Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #1756
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post

Our fall break starts Oct 7th. I would be shocked if we were able to book free dining. That would be awesome, but I bet it will be blocked out.
Unfortunately, that's what I'm thinking too. I would love to be wrong because that would be awesome for a lot of Disers, but I think the odds and historical data are against it.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #1757
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Unfortunately, that's what I'm thinking too. I would love to be wrong because that would be awesome for a lot of Disers, but I think the odds and historical data are against it.
We could get lucky though because with it being early in Oct, if FD ends say on the 3rd or 4th, we could check in early and have free dining for the full week.

I really need to find out quick because I am looking at a possible trip in June, or the free dining in the fall or Thanksgiving week. I'm trying to find the best deal and free dining would be it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #1758
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We could get lucky though because with it being early in Oct, if FD ends say on the 3rd or 4th, we could check in early and have free dining for the full week.

I really need to find out quick because I am looking at a possible trip in June, or the free dining in the fall or Thanksgiving week. I'm trying to find the best deal and free dining would be it!
Yep, we've left right after school on a Friday and rolled into WDW at 1 am to take advantage of an FD offer. If you could fly in or drive in late Thursday or Friday, you just might be able to snag that last promo day so you can apply it to your entire trip.

Historically they usually end one of the November FD promos the Thursday before Thanksgiving, so if you can check in by that date, you could have the FD discount all the way through Thanksgiving week and the kids only have to miss on day of school :-). That's a great way to get a HUGE discount during a very expensive holiday week.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #1759
WDW-A-RAMA
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yep, we've left right after school on a Friday and rolled into WDW at 1 am to take advantage of an FD offer. If you could fly in or drive in late Thursday or Friday, you just might be able to snag that last promo day so you can apply it to your entire trip.

Historically they usually end one of the November FD promos the Thursday before Thanksgiving, so if you can check in by that date, you could have the FD discount all the way through Thanksgiving week and the kids only have to miss on day of school :-). That's a great way to get a HUGE discount during a very expensive holiday week.
That is exactly what we did in 2011. I have our trip already booked to begin the Thursday before Thanksgiving & hoping for free dining throughout the week.
November 2008 1st tripPort Orleans Riverside 2009 April 2010 Pop Century-Extended Family Trip November 2010 Pop Century November 2011 Pop Century November 2013 Pop Century November 2014 Port Orleans Riverside

WDW-A-RAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #1760
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Subscribing

I'm glad to have found this thread because I was starting to panic that free dining hadn't been released yet...it's almost always in April and here it is the 19th and nothing
Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #1761
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

H

Last edited by LikeSeriously; 04-19-2013 at 10:28 AM.
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #1762
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think the FD that might be released soon will include dates in October. It will likely not come out until after June, unless you are just going to rely on it has been extended in the past so should be again.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #1763
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post

It doesn't matter if only one hotel has ever been excluded on a million years. I don't understand why the "experts" here want to act like they know all. It's not a reason to state things are certain. You should have explained in your first post why you FEEL it is certain. You mislead new folks when you act like you know for sure, something that no one can possibly know for sure.

Those conventions do not even remotely appear to play a part in the blackouts like Columbus Day does. The Gartner Symposium is being held more than a week early than previous years. So you have some information wrong.

Stop discouraging people with your "facts". Give your opinion if you'd like but stop misleading people by trying to make them believe you are some magical disneymatician.
Well that's an interesting response, but i think you are way off base here. Acting like those conventions and fall breaks and historical info are inconsequential in determining relative discounts during that timeframe is very shortsided on your part. The historical info I shared is solid and factual. How can it be discouraging to people to share this kind of information? I've spent 9 years tracking discounts and discount patterns like this for my job and I think it's more beneficial to let people know, especially those checking in during that October 6-11 timeframe, that they most likely will be blacked out and so they can have a back up plan and know what to expect. If the blackouts don't start until the 10th or 11th, that would be GREAT and ill happily admit I was off by 3 days, but looking at the "intel" for this week doesn't support that.

Just because you choose not to find the information reliable or useful to you personally, doesn't mean others don't appreciate a non- pixie dust coated response and information and an accurate account of what Disney has done in the past regarding their resorts and discount promos.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-19-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #1764
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that's an interesting response, but i think you are way off base here. Acting like those conventions and fall breaks and historical info are inconsequential in determining relative discounts during that timeframe is very shortsided on your part. The historical info I shared is solid and factual. How can it be discouraging to people to share this kind of information? I've spent 9 years tracking discounts and discount patterns like this for my job and I think it's more beneficial to let people know, especially those checking in during that October 6-11 timeframe, that they most likely will be blacked out and so they can have a back up plan and know what to expect. If the blackouts don't start until the 10th or 11th, that would be GREAT and ill happily admit I was off by 3 days, but looking at all my "intel" into this week doesn't support that.

Just because you choose not to find the information reliable or useful to you personally, doesn't mean others don't appreciate a non- pixie dust coated response and information.
Not sure if it was on this thread or another, but I do know for a fact that Disney411 has stated he/she does not have any definite information or dates, he is going by historical data. (Sorry for the possible error in characterization)

Last edited by disneyfantotheend; 04-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #1765
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Not sure if it was on this thread or another, but I do know for a fact that Disney411 has stated he does not have any definite information or dates, he is going by historical data.
I didn't know TheDisney411 was a "he". How did I not realize that?!
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #1766
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

I personally love to see prediction posts from 411, black, and Danny 25. It gives me hope when I see something from them. They never say they are sure it is happening, but being people who study the history and make predictions they know a lot more than me. Keep them coming .
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #1767
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Y'all are comical.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #1768
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post
Y'all are comical.
**Not a fact, just my opinion.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #1769
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch View Post
I personally love to see prediction posts from 411, black, and Danny 25. It gives me hope when I see something from them. They never say they are sure it is happening, but being people who study the history and make predictions they know a lot more than me. Keep them coming .
Yea with the added part at the end saying "this could all change at any time". Reminds me of job descriptions that say "and other duties as needed".
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #1770
GraceLuvsWDW
DIS Veteran

FWIW, I know someone who is an "Authorized Disney Vacation Planner" and she stated for me to "wait a few weeks" and I will have my answer on free dining. She told me this on Monday so I am willing to bet they will announce this month and no one will have to wait until June. I believe her info over a random CM.
WDW Pop Mar 2010 * WDW POFQ June 2010 * DLR Aug 2010
WDW WL & WBC June 2011 * DLR Dec 2011
WDW WBC June 2012
DCL Magic March 2013 * Currently Planning: WDW Beach Club/Swan August 2013
GraceLuvsWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: