 2 of us. But this is good to know for future vacations.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #2273
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Same question but we have 2 adults 2 kids but one kids is adult dinning plan. I just can't wrap it around my finger if it's cheeper to up grade hotel to get better DP or just stay at value and pay difference. It's our first time. It's like 300$ for the week to eat how much more for a moderate?
deadheadmamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #2274
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
Same question but we have 2 adults 2 kids but one kids is adult dinning plan. I just can't wrap it around my finger if it's cheeper to up grade hotel to get better DP or just stay at value and pay difference. It's our first time. It's like 300$ for the week to eat how much more for a moderate?
You'd be paying (18+18+18+3) $57 per day to upgrate to DDP from the included QSDP if staying at a Value. With the price difference in a Moderate resort only $68 per day, I'd say upgrade to a Moderate unless you had your heart set on that Value resort. For the $10 per day more you get queen beds instead of double, and lots of other perks (water slides at the pool, towels at the pool, etc). BUT you should check your numbers first to be sure and decide what fits your family better!
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:50 AM   #2275
iwasthatguy
Earning My Ears

thx for your help
iwasthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #2276
Joan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
go online at disneyworld.com and price out the package both at a value without the quick service plan and figure out the difference between it and the regular dining plan that would be what you additional cost would be to upgrade. For the moderate hotels price the package without any dining plan that would be your price with the free regular dining plan

difference between QKS and DDP for September is $18.01 per person age 10 and older, per night. $2.84 per child age 3-9 per night of your stay

this is one of the reasons we use a travel agent, not because we have to, we just don't have to worry about any of it. she does all the work, calculates all the info and I let her know what we want to go with. Doesn't cost me any extra to use one and I do use one that has been to WDW over 30 times herself
Joan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #2277
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTYGATOR View Post
2 Adults and 2 kids 3 turning 4 during the trip and 8.

I don't expect that we'll eat 2 meals a day at the park and would imagine due to the cost and the way we eat, we won't eat full meals all the time. Since we are going in August we may go back to the resort to get out of the hottest part of the day and to eat more cheaply too. Kids may not always make it to dinner time.

Will probably order pizza from one of the majors chains if they deliver to the hotel or pickup pizza at the resort a couple of times. Breakfast will probably almost always be something quick in the room with maybe 50% of the time easting at the resort.

So since I can save an additional 15% or so on the room than the current discounted rates am I better to book through one of the major online sites?
Ok, Rusty I really do not know about booking through outside sites. I only direct book with Disney.. Advice I have for you is bringing the little one a stroller for naps.. You may be surprised at how long kids can actually go at Disney! If it were me, I would look into changing arrival dates to take advantage of FD. It truly is wonderful for a family. Eating breakfast in your room while getting ready for parks in the morning,(bagels, cereal bars packed from home) a Qs lunch around 11:00, followed by an early dinner around 5:00 p.m. is how we tailor our dining. Which leaves the evening open for if you need or want to head back to the resort for a swim, whatever. Remember there are plenty of dining options at disney resorts as well as parks. Have a look at allearsnet.com dining menu's. Whatever you decide have fun and enjoy!

Last edited by faindrops27; 04-26-2013 at 08:37 AM.
faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #2278
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick View Post
So what do I do if I planned to check in Sep 1? Can I book a room only for that night?
Or, an offsite for one night if you want, then check in on the 2nd! We are doing 4 days offsite to visit Universal. Then on to our Magical stay at Disney, it get's no better!

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #2279
Lyndye
Mouseketeer

I hope this question hasn't been asked repeatedly, but it was hard to search through all the pages of posts. Historically, when they extend free dining into October, when do they usually announce it? I can't remember.
15 Disney World visits, 2 Disneyland visits June 2014--Disneyland February 2014--Off site Oct 2013--Pop Century Oct 2012--All Star Music; MNSSHP, F&W Oct 2010--Pop Century; MNSSHP, F&W Mar 2010--Off site Jun 2009--All Star Sports Mar 2009--Disneyland Jul 2008--Off site Feb 2008--Pop Century; Pirate and Princess Party Oct 2007--All Star Music; MNSSHP, F&W Feb 2007--Pop Century; Pirate and Princess Party Jan 2007--Pop Century and Nick Hotel Dec 2005--Coronado Springs Jan 2005--All Star Music May 2004--All Star Movies Oct 1993--Off site
Lyndye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #2280
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndye View Post
I hope this question hasn't been asked repeatedly, but it was hard to search through all the pages of posts. Historically, when they extend free dining into October, when do they usually announce it? I can't remember.
July, sometimes August.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: