Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #571
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the real life pics! Cute, cute girl.

Great photos of Willow in the pool! She looks like she's having the time of her life. I'm so glad that you mentioned that you got fries. It would have made me feel terrible about the crap I eat on vacation if you were on a cruise eating salad.

I'm so glad that you guys got to see Brave! We went on July 4 and all really liked it. Maddie was asking about the movie this week though. She just doesn't understand why Merida chose not to have a prince. She's pretty sure that she'll choose a prince in Brave 2.

Still haven't started the Hunger Games. Must get to it soon.

I can't wait to hear about Willow making her stage debut!!! Sounds exciting!

I'd love to host a workshop if it meant we got to have DisMeet, but seriously you guys-I'm crazy. I will never, ever want half of the photos that I took. Even worse? I've spent $60 developing about a quarter of the ones that I do want!
I love how focused Maddie is on the princes. Willow seems to have a lot of real-life crushes (e.g., Doulson), but she is not too keen on the princes in the princess stories.

Well, I hope to do better on my next trip - I did pretty well in WDW in 2011, but that last day always gets me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
First of all, the joy in that Mickey Pool pic just resonates! A life's good moment!
I love that pillow! One of my DD15s would totally "need" that pillow! Her lovey object which still travels with us on all trips is a white seal that looks just like the one on the pillow. Good souvenier find!
Yeah, I loved those Mickey Pool pics - I don't know what she was doing exactly, but she sure was having a good time!

Aww - that's so cute about your DD. The pillows were really super-cute.
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #572
RGirl
DIS Veteran

33. DDís At-Sea Stage Debut (Day 6)

When I last left you, we were all a little teary-eyed watching Brave.

After the movie, DD wanted to go back to the Kidsí Club. I had read in the Navigator earlier that the Kidsí Club kids would be putting on a show later, and rehearsal was scheduled to start soon. Well, no way was DD missing out on that!

The rest of us headed to our staterooms to take our time getting ready for dinner as there would not be time to do so after the Kidsí Club Friendship Rocks performance. While in the stateroom, I placed a call to the re-booking desk and left a message asking about the pricing that I had received - could this really be for both of us????

Soon it was time for The Judies and I to head to the Walt Disney Theater for DDís grand debut at sea! This little performance was so cute. First, they brought out the ďlabĒ kids (slightly older, although the smaller ones could go to the lab too). They did a dance, and then lined up towards the back of the stage. Second, they brought out the ďclubĒ kids - they were so cute, not quite big enough to navigate the tall steps onto the stage, but luckily, MICKEY was there to help them up. (I heard several times afterwards, ďMommy, did you see that MICKEY helped me up the stairs????Ē) The little kids then did a little song/dance number. And then there was more dancing and singing with Mickey and Minnie. Very cute.

Unfortunately, that darn Mouse stood right in front of my darling child for the entire performance. I may have caught her in a few pics, but not many.

The ďlabĒ kids

The ďclubĒ kids - Willow is directly behind Mickey.

Hey! Thereís Willow!

And there she is under Mickeyís armpit!

Cute!

This was really cute. And DD LOVED it! I really recommend taking the time to let your kiddos do this if they are interested.

Up next: 34. Some of Us Dine, and One of Us Has a Fight (Day 6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #573
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

The photos of Willow in the pool were totally cracking me up. No way you'd catch me in a pool when it was cold and rainy, but there she is, with a huge smile, having the time of her life!

How awesome that the kids put on a little production. They all look so cute in their matching t-shirts! It must have been very heart-warming to watch.

Ok, so WHERE are you going on this next cruise? You've got me on pins and needles! I can't wait to find out!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #574
RGirl
DIS Veteran

34. Some of Us Dine, and One of Us Has a Fight (Day 6)

After the Friendship Rocks show, we picked up DD at the Kidsí Club (they wonít release your kid to you at the theater since they canít scan the childís band and make sure you should actually be picking up that child ) and headed back to the stateroom so that she could change for dinner - it was a semi-formal night. For some reason, DD started throwing a little fit about changing, so I sent The Judies on to dinner (we were at Tritonís tonight for the Captainís Gala menu). DD sat through a little time-out and then decided it was in her best interests to get changed for dinner.

She was feeling pretty silly by the time we got to Tritonís.

I obviously had a cocktail of some sort, but Iím not at all sure what this was - none of the ones on the on-line menu are ringing a bell.

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that The Judies pulled their little martini trick again tonight. In fact, I think Doulson even remembered it from last time and asked if they wanted it.

DD ordered a prosciutto and melon appetizer from the adult menu. I am not sure whether she actually ate any of it - she loves prosciutto and melon, but I donít think she was hungry at dinnertime tonight.

The Judies and I all had the Garlic and Herb Sauteed Shrimp - on spaghetti vegetables drizzled with garlic butter. YUM.

I also tried the Wild Forest Mushroom Soup - swirled with white truffle oil. Tasty!

For her entree, DD ordered the mac and cheese. She ate one bite and then declard that she was ready for the kidsí club.

I did convince her to take what turned out to be one of my absolute favorite pictures of the trip before departing. Willow and Doulson:

The Judies and I all ordered the lobster for dinner. Mmmmm

For dessert, I chose the Tropical Sundae - rainbow sherbet, coconut macaroon and rum-infused coconut cream.

The Judies both had the Warm Chocolate Lava Cake - baked chocolate delicacy served warm with double chocolate sauce.

We chatted a bit with Doulson. He showed us some pictures of his fiance. He was heading home in September and excited to be getting married in November. He said that he would have 3 months at home before getting back on the Wonder. I hope we get to sail with Doulson again someday.

Juni was very disappointing on this evening. She started hitting us up really hard about what we would put on our comment cards. She was saying things about how Disney will fire people and such. It was not the kind of things that you really want to hear from a CM while you are enjoying your vacation. It was very blatantly an attempt to get us to give her a positive review - it came out that she did not have a renewal contract yet, and I think she was getting worried that she wouldnít get one. I kind of think she probably wonít - it seemed like the others already had theirs. Maybe because they were not speaking badly about their employer (not to mention the company we have all chosen for the cruise) to guests????

Anyway, after dinner, The Judies and I decided to head to the Cadillac Lounge for a glass of rosa regale. So nice! Sorry - I had a hard time getting good pictures in here.

When I went to pick DD up at the kidsí club, she was very upset. A CM was comforting her and also seemed kind of upset. Apparently, an older girl had told Willow that she could never come back to the club and some other unpleasant stuff. The CM seemed quite upset about it and said that the childís parents had been called, that she had assured Willow that she could come anytime, etc. I was quite impressed - Iím used to preschool interactions, so I know this kind of stuff happens. But it was nice that the CMs were so kind about it.

Back in our staterooms, The Judies had a puppy.

And I think we had Stitch.

Up next: 35. Some Fancy Brunching (Day 7)
Old 08-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #575
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
The photos of Willow in the pool were totally cracking me up. No way you'd catch me in a pool when it was cold and rainy, but there she is, with a huge smile, having the time of her life!

How awesome that the kids put on a little production. They all look so cute in their matching t-shirts! It must have been very heart-warming to watch.

Ok, so WHERE are you going on this next cruise? You've got me on pins and needles! I can't wait to find out!
The kids' club show was really sweet. I was impressed that they would go to all the effort to do it.

All will soon be revealed - there are only about 2 or 3 updates left
Old 08-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #576
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

How cool that the kids put on a show! I've never heard of them doing that before! Too bad Mickey was blocking your shots, but it sounds like Willow loved it.

Fantastic picture of Willow and Doulson! How sweet!

I'd be sort of irritated to be hit up for good comments from Juni too. Sounds hugely inappropriate. A guy I used to work with used to say to every table "I hope that you really enjoyed my service tonight..." at tip time. Always seemed slimey and annoying to me.

That's great to hear about the CMs at the Kids Club. I'm really sorry that it happened to Willow, but glad to hear that they took it really seriously.

Maybe you had a some sort of pomegranate bellini?
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #577
amandaw
DIS Veteran

How fun that y'all got to see Brave on the ship! Such a good movie, right?!? And I might have teared up a bit when I saw it, too. I hope they have some good movies showing next summer when we're on the Fantasy!

The show with the kids is too cute! But who does that mouse think he is standing in front of Willow the whole time?

That picture of Willow & Doulson is just precious! And I would have been very frustrated with the other server hounding y'all about the comment card. That right there would have made me leave a not so flattering review.

That is horrible about that mean girl in the kids club. I hope Willow was ok & that she went back. I'm glad they called the parents of the little bully.

Last edited by amandaw; 08-27-2012 at 10:18 AM.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #578
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Pooe Willow! Kids can be so mean sometimes!!!

YAY for the post! I hope you guys are doing well and I cannot WAIT to find out where you guys are going next!!!!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #579
megan511
Mouseketeer

I love those pics of Willow enjoying the pool!

I'm glad you all enjoyed Brave. It made me a little teary too.

That pillow & necklace are adorable! I'm convinced to go to Alaska now

Willow's fireworks painting looks like it will be great! The pics on the carousel are super cute. I'm glad you & Willow could have some fun, it seems like you have a lot on your plate.

That performance looks adorable. Sorry Mickey was in front of Willow though!

That picture of Willow & Doulson is so sweet. I'm sorry about the other server though. Talk about uncomfortable!

I'm sorry Willow had an issue in the kids club. I'm happy that the CMs were concerned & on top of things though.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:59 AM   #580
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877
How cool that the kids put on a show! I've never heard of them doing that before! Too bad Mickey was blocking your shots, but it sounds like Willow loved it.

Fantastic picture of Willow and Doulson! How sweet!

I'd be sort of irritated to be hit up for good comments from Juni too. Sounds hugely inappropriate. A guy I used to work with used to say to every table "I hope that you really enjoyed my service tonight..." at tip time. Always seemed slimey and annoying to me.

That's great to hear about the CMs at the Kids Club. I'm really sorry that it happened to Willow, but glad to hear that they took it really seriously.

Maybe you had a some sort of pomegranate bellini?
You know, now that you mention it, I don't think I have ever seen anything about the kids club show before either. Weird!!

Exactly! I waited tables for years - a little tact goes a long way!!!! And brains - I mean, everyone on that ship has paid a premium to cruise with Disney; talking smack about the company to these people is probably not the brightest move. Juno worked hard and we tipped her accordingly, but her attitude the last couple of nights really took away from the experience with her. Luckily, Doulson made up for any negatives!

The Club CM was so cute - I'm used to the nastiness that kids can bring at times after years of daycare and preschool. The CM was clearly not as accustomed to it as I am!

I really can't remember what that was, but a pomegranate Bellini sounds might tasty!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #581
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw
How fun that y'all got to see Brave on the ship! Such a good movie, right?!? And I might have teared up a bit when I saw it, too. I hope they have some good movies showing next summer when we're on the Fantasy!

The show with the kids is too cute! But who does that mouse think he is standing in front of Willow the whole time?

That picture of Willow & Doulson is just precious! And I would have been very frustrated with the other server hounding y'all about the comment card. That right there would have made me leave a not so flattering review.
We all really enjoyed brave. I hope to set aside a little more movie time next cruise. It's so convenient!!!!

I managed to restrain myself about Juni. I'm sure she was just feeling desperate not having received a new contract. I can only imagine how stressful that would be. I fear stuff like that, though, is possibly why she didn't have a new contract.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #582
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
Pooe Willow! Kids can be so mean sometimes!!!

YAY for the post! I hope you guys are doing well and I cannot WAIT to find out where you guys are going next!!!!
All will soon be revealed - to the extent that I have actually made up my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I love those pics of Willow enjoying the pool!

I'm glad you all enjoyed Brave. It made me a little teary too.

That pillow & necklace are adorable! I'm convinced to go to Alaska now

Willow's fireworks painting looks like it will be great! The pics on the carousel are super cute. I'm glad you & Willow could have some fun, it seems like you have a lot on your plate.

That performance looks adorable. Sorry Mickey was in front of Willow though!

That picture of Willow & Doulson is so sweet. I'm sorry about the other server though. Talk about uncomfortable!

I'm sorry Willow had an issue in the kids club. I'm happy that the CMs were concerned & on top of things though.
Alaska - the pillow and necklace destination of the Northwest!

Thanks so much for following along. Almost finished now!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 PM   #583
RGirl
DIS Veteran

35. Some Fancy Brunching (Day 7)

So when last I left off, The Judies and I had enjoyed a little bubbly while poor DD was battling some kidsí club bully. And then we went to bed.

Oh, wait, I also had a voicemail from the re-booking desk! The prices that I had received were in fact for BOTH of us. What to do? What to do? Anyway, I went to bed. And eventually got up. And it was a sea day - my favorite!

And now begins that time in the trip when I stopped taking notes and really cut down on photos - you know the time - the last day. I always get so wah-itís-the-last-day-Iíll-never-be-happy-again on last days that I fail miserably at actually concentrating on what Iím doing!

Anyway, I do know that The Judies and I had pretty big plans on this last morning. We must have gotten DD some breakfast - Iím going to guess that I took her up to Beach Blanket. And then I trucked her off to the kidsí club and headed to Palo to meet The Judies for brunch.

This was amazing! Selcuk was our server again. Of course. And they had rearranged the tables, so that the window tables were now four-tops instead of the two-tops they had been at dinner, so we were able to enjoy a beautiful view. Selcuk took us around the different buffet stations and explained everything to us. He brought us mimosas. He suggested different foods for The Judies to try. It was lovely.

I took a couple of pictures of buffet plates just so you could get an idea of what some of the foods were like. Please know that there were TONS of pastries and breads - I canít eat any of those, so unfortunately, I didnít get pictures for you. The next time I dine at Palo , I will do better!

I ordered the chicken parm; it was tasty, although my picture didnít turn out looking very appetizing.

Selcuk brought a pizza for The Judies to try.

After we had stuffed ourselves silly, Selcuk insisted that he would put together a plate of treats for DD (as long as we didnít tell his manager ). So he did that, and The Judies and I discussed our next steps. There were several things that we wanted to do today, but the most important was me booking another cruise! If you donít know, you can get a GREAT discount if you re-book while onboard, so it is worth it to book even if you donít think you will cruise - might as well have that discount in your pocket in case you do cruise! The one thing that I learned on this cruise is that we LOVE at-sea days - I would be happy to sail and never go into port. The other thing I learned is that seven days is NOT enough! So I was torn between two cruises - both 14 days - both repositioning cruises and therefore surprisingly inexpensive (well, itís all relative - inexpensive for a DISNEY CRUISE ). I had pretty much decided by this point, but I was going to ask the re-booking agentís opinion as well. Anyway, the point here is that The Judies said that they would pick up DD while I waited in line at the re-booking desk; when I had checked it out yesterday, there was a LONG line, so this was great news.

Up next: Some New Cruise Plans, Some Treats, Some Swimming and a Show (Day 7)
Old 08-27-2012, 09:09 PM   #584
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful breakfast!

I can't believe it was already the last day though. But, I'm really looking forward to hearing on what cruise you decided on!!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #585
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

OMG!!!! Where are you going on your next cruise!!?? I'm so excited for you guys!! You should give us a hint!!

Loved the pictures of Willow on stage!! and Pooh on that Mickey for being in the way!!

Cant wait for more!!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: