Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #1816
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
Just curios...I'm coming to WDW Oct 17th-27th. If free dining becomes available, are my dates normally in the "safe zone"?
Thanks!!
Going by historical data, FD would likely start on the 18th this year, but there are so many unusual things going on with discounts that it really is very difficult to predict. I can tell you that the last two years, FD has started on that Friday. The bounceback offers for those two years were for room discounts starting on the following Sunday. The 2013 bounceback starts on Sunday Oct. 20. If it were to follow the usual pattern, that makes Friday Oct. 18 a good guess. As I said though, there are a lot of unknowns this year.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #1817
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Going by historical data, FD would likely start on the 18th this year, but there are so many unusual things going on with discounts that it really is very difficult to predict. I can tell you that the last two years, FD has started on that Friday. The bounceback offers for those two years were for room discounts starting on the following Sunday. The 2013 bounceback starts on Sunday Oct. 20. If it were to follow the usual pattern, that makes Friday Oct. 18 a good guess. As I said though, there are a lot of unknowns this year.
Thank-you for the info! I understand its never in stone, but its nice to have something to go by..

If the 18th is in fact the start date for FD in around my dates of travel, it really complicates things

I have a split stay already booked. 5 nights AKL from the 17th-22nd with the Dining plan, and 5 day tickets with park hopper & water park and more option..

And..

5 nights Poly, room only. We will pay out of pocket for meals etc..(I'm hoping to get a R0 discount for this 5 nights since its a seperate reservation, and would save me more $$)

If FD is the 18th, then that would mean I would have to book a R0 for the 17th, then book my package from the 18-22nd, and then I have my R0 at the Poly for another 5 days. That would be 3 reservations..lol..

I don't like the thought of having to possibly switch rooms on the 18th. I would like to stay in the same room for the 5 nights.

Now, I think I will run my numbers again and see if I would save more $$ by applying a discount (if one comes out) vs the FD.

Thanks again, its good to have all scenario's so when/if the discounts come out, I've already got the info in hand
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #1818
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

My best advice to anyone who is even just "thinking" about going back in 2014, if Free Dining is the BounceBack offer, reserve it!! That way you don't have to play the wait and see game with this particular discount. This is the second year we take advantage of it and boy am I ever thankful.

That's just my two cents!!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #1819
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
My best advice to anyone who is even just "thinking" about going back in 2014, if Free Dining is the BounceBack offer, reserve it!! That way you don't have to play the wait and see game with this particular discount. This is the second year we take advantage of it and boy am I ever thankful.

You are so right! We haven't been since 2010 so not an option this time Now I have to decide if we are going in 2014 also

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #1820
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARAMEOW View Post
You are so right! We haven't been since 2010 so not an option this time Now I have to decide if we are going in 2014 also
Of course you are!!!
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #1821
WDW Beets ALL
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post

YAY!!! I'm so (happly) stinking jealous! I will 100% book if they offer a bounce back!!! 100%
WDW Beets ALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #1822
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98

Absolutely KICKING myself for not booking the FD Bounceback offered during our November trip. I wasn't thinking that it would be a big deal because I just figured free dining was an annual thing...what a dummy!! Now I sit on pins and needles with everyone else hoping a good offer comes along!
Old 04-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #1823
Blessedwith3boys
Mouseketeer

This is my first trip watching the Disboard. Just a question, How far in advance do you guys usually know about a coming offer? Everyone is speculating on the 25th....do you usually know the Monday or Tuesday before? So tired of waiting!!!!!!
Blessedwith3boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #1824
claven123
Mouseketeer

So, with the value resort you get the quick service plan, but with the moderate or deluxe you get the dining plus. .. 1 cs meal one ya meal a snack and mug.

Pop Century Resort May 2005

Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002

Numerous visits as a child
claven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #1825
ObscureAllure
Wannabe Imagineer

Look, no offense - but can you people stop arguing? It's hard enough being subbed to this thread with all of the other chatter, but when it's pages an pages of "I'm a better Disney guessed than you," ... It frankly gets a little old. You're both just trig to help so view it as that and back off of each other.

Also - it might be a good idea that a mod make a thread dedicated to Free DDP that contains NO chatter and only is updated with DDP updates (by a mod if need be) so that those subscribed don't have to read through 4 pages of discussion (and arguing) a day to see that nothing came out. ?? Is this possible?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #1826
homeschoolmomof4
Keep moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureAllure View Post
Look, no offense - but can you people stop arguing? It's hard enough being subbed to this thread with all of the other chatter, but when it's pages an pages of "I'm a better Disney guessed than you," ... It frankly gets a little old. You're both just trig to help so view it as that and back off of each other.

Also - it might be a good idea that a mod make a thread dedicated to Free DDP that contains NO chatter and only is updated with DDP updates (by a mod if need be) so that those subscribed don't have to read through 4 pages of discussion (and arguing) a day to see that nothing came out. ?? Is this possible?

Hmmmm. I didn't see any arguing. Must have missed that. You might want to change your settings if all the chatter bothers you. I have mine set to get a once daily delivery so I can skim through it. Just a thought.

Pop Century January 2015 Pop Century December 2013 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century December 2011 Pop Century December 2010 Contemporary March 2010-Parents only trip!! Pop Century December 2009 Pop Century January 2009 Wilderness Lodge January 2008 Wilderness Lodge February 2007 Contemporary February 2005

homeschoolmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #1827
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:

Thank you. If someone chooses not to believe a prediction then so be it. But no need to fuss about it. In the past it has been a poster and not a mod who has concrete info first. Even when it becomes apparent I would still caution everyone to wait until it is formally announced by Disney before doing anything like changing flights or whatever.

We can predict and often get it right, but we can't read minds....so nothing is 100% until it happens.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #1828
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Thank you. If someone chooses not to believe a prediction then so be it. But no need to fuss about it. In the past it has been a poster and not a mod who has concrete info first. Even when it becomes apparent I would still caution everyone to wait until it is formally announced by Disney before doing anything like changing flights or whatever.

We can predict and often get it right, but we can't read minds....so nothing is 100% until it happens.
That's why I posted earlier its not 100% unless Walt Disney himself posts it!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #1829
penjen
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, you will know when there is something concrete. If you don't want to read the daily predictions/guesses wait till you see a new thread with late summer offer.

DH ME DS6
penjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #1830
FlyingElephant
Earning My Ears

If they do release Free Dining for Late Summer, will the week of August 25 most likely be covered, as it has been in the past?
FlyingElephant is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: