Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #1741
mickey2000
Pin trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
my mom spoke with a cm last night who said fall deals will likely come out around june 14 when the summer promo is over. Who knows what is true. Don't lose hope :-)

june lol !!!!!
mickey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #1742
tiffyannedg
Earning My Ears

Pin Code

I got a beautiful little envelope in the mail today. I was so excited I almost wet my pants. Opened it up and it was a pincode for summer room discounts only. Womp womp waaaaaa!!!! Oh well.
tiffyannedg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #1743
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffyannedg View Post
I got a beautiful little envelope in the mail today. I was so excited I almost wet my pants. Opened it up and it was a pincode for summer room discounts only. Womp womp waaaaaa!!!! Oh well.
Atleast you know your getting them! I never got any in the mail but I called all the time and had them since 2005 now Ive had NONE all year long!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #1744
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Atleast you know your getting them! I never got any in the mail but I called all the time and had them since 2005 now Ive had NONE all year long!!
If it makes you feel any better, there have only been two PINS sent out for 2013. Maybe you'll get the next one.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #1745
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElephant View Post
I think that the cast member was most likely referring to the Fall/Late Fall discount rather than the Late Summer/Early Fall discount; the release date is just too far ahead.
I agree, the August/Sept deal will be out by mid May at the latest, in my opinion.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM   #1746
tiffyannedg
Earning My Ears

Pin Code

I got another in January for Free Dining for Jan, Feb, and maybe some of March. I can't remember. But I have a little bitty and we thought we should wait until Fall.
tiffyannedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #1747
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlynsapp View Post
It seems to me that Disney released FD really early last year, so people are just getting worried because the are (hopefully) just releasing FD a little later this year. But I am very confident that FD will be released!!! Hopefully next week!
Yes, and one of the reasons they may have released it early was that so many people were waiting for the FLE to be completed, meaning perhaps last year was slower. This year with FLE drawing such big crowds, they will probably hold out a bit longer. But being that there have been discounts all year up to and including the first half of August, I am sure something will come out...it may not be FD, but some type of savings will be offered.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #1748
FlyingElephant
Earning My Ears

All the signs point to free dining for the late summer/early fall period, I think. I just can't stand the waiting!
FlyingElephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #1749
claven123
Mouseketeer

Ok, so I have never used the FD option since we usually go in the summer. But, this year we want to go in the fall for the MNSSHP in October.

I've seen the thread with the rumors etc... and I am hopefull to get into this discount.

The question I have is this....

Are some resorts not going to be included, do you have to book a moderate and up? Will the value resorts be included or is this all in the air.... I know only a few rooms will be available so it's hit or miss.

We will most likely book at ArtAnim around the 10th so Oct.... do we book the hotel and tickets... then wait. When and if FD comes out what do we do to 'get' the discount. Adjust the ressie or cancel and rebook? Or, simply add FD onto our ressie?

Is the FD the exact same as the 'standard' dining plan? We used it many, many years ago back in 2005 or so....

Thanks,
Dennis

Pop Century Resort May 2005

Caribbean Beach Resort May 2002

Numerous visits as a child
claven123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #1750
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claven123 View Post
Ok, so I have never used the FD option since we usually go in the summer. But, this year we want to go in the fall for the MNSSHP in October.

I've seen the thread with the rumors etc... and I am hopefull to get into this discount.

The question I have is this....

Are some resorts not going to be included, do you have to book a moderate and up? Will the value resorts be included or is this all in the air.... I know only a few rooms will be available so it's hit or miss.

We will most likely book at ArtAnim around the 10th so Oct.... do we book the hotel and tickets... then wait. When and if FD comes out what do we do to 'get' the discount. Adjust the ressie or cancel and rebook? Or, simply add FD onto our ressie?

Is the FD the exact same as the 'standard' dining plan? We used it many, many years ago back in 2005 or so....

Thanks,
Dennis
All resorts should be included, some room categories, such as the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, will be blacked out. The value resorts will normally get the Quick Service DDP, while moderate and deluxe resorts get the regular/basic DDP under the FD promo. You can pay the difference to upgrade to regular or deluxe DDP.

If you already have a package booked you simply call Disney reservations and have them add the FD code to your existing reservation and they will credit you the difference. Some resorts and room categories will sell out for FD faster than others so always have a back up resort and room category. Even of you change resorts you DO NOT have to cancel or rebook. You only have to cancel or rebook if you are booked under a room only reservation.

The October-December free dining dates aren't typically released until July or early August. Also, October 7-19 will most likely be blacked out for free dining, as it has for the last 3 years - thats high season for school fall breaks and corporate conventions at WDW. For a more thorough explanation of Free Dining see the Free dining guidelines and info thread on the Codes and Rates sub-board on the Resort board.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-19-2013 at 07:19 AM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #1751
Howgreat
Mouseketeer

Yay! I'm glad I found this thread. We're planning on going right after Thanksgiving through the 5th or 6th of December and staying at a value resort (probably ASMusic). I would love even free QSDP. Every little bit counts! If I book just a room/tickets package, will I have to rebook or cancel if/when they put out the FD offer? Or will I just be able to call and add it?

1995-All-Star Music
2001-All-Star Sports
2008-(offsite)
2011-All-Star Movies
Dec. 2012-All-Star Music
Sept. 2013-All-Star Music
Coming soon: Sept. 2014-All-Star Music

Check out my PTR: "And Your Wish Will Come True...a September 2014 PTR"
Howgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:16 PM   #1752
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howgreat View Post
Yay! I'm glad I found this thread. We're planning on going right after Thanksgiving through the 5th or 6th of December and staying at a value resort (probably ASMusic). I would love even free QSDP. Every little bit counts! If I book just a room/tickets package, will I have to rebook or cancel if/when they put out the FD offer? Or will I just be able to call and add it?
If they have availability at your resort, you can simply call and add it to your current package. Even if you decide to switch hotels, you will not have to cancel/rebook. The only time you should have to cancel and rebook is if you are switching from a room only reservation to a package reservation (or vice versa).
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:34 PM   #1753
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

All resorts will be included, some room categories, such as the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, will be blacked out. The value resorts will get the Quick Service DDP and moderate and deluxe resorts will get the regular/basic DDP under the FD promo. You can pay the difference to upgrade to regular or deluxe DDP.

If you already have a package booked you simply call Disney reservations and have them add the FD code to your existing reservation and they will credit you the difference. Some resorts and room categories will sell out for FD faster than others so always have a back up resort and room category. Even of you change resorts you DO NOT have to cancel or rebook. You only have to cancel or rebook if you are booked under a room only reservation.

The October-December free dining dates aren't typically released until July or early August. Also, October 7-19 will most likely be blacked out for free dining, as it has for the last 3 years - thats high season for school breaks and corporate conventions at WDW. For a more thorough explanation of Free Dining see the Free dining guidelines and info thread on the Codes and Rates sub-board on the Resort board.
First, no one knows if all resorts will be included or not or which ones will get which dining plans. I wish people would not state things so matter-of-factly when it's obvious that it's all up in the air since nothing has been released.

Second, historically, that specific week in October is not the blackout date, it seems to center around Columbus Day, which is much later this year. The blackout is more likely to start on the 10th, the Thursday before Columbus Day.
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #1754
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeSeriously View Post

First, no one knows if all resorts will be included or not or which ones will get which dining plans. I wish people would not state things so matter-of-factly when it's obvious that it's all up in the air since nothing has been released.

Second, historically, that specific week in October is not the blackout date, it seems to center around Columbus Day, which is much later this year. The blackout is more likely to start on the 10th, the Thursday before Columbus Day.
Actually I track discounts like this for my job, and in 9 years of free dining promos there has been exactly 1 time a resort was not included and that was in 2007 when Wilderness Lodge was excluded. That's it, in all the years of free dining a resort was excluded, so it's pretty factual to state and expect that all of the resorts will be included. Some resorts will book up faster than others and have more limited rooms than others, but there's almost 0% chance of them completely excluding a particular resort. Also, I did mention to always have a back up resort and room category, just in case.

And, actually, I listed those predicted October black out dates based on historical data from the previous 3years:

Blacked out October 8-21-2010
Blacked out October 7-21-2011
Blacked out October 5-18-2012

You have to not only take into account Columbus Day, but when the corporate conventions are booked and when the golf tournaments are. The Gartner Symposium (which doesn't normally cause black out dates, is being held a week earlier than previous years) is October 6-10, huge motorcycle convention October 16-20 and a plastic surgeons convention October 8-12. Plus huge amounts of schools, especially in the Southeast, are going to have their fall breaks either the week of October 7-11 or October 14-18. Even though Columbus Day/week falls late this year, the second and third weeks are typically blacked out for free dining and Columbus Day is only one factor as to why they black out those dates. Usually, they just simply don't need to fill resorts during that time frame and they probably won't need to fill resort rooms for those dates again this year.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 04-19-2013 at 07:22 AM.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #1755
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Actually I track discounts like this for my job, and in 9 years of free dining promos there has been exactly 1 time a resort was not included and that was in 2007 when Wilderness Lodge was excluded. That's it, in all the years of free dining a resort was excluded, so it's pretty factual to state that all of the resorts will be included. Some resorts will book up faster than others and have more limited rooms than others, but there's almost 0% chance of them completely excluding a particular resort. Also, I did mention to always have a back up resort and room category, just in case.

And, actually, I listed those predicted October black out dates based on historical data from the previous 3years:

Blacked out October 8-21-2010
Blacked out October 7-21-2011
Blacked out October 5-18-2012

You have to not only take into account Columbus Day, but when the corporate conventions are booked and when the golf tournaments are. The Gartner Symposium is the October 6-10, huge motorcycle convention October 16-20 and a plastic surgeons convention October 8-12. Plus huge amounts of schools, especially in the Southeast, are going to have their fall breaks either the week of October 7-11 or October 14-18. Even though Columbus Day/week falls late this year, the second and third weeks are typically blacked out for free dining and Columbus Day is only one factor as to why they black out those dates. Usually, they just simply don't need to fill resorts during that time frame.
Our fall break starts Oct 7th. I would be shocked if we were able to book free dining. That would be awesome, but I bet it will be blocked out.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: