Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Cars Land Wait/Review

Just got back from a week (09/02-09/08) at DL resort. As you would expect it was very busy the 2nd and 3rd for the holiday, but then crowds really dropped off.
We didn't even try RSR until the 4th after seeing the long fastpass line on the 3rd. Got in the park right after regular entry and the fastpass line was already past the Disney Jr. Live On Stage show due to the early entry people.
The line started moving right at 10am and I had my 6 FPs for 3:20-4:20 within a half hour.
Got there at opening on the 7th and the line was a bit shorter. Waited less than 20 minutes and got FPs for 11:20-12:20.
The FP lines themselves were only 10-15 minutes from beginning to sitting in the car. A girl sitting next to me told me the single rider line was only 20 minutes.
Now that summer's over I think investing a total of 30 minutes or less in the lines will be the norm.
By the way, RSR is the best ride at DL and WDW bar none. Both Luigi's tire change and Ramone's paint job are pretty cool.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
jimsanfilippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Eddygirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
Just got back from a week (09/02-09/08) at DL resort. As you would expect it was very busy the 2nd and 3rd for the holiday, but then crowds really dropped off.
We didn't even try RSR until the 4th after seeing the long fastpass line on the 3rd. Got in the park right after regular entry and the fastpass line was already past the Disney Jr. Live On Stage show due to the early entry people.
The line started moving right at 10am and I had my 6 FPs for 3:20-4:20 within a half hour.
Got there at opening on the 7th and the line was a bit shorter. Waited less than 20 minutes and got FPs for 11:20-12:20.
The FP lines themselves were only 10-15 minutes from beginning to sitting in the car. A girl sitting next to me told me the single rider line was only 20 minutes.
Now that summer's over I think investing a total of 30 minutes or less in the lines will be the norm.
By the way, RSR is the best ride at DL and WDW bar none. Both Luigi's tire change and Ramone's paint job are pretty cool.
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!! I have been worried how it was going to pan out for us next week while we are there.......and we are staying off site, so no EE for us either. Looks like we are on track....expect to wait, but we won't have to waste half a day waiting for RSR!! Thanks so much for reporting this!
Eddygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddygirl View Post
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!! I have been worried how it was going to pan out for us next week while we are there.......and we are staying off site, so no EE for us either. Looks like we are on track....expect to wait, but we won't have to waste half a day waiting for RSR!! Thanks so much for reporting this!
No problem! Hope it all goes, or went, well for you.
2014 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2013 Pop Century Resort, 2012 Orbit One Villas/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2012 (Disneyland) HoJo Plaza Hotel Anaheim, 2012 Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 2012 Bay Lake Towers, 2011 (Disneyland) Grand Californian Villas, 2011 Windsor Hills Resort, 2010 (Disneyland) Peacock Suites, 2010 The Palms Hotels & Villas, 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas, 2009 Liki Tiki Village, 2008 Magical Memories Villas, 2006 Coronado Springs/Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2006 Comfort Suites Maingate East, 2005 Wilderness Lodge, 2004 Universal Studios Area Hotel, 2003 Wilderness Lodge, 1997 Wilderness Lodge/Niki Bird, 1991 Small cheap motel, 1990 Small cheap motel, 1981 Orlando Area Campground
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
glamgurl
Earning My Ears

How fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsanfilippo View Post
Is RSR super fast? I'm worried that it is going to frighten my little one, but everyone else... myself included... are really excited to ride it. She gets very frightened on Indiana Jones.

Also, did you notice if they had a baby exchange? My sister is bringing her little one. Thanks for the awesome info!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
jimsanfilippo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgurl View Post
Is RSR super fast? I'm worried that it is going to frighten my little one, but everyone else... myself included... are really excited to ride it. She gets very frightened on Indiana Jones.

Also, did you notice if they had a baby exchange? My sister is bringing her little one. Thanks for the awesome info!
I'm sure someone else knows for sure but I thought most rides had the baby exchange. Mouseplanet.com does say "Child Swap: Yes" for the ride.

The inside part jerks you around a bit before Sheriff tells you to slow down. Then you either get your tires changed by Luigi and Guido or get a paint job by Ramone (and Flo).

Once you get to the race part I would say the speed is essentially the same as Test Track in EPCOT. I've read in reality it's about 40mph but it's a convertible so it seems faster than that.

The race is over quickly but my 5 year old boy liked everything but the speed and wouldn't go on it the 2nd and 3rd time we did. However, I think most kids that age would be pretty thrilled to race along side another car through Ornament Valley.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: