Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 11:29 PM   #526
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love your updates!

Pirate Stitch is too cute!! And real or not.....it's always nice to see Cpt. Jack! When we met him on Castaway Cay, there were quite a few ladies in line without any children.

Sounds like another nice dinner! And the Toy Story musical sounds really cute. I love that you let Willow wear her jammies to the show. And how about those Princess sheets? How awesome is that?!? I bet Willow was over the moon excited with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I liked it & had a few laugh out loud moments. I wanted more behind the scenes Bravo stuff though. I needed more Housewives dirt!
YES!! I wanted to know much more about the Housewives....especially stuff from the reunion shows.

Quote:
I would never have considered it if this friend hadn't said it was good. I trust her opinion! My brother has all the Game of Thrones book and gave me the first one to read. He says they are really great. I'll let you know how it is when I get to reading it!
I may give in & try the Fifty Shades of Gray books. Yesterday, my friend Jana was telling me that they're really ok, that there is a story to them.

Definitely let me know what you think if you start Game of Thrones. Do you watch the show on HBO? It's fantastic!!

Quote:
OMG, Anthony loves IHOP! He always wants to go there.
Him & Reid would get along fabulously!!! In fact, while I was spending the night at my friend's house last night scrapbooking.....him & Ed went out for dinner at IHOP.

Quote:
When that happened in the movie I busted out laughing. And vampires are not sensitive, they are mean! They are VAMPIRES!
Exactly!! I want my vampires like the ones in True Blood!

Quote:
I am definitely the geeky one. I'll never forget when Anthony & I were talking Star Wars & Chad looked at us & said, "wait, Darth Vader kills Obi Wan?" I about slapped him. It was almost as bad as when I was helping him with a history test & he said, "the US lost WWII right?" See why he needed my help?
Those are hilarious!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post

In unrelated news: I think Bryan may be on board for a June 2013 trip, and today I priced some out. If we rent DVC (I looked at David's rentals), a studio at the BC would be cheaper than CBR!!!!

I think I'm gonna start plotting my ADRs soon-just in case he agrees.
WOOT WOOT!!!

That's so exciting! I would definitely start plotting ADRs. You can never be too prepared for a possible Disney trip.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #527
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Fun update! Sounds like another great dinner. Poor Doulson wasn't sure about the Judies' martini plot huh?

Yay for a show in jammies!! Maddie is also pj obsessed. She pretty much changes into them as soon as she walks into the house.

Love the princess sheets! Mads has the exact same ones! Her pillow case is dark pink though.

How was the show? Did Willow love it?

I'm excited to hear about the cruise offers!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #528
megan511
Mouseketeer

Your dinner looks good!

I love those princess sheets! What a sweet surprise.

Jammies are the best! Toy Story sounds cute. That is a favorite in our house.

Sounds like a fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Definitely let me know what you think if you start Game of Thrones. Do you watch the show on HBO? It's fantastic!!
We don't get HBO so I haven't watched it yet. I m tempted to get it because Chad wants to watch it too.

Him & Reid would get along fabulously!!! In fact, while I was spending the night at my friend's house last night scrapbooking.....him & Ed went out for dinner at IHOP.

I think they would! I had to help at church yesterday so Chad told Anthony he would take him to IHOP. But Anthony said he couldn't go without me.

Exactly!! I want my vampires like the ones in True Blood!

Yes!

That's so exciting! I would definitely start plotting ADRs. You can never be too prepared for a possible Disney trip.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #529
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOVE Game of thrones...one of the nurses at work was watching it...and in 2 nights I watched Season 1 & 2!!!! LOVED IT!!!

I think I'm kinda caught up Roni!!!

~at least you watched Titantic AFTER the cruise

I LOVE THE PRINCESS SHEETS FOR WILLOW!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #530
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

I cannot watch Titanic. That scene with the iceberg people and the door freaked me out. I don't think there's any other movie that freaks me out like that. And that was way before I ever thought of cruising!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #531
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
LOVE Game of thrones...one of the nurses at work was watching it...and in 2 nights I watched Season 1 & 2!!!! LOVED IT!!!
It's such a great show, right? I can't wait for Season 3 to start....but I have to wait until April!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM   #532
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's such a great show, right? I can't wait for Season 3 to start....but I have to wait until April!
I Know..... I have never watched a show wishing for people to get killed
Old 08-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #533
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
I Know..... I have never watched a show wishing for people to get killed
Me, too!! Unfortunately, most of the times, the ones killed are the ones I like. I really do think I'm going to download the books soon to start reading them.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #534
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the absence, folks! Things are very busy for the reasons I mentioned previously. I'm glad to see that some of you are hanging in there with me!

I will post an update tonight, but I want to try to catch up on some of YOUR TRs first. I am very close to done with this TR, and I hope you will all help me put together plans for our NEXT trip in a soon-to-be-named PTR!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #535
RGirl
DIS Veteran

31. Some Shopping and Some Walking (Day 6)

DD and I got up incredibly late today! I think it was about 9:00. The Judies were already up! I think vacation had finally settled in for us . . . and, of course, it was almost over.

Judy 2 was kind enough to run up to the Beach Blanket and get some breakfast for DD while I got ready. I then ran up to get my own breakfast, and then The Judies headed to Triton’s. Surprised????

We were in Ketchikan today. (It apparently rains almost every day of the year in Ketchikan, so it is not surprising that we actually saw rain today.) View from our verandah.

We did not have an excursion planned here, and, as I recall, the ship was not going to be docked here all that late. DD did have two friends at home who were turning five and having parties right after we got back (actually, the weekend after we got back - one of the friends only invited DD and delayed her party in order to have DD there. ), so this was our last chance to find some birthday presents in Alaska. DD, however, had no interest in going shopping, which was odd. She chose the Kids’ Club.

I waited in the stateroom for The Judies, and then Judy 2 and I headed off the ship. Judy 1 was going to find a nice spot to sit and knit. Judy 2 and I found one of the many touristy stores right near the ship and ducked inside out of the rain. We quickly got the same presents for all three girls (yes, I bought the same things for DD too - seemed like, after actually going to Alaska, she should probably have some souvenirs too ) - decorative pillows with the word “Alaska” and a different raised soft animal on it (moose, seal, and, hmm, maybe there was another moose - one pink and one blue), a necklace (one moose, one bear, and one whale), and a weird plastic squishy thing with sea animals floating in it.

Once Judy 2 and I had deposited the gifts back in the stateroom, we really felt like a walk and decided to head to the walkway on Deck 4. (Deck 4 has an outdoor walkway that goes all the way around the ship for those folks who like to jog at sea.) This was fantastic - 4 loops equaled a mile, and we wished that we had come down here every day. At the ends of the ship, the walkway goes inside briefly into some interesting areas. Some pics:

Some additional shots of our view:

After our mile, Judy 2 and I decided to go looking for Judy 1. We found some semi-Hidden Mickeys along the way.

(BTW, those first two actually count on the HM hunt in the book. )

And let me apologize for the lack of photos in this update and the reduced numbers in some of the updates to follow. By this point in the trip, I was starting to feel my usual sadness that the trip would soon be over, and that always results in me taking fewer pictures. I vow to do better next time!

Up next: 32. A Little Fish and a Brave Princess (Day 6)
Old 08-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #536
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like y'all had a really nice, relaxed day! Those are some neat pictures of ship - stuff you wouldn't think you would get to see on the ship.

I hate when it starts getting close to the end of a trip - you just can't help but to start getting sad.

But, I'm already looking forward to your new PTR!

Hope all is going well!
Old 08-21-2012, 10:49 PM   #537
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

YAY! New post!

Hope you guys are doing okay! I can't WAIT for your next PTR and the suprise place you're going! Hazaa!

I miss that weather so much. I cannot WAIT to move back!!!

Can't wait for more to come. And your gifts sound great!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #538
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sounds like y'all had a really nice, relaxed day! Those are some neat pictures of ship - stuff you wouldn't think you would get to see on the ship.

I hate when it starts getting close to the end of a trip - you just can't help but to start getting sad.

But, I'm already looking forward to your new PTR!

Hope all is going well!
I am the worst! I totally get The Gloomies for a day or two before the trip ends. It's such a waste of a good time! I did realize, however, on this trip that one week just isn't long enough. It takes me at least 5 days to realize that I'm on vacation and loosen up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
YAY! New post!

Hope you guys are doing okay! I can't WAIT for your next PTR and the suprise place you're going! Hazaa!

I miss that weather so much. I cannot WAIT to move back!!!

Can't wait for more to come. And your gifts sound great!
When is your trip?????? Soon, right?

I am SO glad that I have the PTR to look forward to because it is going to be so sad to say good-bye to this TR. I sure hope y'all will join me in a PTR. And I hope YOU will write a TR!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #539
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a nice relaxing day! Yay for shopping!

That kids' club must have been amazing if a little girl chose it over shopping.

I'm the opposite at the end of a trip--I go into "must document EVERYTHING" mode. It's as though I think I'll really want 47 photos of a trash can to remember a vacation by.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #540
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a nice relaxing day! Yay for shopping!

That kids' club must have been amazing if a little girl chose it over shopping.

I'm the opposite at the end of a trip--I go into "must document EVERYTHING" mode. It's as though I think I'll really want 47 photos of a trash can to remember a vacation by.
That is hilarious!!! I am going to have to channel you on my next trip so that I don't end up with 5 pictures for the entire last day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: