Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #556
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Ok guys-I am uploading the pics for the next TR update. I have 92 pictures from 7 am-8:45 am. Seriously. Clearly I am the one who needs some sort of workshop (or intervention).

92 pictures from one breakfast. No scenery.
SO great! Can't wait to read it!!

I bought one of those tiny laptops and I'll be taking it with me on our cruise in October. That way I can upload pics every day and journal with them still fresh in my mind...

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #557
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love it!!! I was so disappointed in myself last year that I only took 1400 pictures during the course of 9 days.
Wanna know a secret? I had that many from the first 2 days of the last trip. I need help.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #558
megan511
Mouseketeer

That town looks so cute. But rain everyday? I could not handle that!

Your souvenirs sound so adorable. I would love one of those pillows. I love moose.

I'm sorry your cruise TR is almost over but I'm excited to read about your future plans!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #559
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wanna know a secret? I had that many from the first 2 days of the last trip. I need help.
You are a photo-taking machine!

I really need to up my game this year!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #560
megsablue
Mouseketeer

Loving this TR - DH & I just booked this cruise for next year, so I'm getting a peek of what our trip will be like. Thanks!

Disneyland Trips
October 2012 - DLH & VGC; April 2011 - VGC; GCH - December 2009, May 2007, May 2005, April/May 2004... many many day trips!

DCL
August 2015 - Wonder to Alaska; May 2013 - Wonder to Alaska; April/May 2011 - Wonder LA to Vancouver - TR Here
megsablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #561
Clotho
Dizzy Dis'er

I hoped the trip report would be done before we left on our cruise, but we leave Monday. WAH! Thanks for sharing all you have. Hope to share some of our own stories soon.

BOARDWALK: Sept 11-Sept 18 2004
POLYNESIAN: Aug 30-Sept 10 2007
BOARDWALK: Nov 28-Dec 8 2008
DISNEY WONDER ALASKA: Aug 27-Sep 3 2012
-- Disneyland: Countless times, Good Neighbor Hotels
Clotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #562
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I totally understand the "end-of-trip doldrums" and I end up taking less pictures also. I am really in awe of some of your guys and your picture taking prowess. I've been to Disney over 70 times and I don't think I have 1400 pictures total!

I really need to up my game if I'm going to hang out on the DIS with some of you ladies!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #563
Rayven
Earning My Ears

I really love your TR. I'm even more excited about our upcoming cruise in Nov.
Rayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #564
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I totally understand the "end-of-trip doldrums" and I end up taking less pictures also. I am really in awe of some of your guys and your picture taking prowess. I've been to Disney over 70 times and I don't think I have 1400 pictures total!

I really need to up my game if I'm going to hang out on the DIS with some of you ladies!
You should sign up with the rest of us for Shannon's workshop.

Now, we just have to convince her to really do the workshop....in WDW of course.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #565
RGirl
DIS Veteran

32. A Little Fish and a Brave Princess (Day 6)

When I last left you, Judy 2 and I had been getting some exercise.

After that, we decided to go look for Judy 1. We eventually found her in the Promenade Lounge chatting with a friendly CM. The three of us chatted and decided that this was a good opportunity for DD to swim. However, it was quite cold and rainy, so we thought we should go up to Deck 9 and make sure that the pool was actually open. Of course, it was, so I went to get DD from the Kids’ Club, while The Judies headed back to their stateroom. DD and I met them there, DD changed into her swimsuit, and we all headed upstairs.

DD had a great time swimming while the grown-ups just hung out. I even read a little - oh, Hunger Games, you guilty pleasure, you. Willow was the only person in the pool, and she was living large!

Eventually, we really needed to grab some lunch in order to have enough time to warm up, shower, and change before our next leisurely plan for the day. Willow wanted to try the pizza, so we got her a couple of slices of pepperoni from Pinocchio’s (she thought it was great). I grabbed a little green salad from Goofy’s and checked to see if I could get a gluten-free bun for a burger at Pluto’s, but, again, no luck. I got some fries to ensure that I wasn’t being toooo healthy. I am not sure what The Judies did.

Willow and I took our food back to the stateroom so that she could warm up. Once we had eaten, Willow had showered, and we were all ready to go, we headed to the Buena Vista Theater to see Brave!

We really enjoyed this movie, and seriously, I would totally “waste” more cruise time to see movies on the ship. It was so relaxing and just fantastic to be able to go the movies - we don’t get to go often because we are always so busy and movies have just gotten so crazy-expensive! Anyway, all four of us teared up a little during this move.

Up next: 33. DD’s At-Sea Stage Debut (Day 6)
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #566
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
But the near end to one TR is the beginning of A new PTR, right????
Indeed! And I am totally torn on exactly what type of trip to plan, so it will be awesome to get everyone's advice and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
I wish all of you guys were going on my Hawaii cruise!!!! It would be so much fun!!!!

I started a PTR...though I need to update it. And I'll be doing a HUGE TR after its done. My mother and I are BOTH taking loads of pictures and writing about our days, so I'll be including a point of view from me *29* and my mom *62*! So you'll get all kinds of good info!!!

I'm trying to talk my mom into buying an ipad so we can take even more pictures and put them on the ipad...we'll see....
Can't wait for the TR!

Quote:
Ok guys-I am uploading the pics for the next TR update. I have 92 pictures from 7 am-8:45 am. Seriously. Clearly I am the one who needs some sort of workshop (or intervention).

92 pictures from one breakfast. No scenery.
That is hilarious!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I love it!!! I was so disappointed in myself last year that I only took 1400 pictures during the course of 9 days.
You know, on our last trip to WDW, I actually did pretty well given that it was just me and a four year old (sometimes a bit hard to whip out the camera in those circumstances); I know I had thousands (I think even thousands just on the PP CD!). However, I am pretty sure that Shannon averages my total trip's worth in each day of her trip!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #567
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
That town looks so cute. But rain everyday? I could not handle that!

Your souvenirs sound so adorable. I would love one of those pillows. I love moose.

I'm sorry your cruise TR is almost over but I'm excited to read about your future plans!
Yeah, I could never live there - I don't deal that well with rain.

Can't wait to get caught up on your TR again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsablue View Post
Loving this TR - DH & I just booked this cruise for next year, so I'm getting a peek of what our trip will be like.
Thanks! I think you will love the cruise - we really enjoyed it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
I hoped the trip report would be done before we left on our cruise, but we leave Monday. WAH! Thanks for sharing all you have. Hope to share some of our own stories soon.
Sorry about that - I have fallen behind a bit with family issues here. I am going to wrap it up very soon - honestly, it is pretty darn close to done now!

I am so excited for your cruise on MONDAY!!!! I wish I was going to be on it. You will have a blast! If you eat at Palo and meet Selcuk, tell him hi from Roni and The Judies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from this last-day malady. I plan to beat it next year though! With help from Shannon's workshop, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
I really love your TR. I'm even more excited about our upcoming cruise in Nov.
Thank you so much! How fun that you have a cruise coming up!!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #568
RGirl
DIS Veteran

A couple of bonus pictures that I didn't realize I had taken. First, for those of you who haven't cruised before, this is how you know where you are supposed to go to dinner every night - obviously, some VERY important information!

And these are the birthday presents that I got for Willow's BFF (the other BFF got the same thing except the pillow was a blue moose pillow and the necklace was a bear; Willow got a pink moose pillow and a whale necklace):

And just for the heck of it, some "real life" pictures from recently (since I just dumped the pics from my camera onto my computer and thought, "why not share? "). First, DD is working on a big fireworks painting for our living room:

Next, we spent most of this week in Spokane because of the family medical issue I mentioned earlier. Obviously, a five-year-old child cannot just sit at the hospital, so DD and I did get out and do a few fun things. Feeding the garbage goat:

Spokane has an amazing carrousel:

And we had a very nice dinner together:

One more spin on the carrousel:
Old 08-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #569
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the real life pics! Cute, cute girl.

Great photos of Willow in the pool! She looks like she's having the time of her life. I'm so glad that you mentioned that you got fries. It would have made me feel terrible about the crap I eat on vacation if you were on a cruise eating salad.

I'm so glad that you guys got to see Brave! We went on July 4 and all really liked it. Maddie was asking about the movie this week though. She just doesn't understand why Merida chose not to have a prince. She's pretty sure that she'll choose a prince in Brave 2.

Still haven't started the Hunger Games. Must get to it soon.

I can't wait to hear about Willow making her stage debut!!! Sounds exciting!

I'd love to host a workshop if it meant we got to have DisMeet, but seriously you guys-I'm crazy. I will never, ever want half of the photos that I took. Even worse? I've spent $60 developing about a quarter of the ones that I do want!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #570
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"][U]32.
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
[B][CENTER][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]

First of all, the joy in that Mickey Pool pic just resonates! A life's good moment!
I love that pillow! One of my DD15s would totally "need" that pillow! Her lovey object which still travels with us on all trips is a white seal that looks just like the one on the pillow. Good souvenier find!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: