Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #1771
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
FWIW, I know someone who is an "Authorized Disney Vacation Planner" and she stated for me to "wait a few weeks" and I will have my answer on free dining. She told me this on Monday so I am willing to bet they will announce this month and no one will have to wait until June. I believe her info over a random CM.
She's just a travel agent like countless others. I heard from a different "Authorized Vacation Planner" that free dining will probably not be offered this year. So, who to believe? The truth is that neither one of them really knows. It's all speculation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #1772
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPCOTatNight View Post
She's just a travel agent like countless others. I heard from a different "Authorized Vacation Planner" that free dining will probably not be offered this year. So, who to believe? The truth is that neither one of them really knows. It's all speculation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
You are right but she gave me a wink as though she knew SOMETHING. This leads me to believe that the travels agents that book exclusively Disney have been told something definitively but are currently sworn to secrecy. No one need believe this....but I do.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #1773
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceLuvsWDW View Post
FWIW, I know someone who is an "Authorized Disney Vacation Planner" and she stated for me to "wait a few weeks" and I will have my answer on free dining. She told me this on Monday so I am willing to bet they will announce this month and no one will have to wait until June. I believe her info over a random CM.
I also am a authorized Disney TA, infact i only book for disney and I can tell you we have NO idea if FD is coming or not neither do the CMs you call and talk to at CRO we simply go by the historical facts and hope.

It really irritates me to see some ppl completely discourage FD ( not you Grace) and the hope of, you know as much as we do..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #1774
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

"Stop discouraging people with your "facts". Give your opinion if you'd like but
stop misleading people by trying to make them believe you are some magical
disneymatician."

While I'm glad to see that the mods are doing there jobs and removing junk like this, I'm disheartened to see that after nearly a year away from the DIS boards that this type of rudeness is still alive and kicking . It really is a shame that these, or any other boards, that are designed to help folks with similar loves and interests, seem to always turn into a snarky battlegrounds. Sad.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #1775
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

I also am a authorized Disney TA, infact i only book for disney and I can tell you we have NO idea if FD is coming or not neither do the CMs you call and talk to at CRO we simply go by the historical facts and hope.

It really irritates me to see some ppl completely discourage FD ( not you Grace) and the hope of, you know as much as we do..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
I swear I think people are trying to discourage others from going during the week they plan to go so they'll have lighter crowds. :0)
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #1776
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
I swear I think people are trying to discourage others from going during the week they plan to go so they'll have lighter crowds. :0)
If people really attempted to try that, they would be nuts. Many people (myself included) come to these boards to help people with their planning. I would never give anyone poor information on purpose. I come here to help others and to pass the time until my trip rolls around.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #1777
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
"Stop discouraging people with your "facts". Give your opinion if you'd like but
stop misleading people by trying to make them believe you are some magical
disneymatician."

While I'm glad to see that the mods are doing there jobs and removing junk like this, I'm disheartened to see that after nearly a year away from the DIS boards that this type of rudeness is still alive and kicking . It really is a shame that these, or any other boards, that are designed to help folks with similar loves and interests, seem to always turn into a snarky battlegrounds. Sad.
The mods didn't remove anything. I didn't post anything that would require removal. I removed it myself because I didn't know I was up against people who others worship around here. Even when they are giving false information because for some twisted reason they seem to love to be negative and discourage people.

It's a shame that I deleted it yet you continued to fuel the fire. Pot meet kettle.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #1778
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

If people really attempted to try that, they would be nuts. Many people (myself included) come to these boards to help people with their planning. I would never give anyone poor information on purpose. I come here to help others and to pass the time until my trip rolls around.
I agree that they would be nuts. I just think it's funny that it seems like half the time someone says "no free dining that week", it happens to be the week they are traveling and they all happen to be "exclusive disney TAs" or professional data analyst who track disney historical information. lol

Before I get attacked again, that lol was literal. It's an absurd assumption but you never know what people are thinking they can accomplish. :0)
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #1779
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The mods didn't remove anything. I didn't post anything that would require removal. I removed it myself because I didn't know I was up against people who others worship around here. Even when they are giving false information because for some twisted reason they seem to love to be negative and discourage people.

It's a shame that I deleted it yet you continued to fuel the fire. Pot meet kettle.
What do you find to be inaccurate? Not trying to be snarky, just trying to figure out what you are feeling is being twisted. Historical data cannot be twisted. It is what it is. If you are talking about the mid-October blackout dates, they happen every year. Too many schools on balanced schedules are the biggest factor. Columbus Day is a tiny part of it, but it mostly revolves around those dates making up the bulk of school Fall breaks.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #1780
Kat016
DIS Veteran

How about we act like adults and take the information on here for its purpose. Its here to inform people of all things disney. The people on here are sharing whatever information they know. And I, for one, am very glad they do. They've helped me save about $600 on my trip. IF FD is offered...Great! That'll help me save more money. If its not, oh well....I'm still going. The only way to get the FD and blackout information on here 100% correct is if Walt Disney himself puts it on here. Unfortunately, he's not with us anymore. So be patient and wait until stuff is offered or not. Ok, I'm done now
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #1781
eeyoregon

Quote:

Um, did you not notice that I removed your screen name? The quote that I quoted, because it was so offensive, is also still visibly quoted in many other posts with your screen name.

I worship no one on here, except myself. BUT I won't sit back and watch the play ground bully attack and harass other people that are simply trying to help others, share ideas and spread the magic.

Peace be with you.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #1782
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
How about we act like adults and take the information on here for its purpose. Its here to inform people of all things disney. The people on here are sharing whatever information they know. And I, for one, am very glad they do. They've helped me save about $600 on my trip. IF FD is offered...Great! That'll help me save more money. If its not, oh well....I'm still going. The only way to get the FD and blackout information on here 100% correct is if Walt Disney himself puts it on here. Unfortunately, he's not with us anymore. So be patient and wait until stuff is offered or not. Ok, I'm done now
I agree! Now lets hope for some and try and help each other pass the time while we wait for Disney to tell us all SOMETHING!!!

I tell you tho, I have a trip booked and I feel certain that some type of discount will come out and as long as it saves me close to what FD will I am happy! If its RO discount I will add the tickets and DDP and still go! Im really having trouble being patient tho, Im like obsessed with it! So sad...
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #1783
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post

I agree! Now lets hope for some and try and help each other pass the time while we wait for Disney to tell us all SOMETHING!!!

I tell you tho, I have a trip booked and I feel certain that some type of discount will come out and as long as it saves me close to what FD will I am happy! If its RO discount I will add the tickets and DDP and still go! Im really having trouble being patient tho, Im like obsessed with it! So sad...
I have the complete pkg booked. So the RO discount wouldn't benefit me, I don't think. But the FD would be a HUGE help.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #1784
eeyoregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Excellent post .

I personally am sort of happy that Disney is slow out of the gate this year as ADR's for ALL of the high demand venues are still readily available and at great times. I reserved my little heart out yesterday...it just seems to good to be true that nothing is "booked up" yet, but I'll take it! Although this is my first time reserving ADR's since Disney implemented the credit card deposit requirement so maybe that scared away some of the folks that would quadruple book.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #1785
jas792
Earning My Ears

room discount vs free dining

Hi guys --
was wondering if any of youhave some advice --
I have my plane tickets for August 25th to Sept 4th
Ten days --- I am brining my 16 yr old son nd 15 yearold daughter and her 15 yearold friend --- In the past we havealways squeezed 4 of us in one value resort room -- we love pop century --This trip I nee two rooms because of their ages and boy/ girl etc...
Does anyone know how I cn book to sve the most --- I am really on a fixe income so saving is really important -- thanks if anyone has any ideas
jas792 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: