Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #451
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Another lovely dinner! That Risotto looks delicious! Well, all of it looks delicious! And how sweet of the server to package up a souffle for Willow!

Thank goodness Ariel didn't disappear before y'all made it down to her! Is it just me or does Ariel have a painful expression on her face?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
They don't do a color show?????
No, they don't do that color show on the Dream or the Fantasy. On the Dream, it's a show with the Nemo characters. They swim "around the room" on these big screens. Then throughout dinner, Crush swims to the different screens & he talks to the guests sitting right by that screen. Kind of like Turtle Talk at EPCOT.

On the Fantasy, I've heard they do the Nemo show plus a second show. During the second show, you draw pictures on a paper or something before getting your food. The papers are taken by the servers. And then during dinner, everyone's drawings are animated & brought to life. Hope I explained that correctly.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #452
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I was posting as you were posting your real life update.

First......Congrats on the anniversary of bringing Willow home. How very special that must be for both of y'all!

Second.....you & your family continue to be in my prayers. If you need anything (to vent or chit chat or whatever), you know how to find me.

You know I'm always up for a new TR or PTR to follow!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 10:06 PM   #453
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Oh no!!! I'm sorry I pushed you!! I'm a big dork! You take care of your family and yourself! We're all here for you. Take your time and if you need anything let us know!

But your food pictures we're beautiful and I just want your TR to keep going forever because they are so much fun to read!

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #454
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like another amazing dinner! That risotto looks delicious!

Love the Judies' style! Good for them working the system to get their drinks the way they wanted them!

How sweet that the server sent you "home" with a dessert for DD!

So glad that you got to see Ariel again! Sometimes little girls forget to tell their friends important stuff!

I almost teared up reading about you giving Willow gifts that you'd gotten for her in Guatemala. That's such a thoughtful and sweet idea.

Happy anniversary to you both. I hope that you'll always remember the day that God made you a family.

I hope that you're doing okay. Sending you positive vibes and thoughts. Hopefully everything will be resolved very soon (for the good of course).

Don't worry about speeding through the TR. We'll be here.

If you ever need anything or just to talk, feel free to reach out. I cherish the friendships I've made here, and will do anything that I can to help.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #455
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thought I would do a really quick real-life update here since I have a couple of extra minutes.

I'm sorry that I've been a bit pokey in getting the updates posted. We are having a family/medical issue that is stressing me our a bit. It will also mean MORE travel, so that could slow me down again on the report - or not, depending on how much waiting-around/downtime there is.

On a much brighter note, Sunday marked the 5-year anniversary of the day that Willow and I traveled home from Guatemala together as a family. We celebrated by going out to lunch and hitting a park with a little water-splash play area. We had a good time, although it was a wee bit too hot to enjoy it as much as we otherwise might have. I also gave Willow her present - a headband from Guatemala (I picked up a bunch of presents when I was there to pick her up, and I give her one every year on this date).

Anyway, I hope to keep things moving along here, but I am so exhausted in the evenings - just a side effect of work and personal stress, I think. I try to come on here anyway though because it cheers up the evening getting to read everyone's reports and catch up with you all. I am serious thinking about starting a pre-trip report as well because thinking about the next trip always helps me get through the less-than-great times of the year. Plus, I need all of you to help me plan it!
Roni if you need to vent...laugh....anything, we are here for you!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the yearly presents for Willow from her birthplace

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #456
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Hi Roni,
Hope your family health issues are not too worrisome. Sending our prayers...
When you wrote about giving Willow a gift from Guatemala every year it reminded me of our neighbors. They have 3 "kids", the older two from Ecuador and the younger one (she is 17!) from Guatemala. We recently attended the wedding of the oldest daughter, and in addition to a beautiful wedding dress, she had a beautiful small tattoo on her upper back, "Made in Ecuador", with an outline of the country. I loved that! I usually don't love the idea of tattoos, but this one just made me smile!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
HermanTriplets+1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #457
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Roni- I'm sorry to hear that family/medical issues are getting you down, and I echo what everyone else is saying- please know that we are here for you, and take all the time you need to get everything in order. We care about you and we'll be here!

I also wanted to comment that your meal at Palo looks awesome once again, I think the Judies had the right idea with their cocktails! I might have to remember that idea if I ever get on a Disney cruise

How sweet of your server to box up a souffle for Willow, that kind of thoughfulness is what Disney is all about!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #458
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl
Thought I would do a really quick real-life update here since I have a couple of extra minutes.

I'm sorry that I've been a bit pokey in getting the updates posted. We are having a family/medical issue that is stressing me our a bit. It will also mean MORE travel, so that could slow me down again on the report - or not, depending on how much waiting-around/downtime there is.

On a much brighter note, Sunday marked the 5-year anniversary of the day that Willow and I traveled home from Guatemala together as a family. We celebrated by going out to lunch and hitting a park with a little water-splash play area. We had a good time, although it was a wee bit too hot to enjoy it as much as we otherwise might have. I also gave Willow her present - a headband from Guatemala (I picked up a bunch of presents when I was there to pick her up, and I give her one every year on this date).

Sorry to hear at the medical issue, hope things calm down soon!

I love the story about your celebration! My DS is adopted as well, and we love celebrating our family days!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #459
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Another lovely dinner! That Risotto looks delicious! Well, all of it looks delicious! And how sweet of the server to package up a souffle for Willow!
It was a great dinner, and it was so sweet of Selcuk to think of DD - I mean, he really had no reason to, so I was blown away.

Quote:
Thank goodness Ariel didn't disappear before y'all made it down to her! Is it just me or does Ariel have a painful expression on her face?
That poor Ariel - she looks like that in every pic I have. I think she may just not have been terribly photogenic.

Quote:
No, they don't do that color show on the Dream or the Fantasy. On the Dream, it's a show with the Nemo characters. They swim "around the room" on these big screens. Then throughout dinner, Crush swims to the different screens & he talks to the guests sitting right by that screen. Kind of like Turtle Talk at EPCOT.
Oh, that's right - I have read about Crush. I just didn't realize that it had replaced the color show; I thought they would have both!

Quote:
On the Fantasy, I've heard they do the Nemo show plus a second show. During the second show, you draw pictures on a paper or something before getting your food. The papers are taken by the servers. And then during dinner, everyone's drawings are animated & brought to life. Hope I explained that correctly.
Whoa - that sounds crazy! And pressure-filled! I am NOT a great artist!

Quote:
I was posting as you were posting your real life update.

First......Congrats on the anniversary of bringing Willow home. How very special that must be for both of y'all!

Second.....you & your family continue to be in my prayers. If you need anything (to vent or chit chat or whatever), you know how to find me.

You know I'm always up for a new TR or PTR to follow!
Thanks. I am sure that things will improve soon. I do think I may treat myself to the start of a PTR after we get through next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
Oh no!!! I'm sorry I pushed you!! I'm a big dork! You take care of your family and yourself! We're all here for you. Take your time and if you need anything let us know!

But your food pictures we're beautiful and I just want your TR to keep going forever because they are so much fun to read!
Oh no! You didn't push at all - I'm just glad you are enjoying the report! Posting on here is such a great way to take a break from all that the day throws at us, isn't it?
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #460
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like another amazing dinner! That risotto looks delicious!

Love the Judies' style! Good for them working the system to get their drinks the way they wanted them!

How sweet that the server sent you "home" with a dessert for DD!

So glad that you got to see Ariel again! Sometimes little girls forget to tell their friends important stuff!

I almost teared up reading about you giving Willow gifts that you'd gotten for her in Guatemala. That's such a thoughtful and sweet idea.

Happy anniversary to you both. I hope that you'll always remember the day that God made you a family.

I hope that you're doing okay. Sending you positive vibes and thoughts. Hopefully everything will be resolved very soon (for the good of course).

Don't worry about speeding through the TR. We'll be here.

If you ever need anything or just to talk, feel free to reach out. I cherish the friendships I've made here, and will do anything that I can to help.
Thanks Shannon. The Judies were cracking me up with their giant martinis!

I can't take credit for the birth-country-presents idea, but it is something I read about many years ago, and I made sure to do it when I was there. I love being able to give her something every year from Guatelama. And, of course, I look forward to the year that we can travel back there and visit as well.

Thanks for all the support. I am just letting things get to me too much, I think! I will be really happy when next week is over, although I will still be FREAKING OUT about how fast kindergarten is coming up after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Roni if you need to vent...laugh....anything, we are here for you!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the yearly presents for Willow from her birthplace
Thanks pas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Hi Roni,
Hope your family health issues are not too worrisome. Sending our prayers...
When you wrote about giving Willow a gift from Guatemala every year it reminded me of our neighbors. They have 3 "kids", the older two from Ecuador and the younger one (she is 17!) from Guatemala. We recently attended the wedding of the oldest daughter, and in addition to a beautiful wedding dress, she had a beautiful small tattoo on her upper back, "Made in Ecuador", with an outline of the country. I loved that! I usually don't love the idea of tattoos, but this one just made me smile!
Aww - what a cute story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Roni- I'm sorry to hear that family/medical issues are getting you down, and I echo what everyone else is saying- please know that we are here for you, and take all the time you need to get everything in order. We care about you and we'll be here!

I also wanted to comment that your meal at Palo looks awesome once again, I think the Judies had the right idea with their cocktails! I might have to remember that idea if I ever get on a Disney cruise

How sweet of your server to box up a souffle for Willow, that kind of thoughfulness is what Disney is all about!
Thanks Marissa.

The Judies were so funny with their cocktails!!!

Yes, Selcuk did not have to do anything like that - I mean, DD wasn't even there; he could have easily waited on us both nights and never even realized that there WAS a DD. But not only did he take note of that, but he went a step further to try to make her evening a little special too. Just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Jax View Post
Sorry to hear at the medical issue, hope things calm down soon!

I love the story about your celebration! My DS is adopted as well, and we love celebrating our family days!
Thanks.

Family day is such a special day every year, isn't it?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #461
revwog1974
Mouseketeer

I've been reading along with you for a while and I had to de-lurk to wish you a happy anniversary. We celebrated my younger daughter's adoption day on Saturday. Both of our girls are domestic adoptions, so we celebrate the days we went to court and finalized our adoptions. We don't have any gifts to bring back from another country, but our youngest is 1, so she was delighted with an Elmo balloon.

I've really been enjoying your trip report. I'm trying to convince my husband, and my parents that we should take a family cruise to Alaska next year. I'm getting lots of ammunition from your report! Thank you for sharing so much and I hope that things get better for you.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #462
pas130
DIS Veteran

You're welcome! DIS peeps rock!!!! I find my bestest support is here on the boards

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #463
Trish82
Earning My Ears

love the sail away with mickey really cute idea
Trish82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #464
Clotho
Doting on Disney

Quote:
Oh, that's right - I have read about Crush. I just didn't realize that it had replaced the color show; I thought they would have both!
Maybe it depends on how long your cruise is? But I have read reports where the THIRD night is the color show. Crush is the first night. Then there is something else the second. But that the color show still happens. Hrm!

BOARDWALK: Sept 11-Sept 18 2004
POLYNESIAN: Aug 30-Sept 10 2007
BOARDWALK: Nov 28-Dec 8 2008
DISNEY WONDER ALASKA: Aug 27-Sep 3 2012
BOARDWALK CLUB LEVEL: Aug 28-Sep 8 2014
-- Disneyland: Countless times, Good Neighbor Hotels

Clotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #465
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
You're welcome! DIS peeps rock!!!! I find my bestest support is here on the boards
My TR friends are so great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish82 View Post
love the sail away with mickey really cute idea
Thanks!!! We love countdown calendars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clotho View Post
Maybe it depends on how long your cruise is? But I have read reports where the THIRD night is the color show. Crush is the first night. Then there is something else the second. But that the color show still happens. Hrm!
Oh, that would make sense! I hope that's the case!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: