Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #1906
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Warning: I mean this to spark a friendly discussion among WDW lovers about something I have been pondering and have no other WDW fans to discuss with.

With only peaceful thoughts, I ask the question, why do so many think that WDW waiting till June to announce the next offer is so unrealistic? I am purely asking this based on what we know for this year only. Winter/Spring promos were not announced until around Jan.3, 2013 (I think. All this is purely off the top of my head. I do not know exact dates). Early summer discounts were not announced until March 30, 2013. I guess I am trying not to set myself up for disappointment, but June promos do not seem that far fetched based on how the year has gone thus for.

plutospalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #1907
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Warning: I mean this to spark a friendly discussion among WDW lovers about something I have been pondering and have no other WDW fans to discuss with.

With only peaceful thoughts, I ask the question, why do so many think that WDW waiting till June to announce the next offer is so unrealistic? I am purely asking this based on what we know for this year only. Winter/Spring promos were not announced until around Jan.3, 2013 (I think. All this is purely off the top of my head. I do not know exact dates). Early summer discounts were not announced until March 30, 2013. I guess I am trying not to set myself up for disappointment, but June promos do not seem that far fetched based on how the year has gone thus for.
Historically, the Aug/Sept FD has been announced in late April/early May. Last year it was offered unusually early. I don't think they will wait until mid-June. I think mid-May is more likely. It is not uncommon for two different promos to run at the same time.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #1908
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Historically, the Aug/Sept FD has been announced in late April/early May. Last year it was offered unusually early. I don't think they will wait until mid-June. I think mid-May is more likely. It is not uncommon for two different promos to run at the same time.
Ahh! I see! I have never noticed two promos running at the same time or overlapping. Guess I need to pay closer attention. Thanks!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #1909
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Quote:

Ahh! I see! I have never noticed two promos running at the same time or overlapping. Guess I need to pay closer attention. Thanks!
Also be on the look out on the resorts page for Danny25 to post. It will start with something like.... My friends the new discount is....

Danny and another person give discount details early and they have been spot on.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #1910
brizzer79
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Others will know more, but I do know that the themed rooms you speak of (I think) are the pirate and princess rooms at Port Orleans, and they have been excluded from some of the free dining offers. The room/package discounts I am not sure about. The theming at the All-Stars and AoA are filled with the traditional Disney characters my kids love. And Pop Century has over-the-top grand theming that draws kids in. We have always stayed at a Value and have always had the best service/friendliness and helpfulness. They may not offer some upgraded amenities-spa, concierge, table service restaurant, but we have always been so happy we are afraid to try a moderate. And now, a mini fridge is included in all Value rooms. We have a habit of closing the parks, so paying more for a room that we only sleep in does not make sense for us.
Your post was the perfect response! Thank you for the information. I think you have sold me I was kind of sad that I was going to downgrade to a Value but now I am totally excited for the savings instead!! I don't think I have ever been so excited for a trip!! I am still holding out hope for free dining but we are Disney Bound no matter what!!
brizzer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #1911
brizzer79
Earning My Ears

How do you know when/where he will post?
brizzer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #1912
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I'm right there with you. I've always loved the value resort's and I never thought I was missing out on anything.We've stayed at pop three times and the all stars three times and have never had a bad stay.We are heading down there in November for our first stay at PRO to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday.If I had my way, we would be staying at pop again but this is a special birthday and I'm not sure how many more times my mother will be able to make this trip so I have to make her happy at the happiest place on earth.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #1913
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
I just went to the resorts forum and there is a new thread called FD Coming. Head on over and subscribe.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #1914
figmentswife

Quote:
I just went to the resorts forum and there is a new thread called FD Coming. Head on over and subscribe.

This one is NOT Danny - just someone who heard from a CM FD was coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzer79 View Post
He always post on the resort board under the Discount Codes and Rates.

I think (could be wrong) that he said sometime around April 25th he may know that next discount, but I would have to go check it.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #1915
figmentswife

Danny25 Just posted this

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099687
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #1916
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
Also be on the look out on the resorts page for Danny25 to post. It will start with something like.... My friends the new discount is....

Danny and another person give discount details early and they have been spot on.
Yea! Thanks! Found it!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #1917
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
I am so confused! But I think I got it this time? If I subscribe to this thread?

Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #1918
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMountainMama View Post
We haven't been for FD since 2010. Really hoping its offered this year. I know many choose to book packages with the hopes of adding on FD when it comes out. Just curious if this is an actual advantage or just a perceived advantage. If I booked ahead at POR (our resort of choice) and FD does come out, don't I still have to call before availability for FD at POR is used up. I always thought there was a limited number of rooms with FD. Any advice based on personal experience would be appreciated.
I believe you are correct.
Just having a room at a certain resort doesn't guarantee you will get one of the rooms included in the sale, especially at the resorts that sell out fast.
Two ways to deal with that: 1) call immediately when a sale breaks, 2) be prepared to change room category (such as preferred, garden view, standard) AND/OR be prepared to change resorts.
Have your preferences written down in order and the CM on the phone can check them.
It's not that big a deal, unless you have a really popular room category at a really popular resort. Some sell out fast (I'm thinking the Poly, Pop, and POFQ are some examples.)
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #1919
figmentswife

Quote:
I am so confused! But I think I got it this time? If I subscribe to this thread?
Sorry - this is a thread he started today - turning down all the rumors.

When there is something to report he will do so on the Disney Discount Codes and Rates page.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #1920
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Sorry - this is a thread he started today - turning down all the rumors.

When there is something to report he will do so on the Disney Discount Codes and Rates page.
Found the right one! Thanks!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: