Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #1861
ObscureAllure
Wannabe Imagineer
 
ObscureAllure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NOLA
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezmom3 View Post

I'm an ADR changer,,,,we're doing the DxDP for nine days in August, we have three DD's and I want to suck every bit of fun out of this trip as possible. My DH just laughs at me every time I say "I think I've got it now"
Mine too, haha! I change mine once a week and ask him after if he likes is... His response is usually "isn't that what it was before?"

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
ObscureAllure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #1862
CuteAndFluffy
DIS Veteran
 
CuteAndFluffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Second Cornfield to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning
Posts: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasidespences View Post
Is there an oath or secret handshake?? I'm pretty sure I qualify to be a member...have been agonizing over and planning ADRs for months!! Hubby has to be tired of looking at the same menus over and over!!
I'm pretty sure the secret handshake is the kitchen floor shuffle (where you have to brush the bottoms of your feet on your jeans to get the crummies off after walking across the kitchen floor). As you may be albe to guess, I am a lifelong member.

My real reason for posting is to subscribe with a "I'm waiting with baited breath for free dining." We're planning an October vacation, so we may not get dates until June, but some guidance will be welcome. And I may be able to bother my husband with other stuff beyond vacation minutiae.
__________________
Wishing upon a star...

--A
CuteAndFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #1863
ali92579
Disney Mommy
 
ali92579's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchtv View Post
Anyone know if the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA were excluded last time they did free dining? Or were they even open then? We have a LM room booked for October, and I have everything crossed for free dining, but I know some discounts have excluded the LM rooms. I would be willing to change resorts, but hope I won't need do!
Excluded, sorry
__________________
Alison
Rachel 4- DD Jim-DH
2012 November/December - POP Century,2012 February - 1st Adult Only Trip Pop Century, 2011 January - Pop Century, October 2010 - Disneyland 1st Time, 2010 June - Pop Century , 2009 December - Pop Century , 2007 September - Pop Century, 2006 September - Wilderness Lodge, 1997 May - Off Site, 1989 November - Off Site, 1987 September - Polynesian
ali92579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #1864
Coconuts
DIS Veteran
 
Coconuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 2,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
I hear ya! I have been running numbers, different scenerios all day instead of cleaning. We can afford where we are but anything will help. My DH keeps reminding me that it doesn't matter, we will be in Disney. I know he is right but I can't get off this wheel...lol.
This is so true!!!! I am right there with you and my unclean house. Too funny. Surfing the web about a possible WDW trip is much more fun than cleaning.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(11) DD(6) DD(0) DDog
2013 POR ; 2012 DCL Magic ; 2011 POR ; 2011 POP ; 2009 CBR ; 2007 POR ; 2006 Poly ; 1998 CSR ; 1993 Offsite-Royal Plaza ; 1986 Offsite-Hyatt Regency ; 1983 CR ; 1979 CR
Coconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #1865
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer
 
martinezmom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post

This is so true!!!! I am right there with you and my unclean house. Too funny. Surfing the web about a possible WDW trip is much more fun than cleaning.
When the iPhone dies, and the IPad dies, and so you're finally like, geez, I guess I'll fold laundry,,,you know you've got issues! Happy planning!
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #1866
jska482
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 223

Dates 10/2-10/7

We are booked for LM room at AofA. It is myself, DH, and two DD age 4&7. We are incredibly hopeful that we'll get lucky w/free dining. However, I realize I'm going to have to give up my dream if the LM choice since it will likely be excluded. We plan to upgrade to disney dining plan from quick service, and move to POP if free dining is offered. This is $600 savings. Is there any other room option someone could think of for us to consider w/o spending more than originally planned? For example, if we could stay at something other than value, but still save $400(instead of $600) we would highly consider it. However, to us spending the full amount saved if free dining is offered on a much more expensive room kind of negates the discount. I hope this makes sense!!
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #1867
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Dates 10/2-10/7

We are booked for LM room at AofA. It is myself, DH, and two DD age 4&7. We are incredibly hopeful that we'll get lucky w/free dining. However, I realize I'm going to have to give up my dream if the LM choice since it will likely be excluded. We plan to upgrade to disney dining plan from quick service, and move to POP if free dining is offered. This is $600 savings. Is there any other room option someone could think of for us to consider w/o spending more than originally planned? For example, if we could stay at something other than value, but still save $400(instead of $600) we would highly consider it. However, to us spending the full amount saved if free dining is offered on a much more expensive room kind of negates the discount. I hope this makes sense!!
I'm toying with the idea of spending my first night in a LM room and then moving to another resort. This way I get the good deal, AND a chance to stay in a LM room.
__________________
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #1868
jska482
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post

I'm toying with the idea of spending my first night in a LM room and then moving to another resort. This way I get the good deal, AND a chance to stay in a LM room.
**Not a bad idea. I'll have to consider the hassle factor
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #1869
jas792
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
**Not a bad idea. I'll have to consider the hassle factor
oh boy -- I just booked 2 LM rooms for for 10 days starting august 25 --never thought about it being excluded -- was it just LM rooms or all AoA rooms --- the problem with doing one night there -is the kids wont want to move out the next day LOL
If you stay at POP you can walk over there and look at everything -- If free dining comes out I will switch to POP..
Ilm with you guys - I'm glued to the computed --- watching horders on TV rite now - yikes I better go clean my house LOL
jas792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #1870
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyFreak06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Prince Edward Island, Canada
Posts: 3,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas792 View Post
oh boy -- I just booked 2 LM rooms for for 10 days starting august 25 --never thought about it being excluded -- was it just LM rooms or all AoA rooms --- the problem with doing one night there -is the kids wont want to move out the next day LOL
If you stay at POP you can walk over there and look at everything -- If free dining comes out I will switch to POP..
Ilm with you guys - I'm glued to the computed --- watching horders on TV rite now - yikes I better go clean my house LOL
True! And again, the LM rooms might be included, they just haven't been in the past. I wonder if staying a night at the end of the trip or the beginning would be better! I can't decide.
__________________
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #1871
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezmom3 View Post

When the iPhone dies, and the IPad dies, and so you're finally like, geez, I guess I'll fold laundry,,,you know you've got issues! Happy planning!
That's so true!! When all Disney avenues are closed its time to be productive....I guess lol
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #1872
jska482
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 223

Does anyone know if you can make ADRs at two different restaurants at the same time? I already had one at Hollywood but was considering a switch to Epcot that day. Online it won't let me do both I have to cancel one first. I'm just not sure which park will end up going to and I hate to cancel my ADR. Ideas?
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #1873
jska482
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post

True! And again, the LM rooms might be included, they just haven't been in the past. I wonder if staying a night at the end of the trip or the beginning would be better! I can't decide.
Suites generally are, but not LM standard rooms. Let's hope this year the trend changes and LM is included!
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #1874
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer
 
mouserrificmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Does anyone know if you can make ADRs at two different restaurants at the same time? I already had one at Hollywood but was considering a switch to Epcot that day. Online it won't let me do both I have to cancel one first. I'm just not sure which park will end up going to and I hate to cancel my ADR. Ideas?
If you are calling in the 180+10 range you'll have to wait for the 10 days to pass because you have to link your ADR to your reservation. If it is less then 180 days out, you can just call dining directly and don't link it to your resort reservation.
mouserrificmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #1875
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Does anyone know if you can make ADRs at two different restaurants at the same time? I already had one at Hollywood but was considering a switch to Epcot that day. Online it won't let me do both I have to cancel one first. I'm just not sure which park will end up going to and I hate to cancel my ADR. Ideas?
No, definitely can not double book ADRs on the website or over the phone. And it's a bit of a hot topic around here :-)
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: